International Crisis Group Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Crisis Group

Special Assistant Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Crisis Group (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview with me, which lasted about half an hour. They asked me to describe my interest in international relations and how closely I followed the UN. Then they explained the position to me.

Research Assistant () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Crisis Group (Nairobi (Kenya)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was via Skype and took about 30 mins. The project director asked me questions about my studies, previous work experience related to conflict research and analysis, and the specific region I would be working on (in Africa).

Interview Questions

• Can you please elaborate on your previous experience at .... (a research position)   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at International Crisis Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2012.

Interview

Job interviews tend to be perfunctory and are often done just to pretend there is an open process when in fact most hires are friends of the senior management staff -- hence the fact that the organisation is very top heavy with former UN people. Usually interviewed by the underwhelming HR director followed by a panel interview. Only rarely does the CEO involve herself in hiring.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mostly have to come up with ideas for subjects for Crisis Group to research and explain how you would go about it. Very little interest in management style, experience or ability.   Answer Question

Poor salary and benefits and the organisation is in decline.

Internship - Europe Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Crisis Group (Istanbul (Turkey)) in October 2011.

Interview

Online applicarion Mail with a proposed date for the telephone interview/skype They rang the phone but preferred to switch to skype because of the cost