Intergraph

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Principal Technical Writer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intergraph.

Interview Details – HR and hiring managers extremely courteous, each presenting a business card immediately and requesting that I contact them if I had any questions later. Very schedule-conscious and efficient without seeming rushed. Managers are very knowledgeable writers themselves, and were as interested in finding a good fit for the team as they were in finding someone with the desired skills and experience. Culture seems fast-paced, but not stressed out--lots of work to do, but not "overtime all the time". Particularly impressed with how forward-looking this documentation department is in terms of tools and technologies. Very professional group overall in terms of scrum participation, self-direction, etc.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the use of screenshots in documentation?   View Answer

Marketing Communications Director Interview

Marketing Communications Director
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intergraph in June 2010.

Interview Details – It took a while to get through the interview and hiring process since Intergraph had has several outside contractor advertising and marketing agency failures in getting Intergraph into the marketing sectors. So, they weren't so sure that they needed to have a marketing department and needed me to convince them of the internal need.

Interview Question – Can a marketing department be savvy enough to understand the technical issues needing to be addressed or communicated through marketing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Intergraph was recruiting and hiring engineers from California at California salaries versus local Huntsville salaries. So, I convinced them if they wanted the best, base the salary offer on a national level versus a local level. And they did and I got a great offer.

Software QA Interview

Software QA
Madison, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Intergraph.

Interview Details – I was referred by a current employee and was interviewed by HR, the QA Lead and the Dept. Manager. Each brought a different tactic to the interview process, a corporate/hr one a technical one and the final was very informal (manager). For the most part this was not a difficult interview, but I was already recommended by a trusted employee. I have heard our technical interviews require a coding test to be completed.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal and several years ago I do not remember any particular question standing out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time there was very little negotiation. HR did allow me extra time to accept the position. Relocation costs were covered. They were adamant about knowing my "current" salary and offered slightly more.

Software Analyst Interview

Software Analyst
Madison, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intergraph in June 2011.

Interview Details – Day 01) Telephone Interview with HR
Day 08) In person 1:1 x3 Interview (all same day, technical questions asked)
Day 17) Panel interview 1:8 (you get a tour of the work area if they like you, personality and resume based interview)
Day 31) Job offer with 48 hours to respond

Interview Question – Describe how your past work experience could be relative to this job position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was take it or leave it.

Software Analyst Interview

Software Analyst
Madison, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intergraph in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview started around 8:00 A.M. I was sent to a member of HR first to discuss benefits, compensation, and etc. After that, I interviewed with about 4 departments and 4 different people. They quizzed me on behavioral, career, and some programming concepts ( create a linked list, polymorphism, OOP, and etc.). Each interview took about 30mins to an hour. Then some of the management took me out to eat(They paid for it of course.). When we got back, I had about 3 more interviews to go to similar to the ones they had before. After this was all done (around 4:30), they tested me with modifying a primitive calculator program (The dialect of Visual C that it was written in was before my time.).

Overall, a very tiring interview. I felt as if I deserved the job after going through all of that.

Interview Question – What is the running time of a blank data structure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intergraph in February 2010.

Interview Details – Basically had a face to face interview with five separate people in the department all of whom described the job duties differently.

Interview Question – The questions were almost exclusively related to previous job duties.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Intergraph? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intergraph interview questions and advice in Huntsville, AL. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intergraph employees and interview candidates.