International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

www.ibew.org

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Interview Questions

3.8

Inside Journeyperson Wireman Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.

To be hired in have to pay a $40 application fee... they take applications every 2nd Monday of the month... once/if you get accepted you interview in front of 6 different people all at the same time... seems to be 3 persons representing the employee and 3 representing the contractors side of interest...

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember... it was the fact that I was in front of 6 interviews at 1 time   Answer Question
    I don't remember

Good Money, Good Hours Mostly, Cheesy Culture, Lots of American Flag and Eagle Tattoos Haha Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers in September 2010.

I applied in person with an application. I was called a week or so later and asked to come in and take an aptitude test. I also sat down with the director and discussed my interest in this type of work. There was room in teh apprenticeship program and I did well on my aptitude test so I got into the program.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude test (physical). They interview was more of an application and test process. Everyone takes the same aptitude test and if there are spots available in the apprenticeship, and you do well on teh aptitude test, you are in. Other that that, there was not much to it.   View Answer
    There is not a negotiation phase. You start at a base pay and your pay increases as you reach a certain number of hours in increments. Once you reach 8000 hours you can take your journeyman electrician test which is a state certification. The only way you make more is to work overtime which is good as you get time and a half before 7 and after 3:30 as well as double time on Sundays. There is potential to make good money if you work a lot of hours.

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmira, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmira, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers in February 2008.

Very hard process. Test interviews. Its a Big waiting game. School helps and Having experience in the electrical field helps.

Apprentice Electrician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers in June 2011.

Group interview with the apprenticeship commite.