Interlake Mecalux

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant/Customer Service Interview

Sales Assistant/Customer Service

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in June 2014.

Interview Details – I used a temp agency to secure this interview. The 1st was a phone interview with a Recruiter, Robin, she was very nice and upbeat. Then I had a face-to face interview, which turned into 3. The first was with the HR person, she wasn't mean but she also had NO expressions at all. The 2nd was with the "Sales Director", she was great and very friendly but she looked like her job stresses her out. The 3rd was with the Customer Service lead, Sharita, she was AWESOME, very friendly, very happy, she actually said she loves her job. Everyone else in the office did not look that happy walking in. I went through a recruiter and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – The questions were your typical why do you want this job?, what are your long term career goals? what did you like most/least about previous position?   Answer Question

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

Industrial Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview, then 3 Skype interviews. First phone and first Skype interview went well, no problems. Next Skype interview was with individual that would be my immediate supervisor. Went ok until it was my turn to ask questions, then he became very evasive with answers, and when he did answer, he was quite vague. Made me wonder what he was hiding. Last Skype interview was with Director of HR - she was even more evasive, and downright rude. It was like pulling teeth to get her to answer my questions. My mental alarm bells were going off, wondering why these folks were being so rude and evasive, and the only answer I could come up with is that they are hiding some unpleasant facts about working for the company. Consequently, 30 minutes after my last interview ended, I sent an e-mail to HR asking them to remove my name from their list of candidates, as I no longer wished to be considered for the position.

Interview Question – My question to Director of HR - How much decision-making freedom would I have in the field?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview Details – Cold ! You interview with about five people for a 30k position !

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay

Very Difficult Interview

Media/Graphic Designer Interview

Media/Graphic Designer
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in February 2014.

Interview Details – The most strange and unprofessional interview process that I have ever encountered. First off, I walked into this interview very positive and optimistic, I was a good match for the job. That was quickly stopped when I was interviewed by HR. Her questions (which were redundant and very basic), her demeanor was unprofessional (giving me blank stares and giggling at my questions to her) and there were inconsistencies in her responses to my questions (basic stuff). The whole time she just stared off into space, it was obvious she was not interested in anything I had to say, it was very uncomfortable and left me feeling disappointed.

After the interview, the recruiter came back to me with bad news. The reason given was that HR stated I didn't provide a resume. This was a blatant lie. She had my resume, in front of her and took notes at the interview. She then said my last employer discharged me, which is not factual. I was laid off, which I explicitly told her numerous times (redundancy) that it was a lay off. I encouraged her to check my references, but she shrugged me off. These false statements reflect the poor quality of this organizations' HR - totally bush league and unethical. I would advise not to pursue employment opportunities at this company.

Interview Question – Why were you let go from your previous employer?   View Answer

Mill Supervisor Interview

Mill Supervisor
Pontiac, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed and hired immediately.

Interview Question – salary requirements   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was 15,000 dollars a year below industry average

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Interlake Mecalux

Interview Details – A series of skype interviews.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in October 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview, a in person interview, and then final in person interview

Interview Question – All pretty standard.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Interview Details – Easy process only two interview persons

Negotiation Details – Slow phase took too much to get offer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Melrose Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in September 2011.

Interview Details – Head hunter. Hr. Hr. Manager. CEO.

Interview Question – None know the sales process and cycle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation

Order Entry Administrative Interview

Order Entry Administrative
Melrose Park, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 2 hours....HR manager seemed cold, Head of Customer Service was very friendly and talkative, COO was nice, but again, slightly cold. Be prepared with three copies of your resume, final offer was temp to hire....

Interview Question – What demotivates you on the job? What is your pet peeve on the job? Explain what we manufacture and what we do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay offer was too low....

Worked for Interlake Mecalux? Contribute to the Community!