International Flavors & Fragrances

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.2

Beverage Applications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Sent Cv, a week or so later got invited to Skype interview with hiring manager and technical director. 2 weeks later had an interview. Took less then an hour - wasn't too hard - mostly went through my CV

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Found the posting through Indeed.com and reached out to the position supervisor a few days later on LinkedIn. They contacted me back about a month later to set up a brief phone interview and then brought me in to the office to meet with supervisor and HR manager. A week goes by without hearing anything and then the emailed me to schedule another office visit -- to interview with 3 more people and then two more phone interviews with people overseas that week. The interviews last about 30-45 minutes each and were mostly behavior questions with a few specific experience questions related to the position. After the phone interviews, it was about a week and a half for them to let me know their decision.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Answer an ad, look at their website. They call. Bring in a brief list of past jobs. They test urine, you also briefly talk to the department manager.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Basic, interviewed with HR and supervisor

Interview Questions

Found a better pay elsewhere

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in March 2013.

Short and Behavioral

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in March 2012.

All very straightforward. Met them at my school's career fair where they were recruiting chemical engineers. Got offered an interview on the spot for the next day. Two people interviewed me, one from HR and one process engineer. Pretty quick response- I believe within two weeks. Had to take a drug test and go to a temp agency to fill out paperwork, which was a little inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I can't recall. Nothing stands out a year later- I don't believe there was anything particularly tricky. Just your standard "tell me a time when" questions: have situations prepared.   View Answer
    Was initially told there was no housing stipend, but due to my relocation they threw in a nice package. The position is usually a 6-month co-op, but they graciously shortened it to a 11-week internship to fit my school schedule. Very reasonable.

Supervisor/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Beach, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in February 2012.

As per their HR director, the job was not correctly described, or titled----however, that's how they do things there it was stated, and restated. Additionally, 1/3 of the "team" did not show up and had several weeks notice (their schedule). I was informed that, likely I would hear some very conflicting elements regarding the job (and I did)----however again, that how it is there as explained----essentially what I'd term internally combative, self conflicted with no organized business process that was effectively enforceable. I was OK with that, but how would someone (competent/not status quo) ever then be hired? One interviewer kept two blackberries going the entire time, lamenting where they used to live and work, at one point stating, "you've got 1/2 hr. sell yourself to me"----to what, regarding what? At one point that interviewer left and kept the blackberries going until I looked for them in the hall---for what I'm still not sure, it was not an interview and they clearly did not want to be there engaging that task with me----but the HR director did say, that's how it was there. I could go on----but that should do it. ----However, I should comment that I understand each Division and physical plant/office site is very different, so don't lose hope if interviewing on the other side of Rt 35, or other location.

Interview Questions
    • How would I do this job (that was not described correctly, and kept changing within the interview itself)?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in April 2011.

The firing process through another employer was a little confusing at first.

Duration of the internship

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Beach, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in September 2009.

Internal job opportunity. First contacted the hiring manager to get more details about the position. Followed up with a 1:1 interview which lasted 2 hours

Interview Questions

Commuting time was more than 2 hours (Car, bus, train)

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

There was first a phone interview with someone from human resources. This was just to talk about the position and see if I was really interested in it. Since I was interested, we scheduled a phone interview with the manager. This phone interview was not too long. We basically discussed why I was interested in the position and how I was qualified. I then went in to the office to meet with the manager and discuss the projects that I would be dealing with in more detail. I was told that I got the job then.