International Council of Shopping Centers

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Council of Shopping Centers

Meetings Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview then and in person interview. Walked in had to fill out an application. Met with HR and Manager. HR was lovely, the manager didn't really ask me any questions which was strange and made it difficult to make an impression, she mainly wanted to know if I had any questions for her so it was hard to tell what her role in the process or management of the position would be.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was fun, one of the questions I was asked is that if I was a football player, what position would I play and why?   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers.

Interview

I met with the head of HR, my direct supervisor, and his direct supervisor, on two separate occasions. The interviews were pretty short, and fairly reasonable - especially with my direct supervisor - he made an attempt to really get to know me, and thus made the process far more enjoyable than it might have been otherwise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My staffing agency negotiated for me, and I received a higher salary than she thought I would be able to get.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Initiated by immediate boss, went to NY HQ as a formality and had two interviews. At this stage it was understood that the position was mine. Interviewers seemed preoccupied and unprepared.

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with three different people and each had a different vision for the role. I was surprised to see such lack of alignment. An SVP was completely unprofessional and diminishing during the interview. Another person kept talking about himself which was odd. Company seems to have some big egos.

Read company reviews and talk to colleagues in the industry who ensured me the company was stuck in the 70's.

Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter 3 times via phone and e-mail, sending him my resume and tweaking things here and there. I also met with him once in his office and filled out his employment application. He then made an appointment for me with the business. I went on the interview and knew right away that it was not going to end positively for me. The company was located in the Time-Life Building, and had a diverse staff. The HR representative (an older woman) responded positively to me with a warm smile but had smirk on her face immediately and basically told me I didn't fit at this company. Her exact words were "I don't want a round peg working a square hole" - "I want my employees happy" - I was wondering why the entire time, as I tried to prove myself with each answer, citing examples of my past performances and work ethic. I left the interview upset and agitated, wondering what I had done wrong, - was it my shoes? My hair? I immediately called the recruiter. He was flabbergasted and told me he would get to the bottom of it. He called me back 2 days later to let me know I just didn't have the 20 years of experience they were looking for.