Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions

3.3

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

A relatively tedious process in the means of how many face-to-face interviews are needed, but the overall timeline was quick. The interview process was laid-back and they really make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions were asked, accounting specific were asked but broad.   Answer Question

Risk PL/SQL Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Applied online. Got an email for video interview. There were set of six prerecorded questions. Three of those were about how I am good fit for this position, why I am interested in this company and this role, etc. Rest three were of technical questions, more as of writing answers for exam paper. One question was to find out what errors will be generated from the given code and how the code can be corrected to get rid of those. The other one was to write some complex query.

Interview Questions
    • How does your background and experience makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Then I got a video interview to finish in three days after one week passed. I had some technical problem during the interview, but the support team was very nice and seemed to work 24 hours. There might be around 10 questions to answer. Even if the duration was indicated about 20 minutes, actually it would need a duration longer than that. The essay questions were out of my expectation.

Senior Salesforce Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in February 2015.

Applied on Company website. Quick turnaround time and timely communications.
    First round was on Hireview, nothing complicated and more over essay based exam. I was really looking to get more advanced technical question on Telephonic interview, but my expectations went completely wrong.

Interviewers called me on time, as per my knowledge I answered all their questions correctly with best of my knowledge, but I was getting the impression that they are looking for the answers that they know and they don't want to understand/listen the other possible solutions. As I believe there could be multiple ways/solutions for a single problem but a person needs to pick the solution which best fit for the requirements.

The whole experience of this interview was horrible to me. "Interviewers wants to listen just the answer you are aware of then even GOD can't answer your questions".

Quantitative Analyst Interview

It`s an online interview. I click in the link that provide in the email then come to the video interview page. 10 questions are prepared for me. The first fews are about my personal experience on my resume. There are also some questions about"what is your most recent program you have done" or "Talk about your recent paperwork", or "Talk about a book you just read" They are all questions that you can say something. I have 1-3mins to answer each of them

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

First round was a phone interview. Basic questions about the company. Technical question about programming language and explaining something technical on my resume from my internship experience. Asked if I ever use boost library in C++

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in July 2014.

Was contacted by agent and send my resume over. First got phone screen interview, then they called for a Java Test 3-4 pages test (75 min) . They are not valuing your experience just test skills. All questions are expected to finished in 2-3 mins otherwise not enough to cover the test, but you happenly saw it before, you can get it right. That is the worst experienc I had, I am not used to code on the writing paper.

Interview Questions
    • Design question, JMS model and method name. Algorithim question for finding a bug of Linkedlist loop. Java Tuning questions out of memory question.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Started with a test, had multiple choice as well as video recorded answers.
    Second, instead of a phone interview was another test. This one gear more towards logic/math.
    Finally got to schedule in a on-site interview. Process was a bit unnerving as I was passed from one recruiter to another. Then a few weeks of back and forth to set a date, then ICE came back and wanted to reschedule after all that.
    Interview day, got interviewed individually by about 5 different people. Three people felt like they were being forced to talk to me and out of place but, I enjoy chatting with them(Maybe that was bad b/c we went off). Felt like only 2 people actually were focused and had interviewing experience.
    Overall I enjoyed talking the to the Director whom was hiring for this position. He was very accommodating and personable. Recruiters were also nice and quick to response as soon as they got word from ICE.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when a client calls and says the cannot open up our webpage?
      What port is http, https?
      What is Telnet?
      What would you do if something big went down, like email?
      ICE has a strict NO work from home policy.
      Company is in process of relocating.

Answer Question

Quant Interview

First round is simple behavior questions. For the second round, about five persons, each give you questions in different industries such as behavior, programming, probability, finance product and so on. It takes about an hour

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in March 2014.

I have applied through their website. They contacted me in a week to have a phone interview. After the first interview, I get the 2nd interview in couple of days. In first interview they conducted a behavioral interview. At the 2nd interview they asked more technical stuff.