International Academy of Design & Technology

2.1

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Long process. Have to beg financial aid for weeks and then wait for corporate to approve candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question
    None Negotiable!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

You have to present a lesson as if you were teaching before a panel of full-time employees.

Interview Questions
    • Having to play teacher wasn't hard but kinda nerve wrecking   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They have a set price that all adjuncts get.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Very basic questions. They want to see that you can speak on you feet and are committed to a sales atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Can you make more than 100 phone calls in a day?   View Answer
    They gave me a salary and wouldn't negotiate. It was higher than the job listing had posted however.

Client & Student Support Advisor Everblue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

I had 3 interviews and was told over and over they were interested and would get back to me. The recruiter was calling and emailing and then silence.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology in May 2012.

They bring you into a conference room with about 12-15 other applicants. Everyone has to stand up and say why they're the best for the job. The people with the best sales pitch go onto have second interviews with some of the managers.

Interview Questions
    They offered $32,000 but I advised I was at $35,000 at my current job. They essentially used a bullying technique by agreeing to my demands but by saying that with this "price tag" a lot would be expected and that out of the gate I'd have high expectations.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology in October 2008.

The interview focuses on how hard you can work at a repetitive task such as calling students and sales skills. They ask how hard you can work and how dedicated you are to the company that hires you. I had to promise the hiring manager that I would stay with the company for at least one year. Other than that the interview questions were 100% generic. Confidence and personality are what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a client's objection?   View Answer
    They told me how much I would get paid and what benefits were available, there was no negotiation. Pay was discussed only after I was hired.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Group interview

Interview Questions
    I've bee here for so long I don't remember

Full Time Faculty/Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

I was asked situational questions which made sense but also didn't as they would need to provide training on most of these topics. I was interviewed by 5 people at once, some friendly and some cold. Questions from the coldest one interviewing clearly didn't want me for this role and started asking questions that were childish and unnecessary such as "coffee or tea?", "cat or dog", etc. Interviews today on the campus level are very behavioral and less to do with experience or education than before.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if a student came and said they wanted to drop out due to a financial or medical situation but you knew it was best for them to stay in school?   Answer Question
    I don't believe in accepting first offers ever. They certainly low-ball everyone the first round or two, if you persist you will often come out on top. Fight for extras like vacation time, benefits, title, salary etc.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Submitted resume, interviewed, conducted a teaching demonstration, panel interview, got hired

Interview Questions
    • It was a standard teaching interview - the demo is the hardest part   Answer Question
    easy - just started