International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs

icap.columbia.edu

International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 24, 2014

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Operations/Accounting Internship Interview

Financial Operations/Accounting Internship
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through their college recruiting program online. Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Interview took about 30 minutes, mostly behavioral (walk me through your resume, weaknesses, etc) with some quantitative questions on the markets and ICAP. Invited for Assessment Center interview in office in Jersey City. Took a quantitative math exam and a short exam on converting between currencies and calculating market cap/share price. Next, did a case study with other applicants on whether or not to buy a fictional company based on their financial statements and short description. Final round was a panel interview with 4 relevant employees, entirely behavioral/standard interview questions.

Interview Question – What's the price of gold?
Price of ICAP stock today? In what units?
Who are our competitors?
  Answer Question

Post Trade Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Post Trade Risk Management Summer Intern
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs.

Interview Details – The hiring process is composed of one phone interview. Some of the questions asked were about company's stock price on that day, greatest weaknesses, three greatest strengths, when has networking payed off and three reasons why ICAP would be a good place for a summer internship. Then some people are called for the second round at ICAP's office in Jersey City. There a group of 10 people is first given a test in a form of couple of market updates (videos with news, index prices and FX). Every news update is followed by three questions about a specific topic that was covered (percentage increases and converting currencies). It is 60 seconds per question while main indices and FX rates are presented on the screen.
This test is followed by another test that is made of 40 questions in 40 minutes. All of the questions are calculating percentage changes, or calculating whole parts based on data of percentages, and converting currencies. Questions in both tests are not difficult, but the time is a constraint (some questions demand more time than others).

Second part of the second round is an analysis of a company that is followed by a presentation in front of ICAP employees and recruiters. Groups of 3-4 are formed and then given a case of a brokerage company. A group is then supposed to analyze the financials and give its opinion on whether that company would be a good fit for ICAP. After the 3-5 minute presentation, ICAP employees ask questions about financial measures used, feasibility and valuation (estimated stock price).

Less than half of the group is then sent home, depending on the test results and the presentation, and the rest is left to wait for the panel interview (same employees that listened to the presentation), final stage of the hiring process. Questions asked during the panel interview are mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Analyze a company and give your opinion, based on financial information provided, whether ICAP should acquire it or not.   Answer Question

Post Trade Risk Management Interview

Post Trade Risk Management
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university career center, got scheduled a phone interview a week later. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, asked 1. why ICAP? 2. Why this position? 3. A example that networking benefits you. 4. use three words to describe yourself. 5. Previous internship questions. Informed to attend the assessment centre a week later. The assessment centre took about 3+ hours. It began with a ice-breaking session. We were asked to find similarities among interviewees. Then there were two tests for reasoning and quantitative skills. Next we had a tour of the trading floor. Following was a case study about whether ICAP should acquire another brokerage firm. Last session was a 2-1 interview.

Interview Question – Most difficult part was the case study. There was only 10 or 15 minutes to prepare and discuss about it.   Answer Question

Global Broking Interview

Global Broking

Interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs

Interview Details – Why ICAP?
Name our competitors

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview. Was asked most likely behavioral questions. not much technical questions.

Interview Question – Most of questions were fair   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted by an HR person. Very scripted, asked most common behavioral questions. No real technical questions. Interviewer did not seem very interested from the start, and could not describe the position well. Two sides to the business, brokerage and post-trade risk. Would discourage working here especially on the brokerage side.

Interview Question – Not very difficult. Asked what I know about post-trade risk management.   Answer Question

Industry Insight Interview

Industry Insight
New York, NY

Interview Details – Contacted through company website and first had telephone interview, then called into new york office for interview and test.

Interview Question – General behavioral questions   Answer Question

ICAP Industry Insights Program Interview

ICAP Industry Insights Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs.

Interview Details – First round interviews consisted of a thirty minute interview. Was mostly behavioral. Questions about company's business, why ICAP, what does ICAP do were asked. There were a few technical interview questions such as "what is 1/9". They have second round interviews at their assessment center, which is consisted of testing on more technical problems, I assume. Finally, there is a third round interview to top it off. A bit intense in my opinion for a week long program for sophomores and freshman.

Interview Question – Technical math problems. Came really unexpected in the middle of the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I made it to second round interviews, but a three round interview process for a week long program seemed too intensive to go through.

2014 Electronic Markets Leadership Program Interview

2014 Electronic Markets Leadership Program
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my University's career website & was contacted a few weeks later for a 30 minute phone interview. Asked about my background, 52 week high of stock, major competitors of ICAP, what happens to the interest rate when a bond price is rising, dealing with difficult people.

Interview Question – Most difficult thing I've had to sell.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer for second round Assessment Test - have not gone for the AC yet.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I interviewed at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university and was selected for a phone interview. Phone interview questions were all pretty standard behavioral questions. The interview at their office was divided into a testing phase, a group project, and a panel interview. Overall nothing was exceptionally difficult, but I will say that the people I talked to there all seemed rather cold. One yelled at me for writing my name on my scan tron form before the test, and no one had the slightest interest in talking during our break time. I might have just been their on a bad day, but I am not sure this is a company I would want to work for.

Interview Question – Group part was tough, we had to pitch a company as an investment.   Answer Question

Worked for International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs? Contribute to the Community!