International Council of Shopping Centers

International Council of Shopping Centers Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Council of Shopping Centers

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers.

I interviewed with three different people and each had a different vision for the role. I was surprised to see such lack of alignment. An SVP was completely unprofessional and diminishing during the interview. Another person kept talking about himself which was odd. Company seems to have some big egos.

Read company reviews and talk to colleagues in the industry who ensured me the company was stuck in the 70's.

Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers in January 2012.

I spoke with the recruiter 3 times via phone and e-mail, sending him my resume and tweaking things here and there. I also met with him once in his office and filled out his employment application. He then made an appointment for me with the business. I went on the interview and knew right away that it was not going to end positively for me.

The company was located in the Time-Life Building, and had a diverse staff. The HR representative (an older woman) responded positively to me with a warm smile but had smirk on her face immediately and basically told me I didn't fit at this company. Her exact words were "I don't want a round peg working a square hole" - "I want my employees happy" - I was wondering why the entire time, as I tried to prove myself with each answer, citing examples of my past performances and work ethic.

I left the interview upset and agitated, wondering what I had done wrong, - was it my shoes? My hair? I immediately called the recruiter. He was flabbergasted and told me he would get to the bottom of it. He called me back 2 days later to let me know I just didn't have the 20 years of experience they were looking for.

Worked for International Council of Shopping Centers? Contribute to the Community!