Intermec Technologies Interview Questions

3.1

Interview

Very personal and friendly team members. Met with diverse individual through out the department. They did a great job trying to get a sense of my passion and skill set. Interviews were back to back to back, which is a bit too intense for me, I was there for 6 hours straight.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Join a reputable, growing, global business to provide consistent performance and results as an HR Leader accountable for strategic planning, program and process development, and daily tactical support.

Interview Questions

• I was relocated and was a very smoth transition process thanks to the support of the executive team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We talked about the whole compensation package, succesion planning process and localization.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

In my 1-1 Interview with the Manager I was asked what was motivating my search, what I knew of Intermec, and what performance metrics I was achieving in recent roles. I was asked how much of the administrative work was I comfortable doing. The small team I would join had a Coordinator, but I would still do a lot of the data-entry and documentation work that might be owned by another resource in larger companies. This can be harder to digest for people used to having a big team of specialists. I was brought back to meet two peer-level team members who asked about specific work experience I had in similar companies. They also wanted me to compare the culture of different employers, and asked if I liked small or large companies better and why. They asked how much I liked to manage projects and seemed to be looking for my ability to own and drive an initiative to completion, or at least contribute new ideas that could improve process and programs. The company was not as "conservative" as I expected it and has a simple business casual style. The building in Everett is nice, having a cafe and espresso stand in the center of the building under an atrium ceiling. It's a nice area designed for drop-in meetings and collaboration and getting access to sunshine while you work. Most people work in cubes but not packed in like I have seen elsewhere. Some Managers are even in the cubes, so you might ask to see where you would work if you don’t get offered a tour. There is a nicely equipped Gym onsite which is a bonus because there are very few amenities (shopping, dining, banking, etc.)close by the building.

Interview Questions

• What Key Performance Indicators (metrics) are you meeting/exceeding in your work today?   Answer Question
    • How much of the administrative (data-entry) work are you comfortable owning?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intermec is competitive with salary and benefits but needs to enhance rewards at the IC level.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Refreshing! Initial contact came from HR after an on-line app, first email, then phone screen, then appointment w/hiring mgr., also a phone screen. Face-to-face interview followed, preceded with an employment application and directions. Face-to-face consisted of back-to-back 1:1 interviews. Started with lunch in their company atrium-like albeit plain cafe with someone who would be my peer, followed with another prospective peer, the hiring manager and HR. Good blend of sharing and probing, focus on experience/process and attitude,very candid, professional, friendly... folks I'd really like to work with. Personal, friendly, professional phone call about a week and a half after the interview from HR to let me know I did not get the job. Found out later by asking from prospective peer what key experience person who got hired had that I didn't. Culture/environment: Typical tech: nice lobby, bland cube farm. Company's experienced a lot of downsizing and restructuring yet provides a good opportunity with right attitude, strong but not overly intense work ethic, and the right boss (also determined later from a former Intermec employee who did not have as good a boss). Post-"rejection" notes: Since maintained contact with hiring manager and and particularly with one of my prospective peers. Tried contacting CEO for an info interview (mid sized company.... CEO has a reputation for being friendly and not overly hierarchical) and got stopped very cold by his Exec Admin. Also tracked one other position that opened and closed w/o hiring, though had to track down the hiring mgr (different group then who I interviewed with) to find out. Take-away: Good place to work if you land well (ask some probing questions up front) apply yourself, are flexible and ok that it's not a sure thing long term but can be a worthwhile albeit probably bumpy ride.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Had an initial discussion with the HR person. Then had a group interview with the managers and then with the factory team. It was a low stress experience. After about a week I got a call from the HR manager and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Both sides wanted to make it work.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewing and Hiring process was very straightforward and standard - meeting with leads or managers from related departments, discussing my educational background, acquired experiences, certifications, wanted and available benefits. As usual the higher status of the manager the more relaxed questions, peers from lower steps of corporate hierarchy were trying to invent more complex or hard to answer questions - in some cases not directly related to particular job description.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies in January 2010.

Interview

Background check. Phone interview, and they flew me out for a face to face / job offer.

Negotiation

very easy

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

phone screen with HR manager then second phone interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths   1 Answer
    • What are your areas for improvement   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

Intermec offers a progressive environment indicative of several internal changes at the time of my interview. The representative of the company was personabable yet infomative business interview. They engaged and asked many of the personality based questions and zeroed in on modeling and analysis skills asking for specific examples of modeling projects. What I recall of the interview they sought an applicant with MRP experience. Materical Requirements Planning is common within manufacturing environments. The office was very typical of most financial environments, with ample work spaces and large offices for its business managers and directors. The work culture seemed to promote working smarter and efficently; this would be expected within a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince to see things your way?   1 Answer
    • By providing examples, convince me that you can adept to a wide variety of people, situations and environments.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intermec Technologies (Everett, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Start off with phone screening twice, then meet with HR in person, then a group meeting where they have 4 people meet and screen you. Next they bring you in for a 2nd group meeting this time with executive and manager.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult was explaining why the guys assumptions about a new technology were wrong while trying not to laugh. He thought OBIEE was just for Oracle and wasnt able to allow other data formats   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate, they offer you a salary and you either accept or dont.