Internap Network Services

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.6

Senior Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Internap Network Services.

Someone from HR reached out after searching for my resume online. I briefly went over my skills with the rep and she scheduled the initial panel interview. After that interview was supposed to be another technical interview with 2 tier III Engineers, but since only 1 showed up on time, it ended up being two one hour interviews. Once that was complete, I was called to have a face to face interview which was another 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How would you configure logging for a remote client? How would you configure 2 ISP's coming into your network to give one ISP preference over the other? Describe the traffic flow between a client accessing a website and a server configured behind a load balancer   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Internap Network Services.

The hiring manager was a friend of a friend. He called me for a phone interview then face to face interview. I came in for a panel interview and security eval.

Hosting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Internap Network Services.

3 rounds of interviews: HR, Manager ( or Peers) and Senior Manager. Pretty straight forward. Peer interviews and be a little tricky.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Internap Network Services.

Started by networking with former co-worker. Referred to an Internap employee who might be able to help me network. The initial discussion really turned out to be an interview which I did not know going into it. This was good as we were having a discussion and I was not in interview mode. So my true nature really came through.

Interview Questions
    • A strategy question for which the interviewers had predefined answer. My answer did not align with theirs. This did not prevent me from getting the position but rather changing the candidate position.   Answer Question
    The salary negotiation was not difficult.

Hosting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Internap Network Services in May 2013.

I was initially reached out to by a recruiter who had found my resume on Career Builder. She had introduced me over the phone to the company, and asked if I was interested in the position. She then set up a phone interview with the person who would later become my boss. He asked several questions about experience, asked technical questions such as advantages of non-multi-threaded processing, and asked questions such as personal interests. I honestly thought I had bombed (he has a great poker face, too). The recruiter called and told me that I was actually well liked (to my relief) and we set up an interview.

The interview was actually 5 interviews. One was with my boss, one with a guy who later became an excellent resource in marketing, and 3 with people who would become my team-mates on this new team.

The first, my future boss walked in with an arm-full of components out of an old workstation or server, and asked me to identify them.

Second was the guy from marketing, whom I discussed (and diagrammed) the finer points of an infrastructure of a personal project of mine, and was actually able to shed light on some smaller bugs I had been experiencing. It was actually a lot of fun.

Third, fourth and fifth were future team mates and were really just to see if the chemistry worked. Then the recruiter checked in to see if everything went well, then I left.

I had to track down the email address of my future boss as it seems a few email addresses don't match the typical nomenclature, but I did and sent a "thank you" email, as is standard.

I received a (positive) response a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • The diagramming was the most unexpected, though breaking it down and discussing the finer points with someone so technical was not only fun, but very enlightening and led to some major shifts in how the application worked to improve performance.   Answer Question
    It was somewhat simple. I accepted lower pay than asking as my interview was originally for a part time position, but full-time with benefits was offered.

Manager of Agile Hosting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Internap Network Services in May 2013.

Initially contacted by Internap recruiter from Atlanta. They set up a phone interview with the supervisor of the Agile Hosting Manager. Interview went well. Follow up interviews were arranged to go onsite to the New York location and interview with the employees that were to report to the Manager of Agile Hosting. Three 1 on 1 interviews with lead Systems Administrator, Lead Network Administrator, and Lead Software Engineer were done. Interviews went well. Several days later, was called back by the Internap HR recruiter in Atlanta to arrange follow-up interviews with Manager in similar positions in other geographic locations. Conducted 3 more phone interviews, two with similar level managers, and one with a company Vice-President. Those all went well. Finally, a second phone interview was setup with the original supervisor of the position. That seemed to go well. 8 total interviews on 4 different days with 7 different people over a period of 14 days. The supervisor seemed very upbeat and was going to get back in touch the following week. 13 days later I received the email that they had selected another candidate. Total process time was about 27 days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle hundreds of angry irrate customers calling about an ongoing issue?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Internap Network Services.

. The process is drawn out, have patients. Many of the folks I interviewed with seem not to have the time to conduct a proper interview. Also after a series of face to face and phone interviews company did not even respond to let me know if I did or did not get the interview. Understandable they are more concerned with can I be your friend vs. can you do the work. As the interview process dragged on, I became more amazed about the interview process.

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Internap Network Services in June 2012.

Good.

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Internap Network Services in June 2011.

My interview actually consisted of four half-hour interviews with various Internap staff members including the recruiter, an HR manager, the marketing manager to whom the potential candidate would report, and the lead generation director. There weren't any surprising or unusual questions since this was an entry-level position. I appreciated the openness of the employees about work-life balance, work culture, and where they felt the company was heading.

From what I learned the marketing department has grown exponentially in the last year; from that there are many opportunities for growth but that also seems to mean they are looking for a candidate unafraid of working longs hours to achieve their goals.

This is definitely a results-oriented environment so I highly recommend presenting your achievements through specific examples and data. Do not be afraid to show off your skills, but remember they want to see evidence to back up your achievements.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any questions that were exceptionally difficult to answer or were unusual.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Internap Network Services in April 2011.

It was a good process with good people as I came with recommendations from known associates in the business. Interviewed by phone for positions in Costa Mesa and Bay Area in California.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. It was all smooth until an offer came, which is where things fell apart and their otherwise high degree of professionalism ended.   Answer Question

Declined because they offered the same amount I was already making, yet I was looking at housing that would be $1000 MORE per month for living BELOW my current and already understated living arrangements.

What shocked me is that despite knowing what I was making and being fully cognizant of the cost of living, the gentleman making an offer tried to tell me he was making a great offer. Further, I was sent an email for the offer, which would also entail me moving my family across country, all on my own costs, and expected me to be working in LESS than two weeks.

I can fairly suspect that this is among the reasons why the position had not been filled in over six months.