Intercontinental Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Trade Operaitons Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was pretty informal, nothing serious. Talk about how you know the company why are you interested. I was straight out of college so there wasn't anything to it really. I think it is really to see how well you carry yourself on the phone as this will be crucial to performing the job well. Also talked about past work I've done while I was in school, we chit chatted about that for a few minutes. Overall, the phone call left me feeling like I did not represent myself well as I did know the pacing and I am new to the job hunt.

Interview Questions

• Math quiz, was basic problems   1 Answer

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews + 1 face-to-face + skills test. The phone interviews were straight forward. The face to face lasted around 7 hours (1.5 skiils test and lunch included). It was a relay style interview where I met with QA, dev, project management, and other managers. it was a little intense for me. Each interviewer consistently reiterated the expected workload and aggressive schedule.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to draw an example of the system i was currently working on. Additionally, I was asked some tricky logic questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was straightforward and to the point. The interviewer was polite and explained the expectations in detail. He was open about where the direction of the company is going and how the position fits in to the grand scheme of things. He was adamant in his effort to find the right person for the position and gave you the opportunity to express any concerns that you may have. The next step was in-person interview. You meet with the hiring manager and other team members. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in March 2015.

Interview

Was introduce by 3rd party recruiter, talk to the guy who run their Salesforce. Was expecting a technical interview, but questions were all over the place. Not unusal, since the job description that was presented to be was all over the place as well, don't know whether they want a Business Analyst, Administrator or Developer.

Probably all of the above.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a trigger is, how do you use it.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see Salesforce in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email for video interview. There were set of six prerecorded questions. Three of those were about how I am good fit for this position, why I am interested in this company and this role, etc. Rest three were of technical questions, more as of writing answers for exam paper. One question was to find out what errors will be generated from the given code and how the code can be corrected to get rid of those. The other one was to write some complex query.

Interview Questions

• How does your background and experience makes you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A relatively tedious process in the means of how many face-to-face interviews are needed, but the overall timeline was quick. The interview process was laid-back and they really make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked, accounting specific were asked but broad.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intercontinental Exchange in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on Company website. Quick turnaround time and timely communications.
    First round was on Hireview, nothing complicated and more over essay based exam. I was really looking to get more advanced technical question on Telephonic interview, but my expectations went completely wrong.

Interviewers called me on time, as per my knowledge I answered all their questions correctly with best of my knowledge, but I was getting the impression that they are looking for the answers that they know and they don't want to understand/listen the other possible solutions. As I believe there could be multiple ways/solutions for a single problem but a person needs to pick the solution which best fit for the requirements.

The whole experience of this interview was horrible to me. "Interviewers wants to listen just the answer you are aware of then even GOD can't answer your questions".

Interview Questions

• How you can De-Activate a trigger on production   1 Answer
    • How AJAX is used in Salesforce   1 Answer
    • What you will bring to Organization ?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. Then I got a video interview to finish in three days after one week passed. I had some technical problem during the interview, but the support team was very nice and seemed to work 24 hours. There might be around 10 questions to answer. Even if the duration was indicated about 20 minutes, actually it would need a duration longer than that. The essay questions were out of my expectation.

Interview Questions

Interview

It`s an online interview. I click in the link that provide in the email then come to the video interview page. 10 questions are prepared for me. The first fews are about my personal experience on my resume. There are also some questions about"what is your most recent program you have done" or "Talk about your recent paperwork", or "Talk about a book you just read" They are all questions that you can say something. I have 1-3mins to answer each of them

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intercontinental Exchange.

Interview

First round was a phone interview. Basic questions about the company. Technical question about programming language and explaining something technical on my resume from my internship experience. Asked if I ever use boost library in C++