Intermark Group

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intermark Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and cover letter, and was emailed back the next week asking me to come in for an interview. I was given a tour of the company and then asked a series of questions like the ones below. I was told I would hear back about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Birmingham, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intermark Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to a career fair. I was then contacted by a representative of the department to come in for an interview. It lasted 30 to 45 minutes, and it was pretty casual. We talked about what I have done and what the company has to offer. I was offered the position the next week.

Interview Question – How do you define this industry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intermark Group.

Interview Details – Generally candidates are selected as presented by recruiting agencies. Initial interviews are performed by hiring managers to ascertain a candidate's general qualifications and suitability. 2-3 rounds of interviews follow with additional direct managers present to determine absolute skill levels and detailed qualifications. The final interview is often with several select team-members largely to determine team fit and suss out any final issues with qualifications.

Interview Question – How many gas stations are there in the United States?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offers are usually reserved for final candidates. Much to any negotiation usually leads to the position going unfilled and a new round of interviews/candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Birmingham, AL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intermark Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. Both were face-face group interviews. The culture there was very laid back. Jeans and t-shirt on a day-day basis. Very young, non-corporate. Their office has a pool table and other fun things in a converted warehouse. First interview was technical with some employees. The interview was pretty standard. Asked a lot about my experience, technologies I've used, etc. They asked me about 4-5 technical questions. Example questions: "In C#, what's the difference between pass by value and pass by reference", "In ASP.NET, describe the page life cycle", "Customer wants to do this. Describe thought process of how you would quote the customer how many hours it would take." The second interview was with both technical and non-technical employees. The questions consisted of "What do you do if you have more work than you know you can finish with everything being top priority", "Tell me a time where you had a problem with a co-worker or boss and how did you resolve it", and other planning and interaction type questions. They're primarily looking for someone who meshes with their culture. So be personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• In C#, what's the difference between pass by value and pass by reference?   Answer Question
  • In ASP.NET, describe the page life cycle.   Answer Question
  • Customer wants to do this. Describe thought process of how you would quote the customer how many hours it would take.   Answer Question
  • What do you do if you have more work than you know you can finish with everything being top priority?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a lower salary than expected based on the area's salary.com average, but it was comparable to other offers. It was their absolute best offer, so no real negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intermark Group in August 2007.

Interview Details – Very much based on perceptions of the management. Resume important, but the interview and interaction most important. They want entrepreneurial people who can think and act on their own. Significant differences in the hiring between different departments, so these comments may not always be applicable.

Interview Question – How would you analyze this hypothetical situation (then gave me very difficult real estate analysis question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definitely can negotiate first offer

Worked for Intermark Group? Contribute to the Community!