Internal Data Resources

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by IDR on LinkedIn initially by a friendly recruiter. I am happy in the job I am in, but I wanted to see what was out there so I pursued the position. I didn't catch a few red flags. The recruiter said she was coming on campus in a week or so to interview students, and when I checked with the campus career services, they had no clue. She was saying I would interview on campus, but then when I asked when she said she wasn't coming anymore. A few days later the owner of the company called me for a 20-30 minute initial phone interview. It seemed promising. I was asked to come interview at the Atlanta office. I went to Atlanta, and looking back I wished I wouldn't have. I walked in the wrong door of the building. The owner of the company immediately pointed that out to me. He took me upstairs and into an interview room. His wife was there too, and he said baby a few too many times. He didn't make much sense to me in the interview, and all he talked about was pressure he puts his employees under to grow the company. He was not selling the position at all. He made it clear he was hard to work with. He said he had fired a manager because he had awful character, but went on to say the character of that man was just like his. It was all very weird. He said he didn't think I could handle the pressure of the job. I have worked multiple jobs at a time while being in school. I can handle some pressure, but he did not ask the right questions to figure that out. He then took me down to watch the other recruiters. They work in a basement, and it looks like they sit on a computer all day. One girl said she works every day 7:30-6:30. The manger down there made me uncomfortable. She asked me why I liked my job, and I said I was very comfortable there. She said, "So you like to be comfortable, huh?" She put it in a very negative way. Who doesn't like to be comfortable? I wanted to get out of there within five seconds of being there, and I know I would not fit here.

Interview Question – How you keep yourself competitive?   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 different phone interviews before going in for the "shadowing" session. Spoke with the district manager on the phone for an hour. Shadowing the recruiters was a cool experience, got to see their day to day work and how the interact as a team. Met with several of the account managers as well. Pretty comfortable interview process. Also, you must complete a personality test.

Interview Question – They ask you to list your 3 best attributes and also your 3 biggest weakness is, which is a hard question to answer on the spot.   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was treated very well during the interview process. It started off with a basic phone call then a face to face interview with a couple members of the team. I then got to do some shadowing, which was unique but beneficial.
The follow-up was the best I have ever expereinced. Expectations were also very clear and met each time. I loved the people, the company and what they had to offer but chose not to move cities and stay home where I am from due to personal reasons, and unfortunately, they do not have an office here.

Interview Question – What would your last boss say about you? What are you not good at? What can you bring to the team? Why IDR?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person shadowing, in person interview with 4 managers. A little intimidating but not bad. Have to complete a personality test.

Interview Question – What sets you apart/why should we hire you over other people?   Answer Question

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources.

Interview Details – Went through a phone interview, 2 in person interviews, and then last step was a final round panel interview (did not attend). Interview questions were pretty typical, had to read some articles about recruiting and then be prepared to discuss them. Also had extensive references request- minimum of 7. Felt some of interviews were redundant being that the same questions were asked even though I could see my answers from previous interviews right in front of the interviewers.

Interview Question – The usual more difficult question- "What are your major weaknesses? What would a former employer say your biggest weakness is?   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in January 2011.

Interview Details – Working out - "It’s so fundamental to the company’s culture that internal job candidates are invited to join the boot camp to bond with the team."

Most likely if you dont do well at boot camp or on fun run you will not be asked back. If you do good on one you will be asked to join the other (has something to do with recruiting but im not sure what)

Come in and shadow

Write an essay

Meet with mgmt about 3 times and then they make their decision

Drug test and background check

Interview Question – Are you an A player? Ready to work hard? (When I say hard I dont mean put in 100% that means giving up your free time and family time to work hard - eventually they say it pays off and you get to play hard)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its recruiting they love to negotiate and get you at bottom dollar. They need employees because the turn over is so high so ask for what you want and they are bound to give it to you, but remember they are firm when they say EVERYONE CAN BE REPLACED (is that what you want to be know for is replaceable)

Very Difficult Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in January 2011.

Interview Details – Extremely extensive interview that included a "boot camp" afterwards with the company. Thought it went so well, I even sent a thank you email and let them know I was interested in taking the next step, which I did. I got no response to my emails and never got a call saying I wasn't right for the position.

Interview Question – What are your strengths   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in November 2011.

Interview Details – quick talking

Interview Question – What is the most important quality to have as a salesperson?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – I first met IDR at a job fair. They had two representatives who were extremely nice and outgoing. I thought that I would get along with them. First, there was a phone interview with the branch coordinator, which was really basic. Next, they had me come in to their branch in Atlanta for the next round of interviews. It was extremely long and lasted almost two hours. You had to talk to all of the employees, which was around 10, and the majority hadn't even reviewed my resume before they entered the room. Overall, I was not thrilled about the position after the whole experience.

Interview Question – They were all basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't seem like a fit for me.

Dallas, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Internal Data Resources in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, called me to their location for an interview. Only 3 people in their New Dallas office. Each one of them interviewed me. Next day came back for a panel interview. All three of them sat around a small table and interviewed me together. Then I came back for shadowing. Then I went to work out with them to their weekly workout session. Next day they called me and asked for references. They never called my references. Next week I sent a follow up email, no response. Week after, I left a voicemail - no response.

Very unprofessional, after interviewing for a week - the applicant should know if they have decided to move on to other applicants instead of just leaving the person hanging. Should at least have the decency to return email/calls instead of making the applicant feel like a stalker.

The branch manager for Dallas was very immature, but that should not be held against IDR. Maybe other branch managers are different.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Internal Data Resources

Worked for Internal Data Resources? Contribute to the Community!