International Academy of Design & Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – Long process. Have to beg financial aid for weeks and then wait for corporate to approve candidate.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None Negotiable!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

Interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology

Interview Details – You have to present a lesson as if you were teaching before a panel of full-time employees.

Interview Question – Having to play teacher wasn't hard but kinda nerve wrecking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They have a set price that all adjuncts get.

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Tukwila, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – Very basic questions. They want to see that you can speak on you feet and are committed to a sales atmosphere.

Interview Question – Can you make more than 100 phone calls in a day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me a salary and wouldn't negotiate. It was higher than the job listing had posted however.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Online Admissions Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – They bring you into a conference room with about 12-15 other applicants. Everyone has to stand up and say why they're the best for the job. The people with the best sales pitch go onto have second interviews with some of the managers.

Interview Question – How do you like to be managed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered $32,000 but I advised I was at $35,000 at my current job. They essentially used a bullying technique by agreeing to my demands but by saying that with this "price tag" a lot would be expected and that out of the gate I'd have high expectations.

Client & Student Support Advisor Everblue Interview

Client & Student Support Advisor Everblue
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews and was told over and over they were interested and would get back to me. The recruiter was calling and emailing and then silence.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Admissions Representative
Tukwila, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview focuses on how hard you can work at a repetitive task such as calling students and sales skills. They ask how hard you can work and how dedicated you are to the company that hires you. I had to promise the hiring manager that I would stay with the company for at least one year. Other than that the interview questions were 100% generic. Confidence and personality are what they are looking for.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a client's objection?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me how much I would get paid and what benefits were available, there was no negotiation. Pay was discussed only after I was hired.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Online Admissions Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Typical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I've bee here for so long I don't remember

Full Time Faculty/Advisor Interview

Full Time Faculty/Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – I was asked situational questions which made sense but also didn't as they would need to provide training on most of these topics. I was interviewed by 5 people at once, some friendly and some cold. Questions from the coldest one interviewing clearly didn't want me for this role and started asking questions that were childish and unnecessary such as "coffee or tea?", "cat or dog", etc. Interviews today on the campus level are very behavioral and less to do with experience or education than before.

Interview Question – How would you handle it if a student came and said they wanted to drop out due to a financial or medical situation but you knew it was best for them to stay in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't believe in accepting first offers ever. They certainly low-ball everyone the first round or two, if you persist you will often come out on top. Fight for extras like vacation time, benefits, title, salary etc.

Instructor Interview

Instructor

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, interviewed, conducted a teaching demonstration, panel interview, got hired

Interview Question – It was a standard teaching interview - the demo is the hardest part   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy - just started

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for International Academy of Design & Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Academy of Design & Technology interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by International Academy of Design & Technology employees and interview candidates.