Interline Brands

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Interline Brands.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online at the website but was recommended from a current employee. Was called in to interview. Was interviewed by a senior support manager and asked many questions regarding my experience with the various equipment, with warehouses and hazmat training. I personally had no previous warehouse experience but have had other jobs in the past in which I drove machinery. I professed my high intellect and ability to learn quickly. Filled out a required personality profile. Called back with an offer and to fill out some paperwork regarding background check within a few days. Was required to go drug test within 24 hours. Called and given a start date approximately a week later. First two weeks were testing on safety and hazmat.

Interview Question – What is my weakest attribute or some such.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We are prepared to offer this much. I said that's fine. I was a student looking for anything that was secure with benefits.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Interline Brands in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in June 2014 - Was contacted two weeks later by HR by phone asking me to come in to interview, I went in to interview with two managers and then later into the interview they called a third supervisor into talk with me as well.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They first offered me a low number, but then matched my salary requirements. After I accepted I asked about the benefits. They didn't match what I was looking for in a company.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable

Interviewed at Interline Brands

Interview Details – Initial communication - contacted by recruiter via email, responded by phone for initial questions and scheduling for first interview. Met with manager within the position's department for initial interview, in a room within the office; the office was nice, open cubicles with walls at standing height.

The interview was comfortable and easy - the questions were focused on previous experiences, and what I would be able to bring to the team, what past experiences were like.

Interview Question – What is something you would change about your previous job, why did you leave?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Interline Brands in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with some very low level language and framework types questions. Kind of just a screening process. Some of the questions were a bit odd as they didn't exactly pertain to the type of work I was experienced with nor was interviewing for.

The panel interview was pretty straightforward and a little more comfortable. It mostly boiled down to design discussions and some solutions to a few problems that had come up in prior experiences.

Interview Question – What happens when you assign a newed up class that has been passed into a method by ref vs. by value?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Know that the salary needs to be higher than what you're actually looking for in order to compensate for a sub-par benefits package.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Interline Brands in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process here is very smooth and professional. In my experience, they are much more interested in telling you about what the company does instead of asking the potential employees questions. Even if they do ask questions, they are not what you would expect in a job interview. Very behind the times and antiquated in that regard. Base interviews more on "feeling out" the personality of the potential employee.

Interview Question – In their interviews they didn't ask any of the typical "challenging" questions. All of the questions were expected and anticipated. Nothing difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got exactly what I asked for.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Interline Brands.

Interview Details – The interview was a brief phone interview, then two face to face interviews with the hiring manager for that region. The interviews were very informal and really did not ask any of the typical interview questions like, "tell me about a time you did...... And turned it into a positive". It was basically just industry knowledge questions then going back and forth on the compensation structure. They will definitely low ball you if you allow them

Negotiation Details – Back and forth, several conversations. Ultimately took the job because I needed a paycheck but they will make you a low ball offer, guaranteed

What A Joke!!!! Interview

What A Joke!!!!

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Interline Brands.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a Sales-related position. First was interviewed via phone with an HR recruiter who lives in Hawai'i. Usual questions...."take me down your resume;", etc......Then was interviewed by a so-called Regional...Usual questions...Was offered a meeting with an incumbent in the position, who led me down the Merry Path..Told me one thing----doing another...

Interview Question – nothning unusual or difficult...   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Interline Brands.

Interview Details – I met the HR recruiter at a job fair. I went through 1 phone interview and 2 onsite interviews. When walking through the hallways I received casual smiles from other employees. veryone i talked to was very pleasant and welcoming from the receptionist to the hiring manager. The skills and personality test was conducted on the computer on my second interview. General microsoft office knowledge, math, spelling and grammer. The personality test consisted of "what would you do" type questions on the job scenarios and how would you best handle the situation.

Interview Question – What does MRO stand for? Thankfully i had read the about us on the company before i interviewed. The culture uses a lot of acronyms so i was asked about a couple of others.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After my second interview, i got the offer within a couple of days. Depending on the position, the HR manager may give you the hiring salary range. I didnt get it, but i have other collegues which did. This incite helps.

IT Project Leader Interview

IT Project Leader
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Interline Brands in March 2012.

Interview Details – Everything was organized via recruitment company. Initial phone interview with hiring manager - much as expected, general background review based on Resume submission. Immediate decision by next morning to bring on-site for full day of interviewing within a week. On-site interviews were multiple 1:1 sessions, no panel interviews. Main advice - if you're interviewing for IT position, the CIO is the person you need to impress - regardless of how well you do with everyone else. Company did not appear to know what they were really looking for - so even if you check all the boxes for what they're asking for, it doesn't mean that you'll get the job offer. On-site interviews were not well planned with regards to Interview questions. Lot of focus on dealing with conflict. Seems that they want people who are aggressive!

Interview Question – Continuous questioning into dealing with conflict even after giving what one would consider to be strong answers.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Sales Professional
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Interline Brands in April 2010.

Interview Details – Detailed process where I had a phone interview with my potential boss, then visited and had a series of one on one interviews. All interviewers were professional, but friendly. Each interview lasted approximately 30 - 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Management was more negotiable on benefits such as vacation time as opposed to salary. The negotiation process was friendly and was not at all confrontational.

Worked for Interline Brands? Contribute to the Community!