Internal Data Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Internal Data Resources

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

IDR came to my school for a marketing fair and that is where I met the CEO. He is a very energetic and forward looking person. After talking with him for a few minutes I had an interview the next day. Following the first interview, he invited me to Atlanta for a follow up and to run me through some phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was when they made me call past technicians. They wanted to see how you talk on the phone and keep a conversation going. The most difficult question was what I thought about the company and what problems they think I would have.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

They really like to rush you through the process cause they are greedy and want you to work so they can make money off you. Be sure to read each and every document.

rushed

Internal Data Resources Response

Aug 11, 2014Marketing Coordinator

Hello,
    We apologize if you felt rushed during your interview process with IDR. Our purpose is to serve the needs of our Clients, who may require us to move quickly to ensure their projects are on
    ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in March 2012.

3-5 interviews, phone, onsite, panel, team interaction

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in August 2012.

I was referred to IDR's corporate recruiter by one of my professors. We officially met at a career fair and had a short interview. After that I was able to have a phone conversation with the branch manager about the company's expectations, culture and values. Lastly, I was brought onsite to meet with the team and participate in a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be what are your weaknesses and how will you add value to this company?   View Answer
    After the panel interview, I was presented the offer and had 24 hours to accept.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in November 2013.

I was contacted by IDR on LinkedIn initially by a friendly recruiter. I am happy in the job I am in, but I wanted to see what was out there so I pursued the position. I didn't catch a few red flags. The recruiter said she was coming on campus in a week or so to interview students, and when I checked with the campus career services, they had no clue. She was saying I would interview on campus, but then when I asked when she said she wasn't coming anymore. A few days later the owner of the company called me for a 20-30 minute initial phone interview. It seemed promising. I was asked to come interview at the Atlanta office. I went to Atlanta, and looking back I wished I wouldn't have. I walked in the wrong door of the building. The owner of the company immediately pointed that out to me. He took me upstairs and into an interview room. His wife was there too, and he said baby a few too many times. He didn't make much sense to me in the interview, and all he talked about was pressure he puts his employees under to grow the company. He was not selling the position at all. He made it clear he was hard to work with. He said he had fired a manager because he had awful character, but went on to say the character of that man was just like his. It was all very weird. He said he didn't think I could handle the pressure of the job. I have worked multiple jobs at a time while being in school. I can handle some pressure, but he did not ask the right questions to figure that out. He then took me down to watch the other recruiters. They work in a basement, and it looks like they sit on a computer all day. One girl said she works every day 7:30-6:30. The manger down there made me uncomfortable. She asked me why I liked my job, and I said I was very comfortable there. She said, "So you like to be comfortable, huh?" She put it in a very negative way. Who doesn't like to be comfortable? I wanted to get out of there within five seconds of being there, and I know I would not fit here.

IDR Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in June 2012.

I was contacted through my sorority alumni group on LinkedIn by the corporate recruiter and had an initial conversation with her about the industry in general. I then came in for a half day shadow to get a good feel for what the day to day looked like. After that, I came back into speak with the CEO/President, Eric French. After much determination and persistence on my part, I was asked to come back in for the last step which was a panel interview with the team. Then I was extended an offer.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in July 2013.

I had 3 different phone interviews before going in for the "shadowing" session. Spoke with the district manager on the phone for an hour. Shadowing the recruiters was a cool experience, got to see their day to day work and how the interact as a team. Met with several of the account managers as well. Pretty comfortable interview process. Also, you must complete a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to list your 3 best attributes and also your 3 biggest weakness is, which is a hard question to answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in June 2013.

Quite the interview process. I first recieved a phone call from Ashley to go over the job discription to make sure I was interested. She told me the good, bad, ugly, pro's, cons, etc. From there I wanted to move forward to an in person interview- the honesty of the staffing industry that she gave me intrigued me to learn a little more about IDR. I met with two account managers who told me a little more in detail about the job. the interview lasted about 2 and a half hours and I also did a shadowing over the recruiters to see exactly what I would be doing day to day. It was a very informative interview. My next interview was a pannel interview. I met with everyone in the company for an hour going back to back with questions. Afterwards they invited me to their boot camp they do as a team once a week. Instantly I felt welcomed by the team and they were already cheering me on towards success. I had one more phone interview and had a few essay questions I had to answer. It was a very informative and long process, which was another turn on to me because I wasn't even a part of the company yet and they were already investing so much time in me.

Interview Questions
    • The IT staffing industry can be tough at times. You are constantly facing rejection. one of the questions asked "Tell me a time you were faced with rejection and how did you deal with it."   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

Go for the interview! The interview process with IDR is in-depth because of what the job entails. Recruiting is a fast-paced industry and it allows individuals to stand out and go beyond their expected potential. IDR makes sure that they stand out from other IT firms. Because of this, they want to make sure that they bring in team members that are driven, energetic, fun, and dedicated. The work environment is made up of a lot of team work. It is important to understand the values that make up IDR because it is what the company stands for. The interview process includes a shadow session which is neat because you get to see first-hand a typical workday. Current recruiters are excited you are there and will answer any questions that you may have. You go through an extensive interview process because IDR is also a very close group of people and they want to make sure that not only you are a fit, but also that the company is a fit for you. You learn a lot and you grow professionally in the process, no doubt!

Interview Questions
    • Top 3 weaknesses and why IDR among other firms in the area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

The hiring and interview process consists of multiple steps. You have an interview with the Corporate Recruiter so she can get a feel of who you are and your experience. Then if she thinks you're a good fit, you meet with someone, like an Account Manager, at the office so she can interview you as well and she will have you do some screens to see how you are on the phone. Make it past that step and you have a panel interview with multiple people from the office.

Interview Questions
    • 3 weaknesses (make them more about what you need to improve on and how you are working on improving that). In the panel interview they really push you with the questions to see if you are actually fully committed to the job and if you are a good fit for this stressful position.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I was right out of college and didn't have anything to negotiate with.

Worked for Internal Data Resources? Contribute to the Community!