Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at International Crisis Group
- Regional Director (1)
- Research Assistant () (1)
- Internship - Europe Program (1)
- Special Assistant Intern (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at International Crisis Group (New York, NY) in February 2012.
They scheduled a phone interview with me, which lasted about half an hour. They asked me to describe my interest in international relations and how closely I followed the UN. Then they explained the position to me.
- How closely do you follow the UN? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at International Crisis Group (Nairobi (Kenya)) in November 2014.
The interview was via Skype and took about 30 mins. The project director asked me questions about my studies, previous work experience related to conflict research and analysis, and the specific region I would be working on (in Africa).
- Can you please elaborate on your previous experience at .... (a research position) Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at International Crisis Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2012.
Job interviews tend to be perfunctory and are often done just to pretend there is an open process when in fact most hires are friends of the senior management staff -- hence the fact that the organisation is very top heavy with former UN people. Usually interviewed by the underwhelming HR director followed by a panel interview. Only rarely does the CEO involve herself in hiring.
- No difficult questions. Mostly have to come up with ideas for subjects for Crisis Group to research and explain how you would go about it. Very little interest in management style, experience or ability. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Poor salary and benefits and the organisation is in decline.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at International Crisis Group (Istanbul (Turkey)) in October 2011.
Online applicarion Mail with a proposed date for the telephone interview/skype They rang the phone but preferred to switch to skype because of the cost
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review