Interlake Mecalux

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.4

Recruiter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Did a phone interview, interviewer used cheap & aggressive tactics to see 1. If i was being deceptive...was cold, stated things that were opinons about my work history in an initial phone interview? ! I felt that it was my job to conduct the interview. ..if i stopped talking there was odd uncomfortable silent. Not a good experience.

Sales Assistant/Customer Service Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in June 2014.

I used a temp agency to secure this interview. The 1st was a phone interview with a Recruiter, Robin, she was very nice and upbeat. Then I had a face-to face interview, which turned into 3. The first was with the HR person, she wasn't mean but she also had NO expressions at all. The 2nd was with the "Sales Director", she was great and very friendly but she looked like her job stresses her out. The 3rd was with the Customer Service lead, Sharita, she was AWESOME, very friendly, very happy, she actually said she loves her job. Everyone else in the office did not look that happy walking in. I went through a recruiter and I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were your typical why do you want this job?, what are your long term career goals? what did you like most/least about previous position?   Answer Question

Industrial Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in October 2013.

Had initial phone interview, then 3 Skype interviews. First phone and first Skype interview went well, no problems. Next Skype interview was with individual that would be my immediate supervisor. Went ok until it was my turn to ask questions, then he became very evasive with answers, and when he did answer, he was quite vague. Made me wonder what he was hiding. Last Skype interview was with Director of HR - she was even more evasive, and downright rude. It was like pulling teeth to get her to answer my questions. My mental alarm bells were going off, wondering why these folks were being so rude and evasive, and the only answer I could come up with is that they are hiding some unpleasant facts about working for the company. Consequently, 30 minutes after my last interview ended, I sent an e-mail to HR asking them to remove my name from their list of candidates, as I no longer wished to be considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • My question to Director of HR - How much decision-making freedom would I have in the field?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Cold ! You interview with about five people for a 30k position !

The pay

Media/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in February 2014.

The most strange and unprofessional interview process that I have ever encountered. First off, I walked into this interview very positive and optimistic, I was a good match for the job. That was quickly stopped when I was interviewed by HR. Her questions (which were redundant and very basic), her demeanor was unprofessional (giving me blank stares and giggling at my questions to her) and there were inconsistencies in her responses to my questions (basic stuff). The whole time she just stared off into space, it was obvious she was not interested in anything I had to say, it was very uncomfortable and left me feeling disappointed.

After the interview, the recruiter came back to me with bad news. The reason given was that HR stated I didn't provide a resume. This was a blatant lie. She had my resume, in front of her and took notes at the interview. She then said my last employer discharged me, which is not factual. I was laid off, which I explicitly told her numerous times (redundancy) that it was a lay off. I encouraged her to check my references, but she shrugged me off. These false statements reflect the poor quality of this organizations' HR - totally bush league and unethical. I would advise not to pursue employment opportunities at this company.

Interview Questions
    • Why were you let go from your previous employer?   View Answer

Mill Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pontiac, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in February 2013.

Interviewed and hired immediately.

The offer was 15,000 dollars a year below industry average

Account Executive Interview

A series of skype interviews.

Nothing

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in October 2013.

One phone interview, a in person interview, and then final in person interview

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux.

Easy process only two interview persons

Slow phase took too much to get offer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Interlake Mecalux in September 2011.

Head hunter. Hr. Hr. Manager. CEO.

Zero negotiation

Worked for Interlake Mecalux? Contribute to the Community!