International Flavors

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Flavors.

Interview Details – Found the posting through Indeed.com and reached out to the position supervisor a few days later on LinkedIn. They contacted me back about a month later to set up a brief phone interview and then brought me in to the office to meet with supervisor and HR manager. A week goes by without hearing anything and then the emailed me to schedule another office visit -- to interview with 3 more people and then two more phone interviews with people overseas that week. The interviews last about 30-45 minutes each and were mostly behavior questions with a few specific experience questions related to the position. After the phone interviews, it was about a week and a half for them to let me know their decision.

Interview Question – What are two strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Flavors.

Interview Details – Answer an ad, look at their website. They call. Bring in a brief list of past jobs. They test urine, you also briefly talk to the department manager.

Interview Question – When can you start!   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at International Flavors.

Interview Details – Basic, interviewed with HR and supervisor

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at IFF?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better pay elsewhere

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at International Flavors in March 2013.

Interview Details – Short and Behavioral

Interview Question – What your friends think of you ?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Process Engineering Intern
Dayton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Flavors in March 2012.

Interview Details – All very straightforward. Met them at my school's career fair where they were recruiting chemical engineers. Got offered an interview on the spot for the next day. Two people interviewed me, one from HR and one process engineer. Pretty quick response- I believe within two weeks. Had to take a drug test and go to a temp agency to fill out paperwork, which was a little inconvenient.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, I can't recall. Nothing stands out a year later- I don't believe there was anything particularly tricky. Just your standard "tell me a time when" questions: have situations prepared.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was initially told there was no housing stipend, but due to my relocation they threw in a nice package. The position is usually a 6-month co-op, but they graciously shortened it to a 11-week internship to fit my school schedule. Very reasonable.

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisor/Manager Interview

Supervisor/Manager
Union Beach, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at International Flavors in February 2012.

Interview Details – As per their HR director, the job was not correctly described, or titled----however, that's how they do things there it was stated, and restated. Additionally, 1/3 of the "team" did not show up and had several weeks notice (their schedule). I was informed that, likely I would hear some very conflicting elements regarding the job (and I did)----however again, that how it is there as explained----essentially what I'd term internally combative, self conflicted with no organized business process that was effectively enforceable. I was OK with that, but how would someone (competent/not status quo) ever then be hired? One interviewer kept two blackberries going the entire time, lamenting where they used to live and work, at one point stating, "you've got 1/2 hr. sell yourself to me"----to what, regarding what? At one point that interviewer left and kept the blackberries going until I looked for them in the hall---for what I'm still not sure, it was not an interview and they clearly did not want to be there engaging that task with me----but the HR director did say, that's how it was there. I could go on----but that should do it. ----However, I should comment that I understand each Division and physical plant/office site is very different, so don't lose hope if interviewing on the other side of Rt 35, or other location.

Interview Question – How would I do this job (that was not described correctly, and kept changing within the interview itself)?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Hazlet, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Flavors in April 2011.

Interview Details – The firing process through another employer was a little confusing at first.

Interview Question – Why supply chain?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Duration of the internship

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Union Beach, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at International Flavors in September 2009.

Interview Details – Internal job opportunity. First contacted the hiring manager to get more details about the position. Followed up with a 1:1 interview which lasted 2 hours

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current positon?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commuting time was more than 2 hours (Car, bus, train)

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at International Flavors.

Interview Details – There was first a phone interview with someone from human resources. This was just to talk about the position and see if I was really interested in it. Since I was interested, we scheduled a phone interview with the manager. This phone interview was not too long. We basically discussed why I was interested in the position and how I was qualified. I then went in to the office to meet with the manager and discuss the projects that I would be dealing with in more detail. I was told that I got the job then.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist - GCMS Interview

Analytical Chemist - GCMS
Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Flavors in June 2010.

Interview Details – Staffing Consultant was called me and discussed about the job, then connected to HR Person and she agreed a date for 1:1 interview after some of the discussion related to my education and career. I attended an 1:1 interview with Head, QA/QC -India for about 45 min and met a Regional director for formal visit and meet. after a week i had a call to have written test on my skill & profession

Then salary discussion for a week and they have cried for 20% hike, finally they gave it. i joined and i am in IFF India now

Interview Questions

• How will you develop a method by Chromatography for a high matrix ed samples?   View Answers (2)
  • what are the types of methods of analysis for quantification of marker in a high matrix ed samples?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – benefits, position and not salary

Worked for International Flavors? Contribute to the Community!