Intermark Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intermark Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intermark Group in April 2014.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter, and was emailed back the next week asking me to come in for an interview. I was given a tour of the company and then asked a series of questions like the ones below. I was told I would hear back about a week after the interview.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermark Group (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview with three designers / developers at their office inside an old Airstream bus which they have moved inside the building and have meetings inside of. In order to add flare or quirk or culture or something.

Interview Questions

• Sites I'd coded, inquired about coding experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intermark Group (Birmingham, AL) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a career fair. I was then contacted by a representative of the department to come in for an interview. It lasted 30 to 45 minutes, and it was pretty casual. We talked about what I have done and what the company has to offer. I was offered the position the next week.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intermark Group (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Generally candidates are selected as presented by recruiting agencies. Initial interviews are performed by hiring managers to ascertain a candidate's general qualifications and suitability. 2-3 rounds of interviews follow with additional direct managers present to determine absolute skill levels and detailed qualifications. The final interview is often with several select team-members largely to determine team fit and suss out any final issues with qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the United States?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offers are usually reserved for final candidates. Much to any negotiation usually leads to the position going unfilled and a new round of interviews/candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intermark Group (Birmingham, AL) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very lax and conversational. The actual interview process only took place over the phone. I was never brought in for a face-to-face or panel review. Most of the interview questions were personality-centric, as opposed to technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Example question 1: How would you go about copying a table into another table in SQL Server? Example question 2: What is an interface? Example question 3: What are your strengths? Example question 4: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermark Group (Birmingham, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews. Both were face-face group interviews. The culture there was very laid back. Jeans and t-shirt on a day-day basis. Very young, non-corporate. Their office has a pool table and other fun things in a converted warehouse. First interview was technical with some employees. The interview was pretty standard. Asked a lot about my experience, technologies I've used, etc. They asked me about 4-5 technical questions. Example questions: "In C#, what's the difference between pass by value and pass by reference", "In ASP.NET, describe the page life cycle", "Customer wants to do this. Describe thought process of how you would quote the customer how many hours it would take." The second interview was with both technical and non-technical employees. The questions consisted of "What do you do if you have more work than you know you can finish with everything being top priority", "Tell me a time where you had a problem with a co-worker or boss and how did you resolve it", and other planning and interaction type questions. They're primarily looking for someone who meshes with their culture. So be personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• In C#, what's the difference between pass by value and pass by reference?   Answer Question
    • In ASP.NET, describe the page life cycle.   Answer Question
    • Customer wants to do this. Describe thought process of how you would quote the customer how many hours it would take.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you have more work than you know you can finish with everything being top priority?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a lower salary than expected based on the area's salary.com average, but it was comparable to other offers. It was their absolute best offer, so no real negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermark Group in August 2007.

Interview

Very much based on perceptions of the management. Resume important, but the interview and interaction most important. They want entrepreneurial people who can think and act on their own. Significant differences in the hiring between different departments, so these comments may not always be applicable.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze this hypothetical situation (then gave me very difficult real estate analysis question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely can negotiate first offer