International Creative Management

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at International Creative Management.

ICM has an ok hiring process but was not great at following up to be completely honest. Agent desk positions change a lot because turnover is high so you have to fight to get interviews if in the mailroom, as they often hire outside of the company.

No negotiation

Assistant Interview

Received an interview due to an employee referral. Pretty straight forward interview with a lady from HR. Started by asking me about myself such as where I grew up and went to school etc. Then questions such as which department I saw myself working in and why. Whats my favorite movie or TV show, questions of that sort.

Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Creative Management in September 2014.

Received call from HR the day after an employee submitted my resume and they wanted to set up an interview for as soon as possible. I went in, met with two HR representatives, and was told I would hear back from them by the end of the week. I never heard back, but can't say I was disappointed after the vibes I got from both of the HR people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard (why do you want to be an agent, what would make you a good agent, what trades do you read, etc.). However, the interview was so short that I didn't have the opportunity to really sell myself.   Answer Question

Music Agent Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at International Creative Management.

I applied online and was called to set up an interview for the following week. However, once they found out I did not already live in Los Angeles (which was clear on my resume) a middle man offered to set up a phone interview first. I never heard from them again.

If someone is applying for a job in a city where they do not currently live, clearly, they are willing to move there at their own expense. ICM, do not limit yourself to local candidates.

Assistant Interview

The interview process starts by either having a referral or simply going to the company website and applying online. Many assistants start at the company as an intern. From there, you will meet with the Human Resource recruiter and come in for an interview. After that, they figure out availability and if they should have you start in the mailroom or on a desk that is open. That is about the process

Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Creative Management in February 2013.

Someone from within the company forwarded my resume to HR and I received a phone call to schedule an interview. The HR lady expressed interest over the phone, but it was just a courtesy interview. No response to follow-up e-mails.

Interview Questions
    • What does an agent do? Why do you want to be an agent? Etc.. perfunctory questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at International Creative Management in July 2012.

Once I received the initial contact from HR, the interview was a few days later. Met with HR individually first then met with two Agents later. HR was great but the two agents didn't have a clue how to interview so just went about trying to intimidate you. Politeness equated to weakness to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at International Creative Management in January 2012.

Sent them my resume 6 months earlier. They contacted me for an open position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Creative Management in June 2010.

Basic interview. tell me about yourself, where are you from, what school did you go to, how did we get your resume. etc. Why do you want to work in the entertainment industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Creative Management in June 2010.

I got this interview through personal connections. I had one interview. The people were icy and self-important, self-inflated. Not without reason though, this is a storied talent agency. The building/ office was beautiful and the people seemed very happy to be there. I would have been happy to work for them. Something difficult about this agency is that you can't look up their client list, you just have to know. So, its worth it to poke around for a while and see what you can find so you can talk about specific things.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I got was: what makes you think you're good enough to work here?   View Answer