Intermountain Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

CNA Interview

CNA
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview Details – After submitting the application, I had a group interview. The interview questions were related to the position, my abilities, and my personality. I interviewed at on off site campus that was easy to find. I received a call within two weeks offering me the position. I then set up orientation to learn the organization's practices and policies.

Interview Question – I did not have previous experience, as the hardest question for me to answer was regarding why I would be good for the job without experience.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Electrician
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out online. Couple different interviews, one panel interview. Answer a few questions, technical stuff, then wait for a job offer

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Hardest one was provide an example of when you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Administrator, Primary Children's Hospital Interview

Administrator, Primary Children's Hospital
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen. Seemed like they already had someone selected, as they were really just going through the motions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions; they were all very standard. I asked them what the biggest challenges were that this hospital would face in the next 5-10 years.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview Details – after applying for the job online I was contacted by the recruiter who scheduled a face to face interview. The interview went well, they asked about my current position, questions related with the architecture of the project and about the methodology followed. After waiting for 2 weeks , I got another call from the recruiter asking for a face to face with the manager. In the second interview lots of behavioral questions were asked. I was offered the job the next day. Negotiated the salary successfully and joined the company after 1 month.

Interview Question – Tell about a bug caused by your code which caused serious issues in the production system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Associate Interview

Software Engineer - Associate
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in May 2011.

Interview Details – It took a long time to get a call for the first interview. The interview was arranged through a recruiter. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and several of the team leaders of the team I was to be hired into.

There was only one interview, and it consisted of personality and project management questions from the manager, and technical questions from the team.

Once the interview was completed, it was over 3 weeks until I heard from them again. When they finally called back it was with a job offer. They wanted me to start as soon as possible. I started working there 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Give a project timeline and estimate for a project that includes very little detail of what is needed. You are expected to figure out what is going to be required based on just the user interface and give an accurate expected completion date with details about why that timeframe would be accurate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as their first offer was more than the 2 other offers I had received. It was a fair salary. They are careful to hire people at exactly (not over or under) average market salary for a given experience level.

Very Easy Interview

Certified Nurses Assistant Interview

Certified Nurses Assistant
Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in September 2011.

Interview Details – Received phone call for time to come in for an interview. Came in has interview very easy and felt very welcome interview covered my years of experience and Nurse Manager was happy with the results of the interview felt I was more the able to fill position for full time CNA needed.

Interview Question – What was the one main thing that you remember where you had to calm a patients family/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay offer was good and I did not have to negotiate pay very pleased

Operations Director Interview

Operations Director
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in May 2009.

Interview Details – Starts with recruiters

Interview Question – Average questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opinion

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
West Valley City, UT

I applied online and interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 8-12 people in a room asking an assortment of questions. I think they do this because nobody wants to get the blame is somebody doesn't work out. This position constantly appears which tells me their interview process is flawed. Questions included business type questions, personal questions, and technical questions.

Interview Question – The technical questions were the difficult part of the interview.   Answer Question

Orderly Interview

Orderly
Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in August 2009.

Interview Details – The initial interview for new hires with Intermountain are usually held at their human resources office. The first interview is usually a group interview including several candidates. During the group interview, the HR interviewer will ask each candidate to introduce themselves to the group and give the group a scenario to discuss. The object is not to be right or to give the best answer. The object for the HR rep is to determine how well the potential employee will interact in a group. The trick is to make sure that you are respectful, but make sure to speak up and make your opinion known. If you perform well, they will give you a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – I was asked what I thought my coworkers' opinions were about me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in March 2011.

Interview Details – Dont know much. I started as contractor and got hired.

Interview Question – Depends on team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much..But do the homework

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!