Intergraph

Intergraph Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.9

Senior Software Analyst With World-wide Experience In Languages and Fields Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intergraph.

Had a telephone interview with 3 hiring managers. They wanted to face the world market and answer the needs that the global economy impose in our days. The questions were specific to the need for the position they were looking for. They needed skills that are actually necessary on the world market not other made-up skills for welfare hiring found in government and other contractors. I had a short courteous HR interview. It was done. No BS.

Interview Questions
    • They needed someone to actually do the job, no fudge to cover the cake. I told them give it to me I will need a short time to train and understand the exact needs and it will be done without BS.   View Answer
    Short Quick No BS. You want it or you don't.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intergraph in July 2014.

I arrived early to put out my printed materials. When the hiring managers arrived we exchanged business cards and got right into the questions. They asked about my interest in the company and gave me some exercises to preform on a laptop to demonstrate proficiency of the needed software. Very friendly, I used my website to show previous works and explained why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect being asked to demonstrate my software abilities.   Answer Question
    The rate was set at $16 and intern for 12weeks. I accepted over the phone and they sent paperwork via email.

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intergraph.

HR and hiring managers extremely courteous, each presenting a business card immediately and requesting that I contact them if I had any questions later. Very schedule-conscious and efficient without seeming rushed. Managers are very knowledgeable writers themselves, and were as interested in finding a good fit for the team as they were in finding someone with the desired skills and experience. Culture seems fast-paced, but not stressed out--lots of work to do, but not "overtime all the time". Particularly impressed with how forward-looking this documentation department is in terms of tools and technologies. Very professional group overall in terms of scrum participation, self-direction, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the use of screenshots in documentation?   View Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intergraph in April 2014.

On-site interview, got few puzzle question and couple coding questions. People were very friendly and helped me out, got an offer within next three days. Very quick and well done

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intergraph.

I was referred by a current employee and was interviewed by HR, the QA Lead and the Dept. Manager. Each brought a different tactic to the interview process, a corporate/hr one a technical one and the final was very informal (manager). For the most part this was not a difficult interview, but I was already recommended by a trusted employee. I have heard our technical interviews require a coding test to be completed.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very informal and several years ago I do not remember any particular question standing out.   Answer Question
    At the time there was very little negotiation. HR did allow me extra time to accept the position. Relocation costs were covered. They were adamant about knowing my "current" salary and offered slightly more.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intergraph.

Became aware of position from a department manager directly rather than posting by HR department. Went through a phone screen and then an interview process at their office. Also took about an hour long quiz on programming language and algorithmic fundamentals. Given an algorithm, had to implement it in a few lines of code manually. Also, had to look at code and explain what it was doing. Nothing very hard or tricky for an experienced software developer.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intergraph in June 2013.

I was interviewed by two managers who went back and forth asking me general questions about what my experience was with certain software, what I did at my current job, experience I hoped to to find at Intergraph, why I chose intergraph, and then they gave me a 10 minute technical test following an HR round.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to tell them specifics about my current job.... the problem is... its Classified :/   Answer Question

Had a bad feeling about the company. They said they do 4 week sprints regularly, I've heard from former employees they are a sweat shop, and the benefits were less than mediocre.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intergraph.

Phone and in person interviews

Generous including relocation package

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intergraph in June 2011.

Day 01) Telephone Interview with HR
    Day 08) In person 1:1 x3 Interview (all same day, technical questions asked)
    Day 17) Panel interview 1:8 (you get a tour of the work area if they like you, personality and resume based interview)
    Day 31) Job offer with 48 hours to respond

Interview Questions
    • Describe how your past work experience could be relative to this job position.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The offer was take it or leave it.

Tester/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intergraph in February 2011.

Met at Career Fair at Old Dominion University. An interview was scheduled within 2 weeks by an easy exchange of emails. Really just one interview, first couple of minutes with the hiring manager, but the majority of the time with the entire 10 person team I'd be working with. It was a fun and relaxing experience once I moved past the initial shock of a group interview, which I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite non-technical subject of study?   Answer Question