Intermountain Healthcare

2.9

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in August 2012.

Took about a month after I applied online. The interview was a panel of 3 people and was very easy. I was asked to tell about myself, and alot of "What would you do" type situations.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They said the starting rate and I accepted it because I was using it as a way to get my foot in the door to advance. BIG FAIL. But after accepting I still didnt start for another month.

Patient Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Applications are submitted online. More than half are rejected based on whether or not you answer the correct questions. Once selected there are usually 2 interviews followed by an official job offer via phone call and email. The work environment varies on the clinic. I worked in 2 clinics. The first was very positive. The physicians, MA, rad tech and receptionists all view each other as equals. As such patient care and service was at its best. At the 2nd clinic the MA viewed the receptionists as lower individuals and it created a very difficult environment.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty with different insurance companies and their policies regarding care. It is hard to know what company covers what.   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

After submitting the application, I had a group interview. The interview questions were related to the position, my abilities, and my personality. I interviewed at on off site campus that was easy to find. I received a call within two weeks offering me the position. I then set up orientation to learn the organization's practices and policies.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have previous experience, as the hardest question for me to answer was regarding why I would be good for the job without experience.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Only one interview with a panel. I submitted through website and then the recruiter called. Set up the appointment. Got the job. The people I interviewed with were fantastic! There was a bit of time though on the response as to whether or not I got the job. Overall i feel like it was a great learning experience.

No negotiations

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in January 2010.

Fill out online. Couple different interviews, one panel interview. Answer a few questions, technical stuff, then wait for a job offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Hardest one was provide an example of when you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Informed of the job opening from a friend and passed the HR screening software and the phone interview. That was followed up by an interview with 6-8 people where they asked me technical questions regarding the work I would performing in addition to soft questions like, "Give me an example of a time when you successfully managed conflict."

Interview Questions
    • They asked me specific questions about Oracle SQL syntax ( when does it make sense to use a 'With' statement to optimize query performance)   Answer Question
    I was a terrible negotiator and I found out what my peers were earning and feel terrible now because yearly raises are minimal and I won't be able to jump up the amount of money to match what I could earn unless I leave the company and come back.

HIM Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Intermountain Healthcare is a prestegious healthcare provider. They look for the best candidates possible so the interview process is a little different than a normal interview. Be prepared for personal experience questions along with behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker to meet a departmental goal?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Online process. Fairly straightforward.

Physician Assistant Interview

One interview, 30 mins long with 4 interviewers including regional rep. About 15 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where the outcome didn't turn out the way you expected?   Answer Question

Registere Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

My initial interview was a "group interview" where they brought a bunch of people in together. I'm pretty sure that the point of the interview was just to see how you interact with others in the various activities. They also told us all to give a short (~3 minute) presentation on "anything you want". They really do mean "anything". It could be making a Peanut Butter sandwich. It could be your hobby. It could be an interesting medical technology that is just coming out. It's less about the content and more about how you carry yourself.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was just glad to have the job.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!