IntercontinentalExchange

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in March 2014.

Interview Details – I have applied through their website. They contacted me in a week to have a phone interview. After the first interview, I get the 2nd interview in couple of days. In first interview they conducted a behavioral interview. At the 2nd interview they asked more technical stuff.

Interview Question – Explain the Ito's Lemma.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange.

Interview Details – three round of phone interview and then invited to Atlanta on-site. Meet around ten people and have two written tests. Interviews are not that hard but do combine tech questions and logic questions. Peoples are pretty nice and they will move to a new headquarter building.

Market Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in November 2013.

Interview Details – They tend to ask questions that are not directly related the job description. The questions they asked were generally:
Tell us about options
What do you know about derivatives
Tell us about the option Greeks.

Afterwards, I was given a very simple MS Excel test to do on my own. You can really Google all of the answers if you want to.

Interview Question – What's the in-the-money strike price for a straddle option strategy if the stock price is $X.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had to take a 90 mins written test. The test was more of trying to test "how good you know the syntax", rather than concepts. I believe I did very well in the test since I was preparing for pl/sql certification exam. But never heard any feed back from them. Which is very unprofessional.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

Interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews and one onsite with multiple developers and managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if there is a crisis and everyone is looking to you for a solution?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in August 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring manager was very non-professional and refused my resume by stating that they knew my current employer didn't use their e-confirm system and would my currently employer want it? The hiring manager knew someone from my current company that had used this platform in their former employment and therefore wanted to know if my current company would be interested. No word about competencies or any hint that the hiring manger had even read my application at all.

Interview Question – No questions asked... that was the hardest!   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in June 2011.

Interview Details – The call came from a recruiting agency. Which took the first round of interview. The initial round was basic of Automation and QTP. After the first round the interview was with the director for QA and discussed in detail how automation is currently done in the company and what they are looking for.

Another technical round after that with 2 ppl, this one had med/high complexity questions on QTP and included few puzzles as well at the end of the interview

Interview Question – How would you test an application which has 1000+ fields on the screen and each of them come from different tables in the Database   Answer Question

HelpDesk Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in February 2010.

Interview Details – Liked the office and company. Brief phone interview and online skills test related to trading/market vocabulary, math and concepts. That led to in person interview. Hiring manager did not seem very formal and interview took tangents that really did not seem relevant to seeing whether I was qualified for specific position I was applying for. He asked about specific operating functions of the businesses of previous jobs I had. Frustrating and made him seem a bit incompetent. Other person I spoke to seemed more interested in whether it was something I really wanted and what my relevant experiences were. He however was not in hiring role.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in February 2012.

Interview Details – Head hunting firm contacted me. Many rounds of phone screens with them. Had two phone screens with the supervisor and department head. Came in for a meet with the supervisor, department head, and about 5 other employees. Came back for second interview about 3 weeks later and met with CTO and 3 other employees.

Interview Question – Name the most important uses you can think of for trading an OTC product rather than an exchange-listed product.   View Answer

Finance Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at IntercontinentalExchange in November 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and heard back about 4 weeks later. We set a date for a formal first round interview two weeks from then. The interview consisted of separate meetings with all three members of the finance department. Questions ranged from, tell me about what you have done thus far and why you think you are prepared for this position to tell me about our competitors and how our services differ. Two of the three all asked about OTC products vs. futures.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IntercontinentalExchange? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IntercontinentalExchange interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by IntercontinentalExchange employees and interview candidates.