Intermountain Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2015

2.9

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

I went through five meetings over several weeks. After the phone screening, there was a skills test that consisted of printed sheets describing what they wanted me to do in specific programs, and then I met with different people on four other occasions. To their benefit they didn't leave me wondering what was happening. The recruiter kept in touch to let me know I was still under consideration. I sort of wonder if I only got the offer because I was the only left hanging on after all that time. Hehe!

Interview Questions
    • If I was on a trip and called you saying I hated my hotel room, how would you handle it?   View Answer

Patient Care Tech - Pediatrics Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in February 2015.

I applied online and got a login . I had applied for a couple other jobs with no success.
    For this job application I had a cover letter and experience as a CNA for 6 months. I also worked at a daycare for 3 years which I think really helped. I called their HR department and three days later got a call from the HR lady about an interview. had a single interviewee who luckily was very friendly and easy to talk to. She asked easy questions. For example "Tell me about yourself".

Interview Questions
    • How working in a team helps you succeed? What are three things you can leave me with that will help me choose you over other candidates.   Answer Question
    No negotiations I knew the pay before I applied.

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online – interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

I don't remember how long it took after applying online to hear back from them, but when I was called the interview was scheduled for a couple of weeks after. I was surprised and a bit intimidated to find that there would be three staff members interviewing me, but my fears were quickly allayed as they were all very pleasant and brought out the best in me. It felt very casual and was actually kind of fun. The interview lasted maybe 20-25 minutes. They said they would let me know if I got the job by the end of the next week, but later that day called for references, and the day after the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been asked by a superior at a job to do something that you weren't comfortable with? How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. I was offered a wage above what was posted that I'm sure was based on a strict company standard based on my experience and education.

Patient Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Applications are submitted online. More than half are rejected based on whether or not you answer the correct questions. Once selected there are usually 2 interviews followed by an official job offer via phone call and email. The work environment varies on the clinic. I worked in 2 clinics. The first was very positive. The physicians, MA, rad tech and receptionists all view each other as equals. As such patient care and service was at its best. At the 2nd clinic the MA viewed the receptionists as lower individuals and it created a very difficult environment.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty with different insurance companies and their policies regarding care. It is hard to know what company covers what.   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

After submitting the application, I had a group interview. The interview questions were related to the position, my abilities, and my personality. I interviewed at on off site campus that was easy to find. I received a call within two weeks offering me the position. I then set up orientation to learn the organization's practices and policies.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have previous experience, as the hardest question for me to answer was regarding why I would be good for the job without experience.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Only one interview with a panel. I submitted through website and then the recruiter called. Set up the appointment. Got the job. The people I interviewed with were fantastic! There was a bit of time though on the response as to whether or not I got the job. Overall i feel like it was a great learning experience.

No negotiations

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Informed of the job opening from a friend and passed the HR screening software and the phone interview. That was followed up by an interview with 6-8 people where they asked me technical questions regarding the work I would performing in addition to soft questions like, "Give me an example of a time when you successfully managed conflict."

Interview Questions
    • They asked me specific questions about Oracle SQL syntax ( when does it make sense to use a 'With' statement to optimize query performance)   Answer Question
    I was a terrible negotiator and I found out what my peers were earning and feel terrible now because yearly raises are minimal and I won't be able to jump up the amount of money to match what I could earn unless I leave the company and come back.

HIM Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Intermountain Healthcare is a prestegious healthcare provider. They look for the best candidates possible so the interview process is a little different than a normal interview. Be prepared for personal experience questions along with behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker to meet a departmental goal?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Online process. Fairly straightforward.

Physician Assistant Interview

One interview, 30 mins long with 4 interviewers including regional rep. About 15 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where the outcome didn't turn out the way you expected?   Answer Question