Intermedia.net Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2014
Updated May 7, 2014

2.8

Remote Technical Support for MS Exchange, Cloud Services Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intermedia.net in July 2013.

I submitted my resume and cover letter. I also took an online test. All of that takes time. As many of you know, all of us who are searching spend a lot of valuable time writing and submitting resumes and cover letters online only to receive an automated response and then endless waiting. I submitted my resume and cover letter and took a test for intermedia.net. I received the usual automated response. Then the following day, I received a note (via email) from a lady at Intermedia to let me know that the IT manager did not feel that I was the best candidate. Although I wish the response was different, I greatly appreciate the courtesy of a follow-up reply. No company I have ever applied to has taken the time to do this. What a class act! Good luck future applicants. Best wishes to you all.

Interview Questions
    • How would one do a manual SMTP session?

Note: I have setup many email accounts with a previous (large) employer and there are so many different variations in systems that the info you need for one organization may be different at another. Also, it has been about 1 1/2 years so I was going off of memory.
        Answer Question

Exchange Technical Support Engineer Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermedia.net in April 2013.

Complex written exam with tons of questions to probe understanding of the cloud, DNS and email. One email header analysis with a series of questions to see if you can read and understand the header. Phone interview was very easy with a role play.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with co-workers who aren't doing their job?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. The application included "Will you be satisfied with $19 an hour?"

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermedia.net in March 2012.

Intermedia is a very collaborative interview process and you can expect to meet 6-10 different individuals in the process. All interviews are important there are no meet and greet type compulsory interviews. Everyone in the process has input into candidate selection. Will also meet key individuals in other departments other than the one interviewing to make sure any hire is able to work with the departments that collaborate.

Interview Questions
    • For technical roles be expected to answer technical questions or given a problem to solve demonstrating and understanding of the technology the individual is being hire for.   Answer Question
    Straight forward and easy

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intermedia.net in May 2010.

Was initially contacted by management by phone, and subsequent communication was facilitated through e-mail

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible, but each position has their salary caps.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intermedia.net in January 2009.

I found the job listing on Craig's List and submitted my resume. Three days later I got a phone call and had an initial interview / screening. From there went for a panel interview at the office in Sunnyvale. The folks that interviewed me were casual and pleasant. No suits and ties. They asked very basic technical questions, like what is DNS? What is an MX record? Which I got right.

Exchange Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intermedia.net in April 2012.

Interview was ok however HR representative was unprofessional.