International Fund Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.9

Operations Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiting coordinator to come in for an interview. Got there and met with three people from the group it was a very straight forward interview and was very easy going. I had some ABS and MBS knowledge already so it helped and I learned about a day in thos position. The recruiter came in after 45 mins and asked about how I felt about the position and if I had any offers. About two weeks later I got a call and an offer.

NAV Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Got the interview through an employee referral for a position I wasn't to clear on. Had one interview and then was unexpectedly told to go to another location about a block away, where it didn't appear if they were even expecting me. The women I then interview with there was pretty nasty, and asked some hard questions.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

written exam and 3 rounds of interviews from future peers, direct managers and a group director

Spoke to each of them for about 20 to 30 minutes.

after the final interview with a director, I was asked if I had any questions.

After that I was told that I would expect to receive an answer within a week.

Interview Questions

• what's you goal? what are your assets/weaknesses   1 Answer

accepted better.

Operations Specialist Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday. She went through my resume top to bottom and asked me why I was applying for this position and basic behavioral questions. We then set up to meet for a face-to-face on the following Monday. Showed up to their NY office and low and behold, the entire office was full of college aged looking kids wearing jeans and polo shirts. Felt awkward because I was in a full suit. She sits me down, asks me more behavioral questions like ...how I would handle a difficult situation, what my favorite class was in college, etc. Then, I was told to sit in a room and have 1 on 1 interviews with the team members I would be working with. Met with 3 different guys, mostly social/behavioral stuff with very few technical questions. They were friendly. It's been a week and I haven't heard back after sending a thank you email to the hiring manager and the squad leader.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a hedge fund works and what you know about derivatives.   Answer Question

Serior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First I had to provide a code sample. They sent me an assignment and asked me to program the solution and send them the code.

They asked for this prior to providing a job description or salary range.

I spent several hours on the sample.

After they reviewed the code sample, which they said they liked, they scheduled a telephone tech interview. This was conducted with 2 of their programmers. It seemed to go well and I was asked in for an interview.

I met with the manager who told me immediately that they were also interviewing other candidates. I then met with 3 programmers simultaneously for a time boxed presentation. After that we walked through more code exercises. This all seemed to go smoothly.

I met with the manager again who answered my questions about the company. Again he mentioned there were other people in the pipeline but they would make a decision soon.

Two days later I was informed they went with another candidate. There was no feedback other than they were impressed with my technical skills.

After everything they put me through, they could have at least explained their decision. I could hake taken away something after all the effort they required.

I guess if they don't have to offer anything, they don;t.

Interview Questions

• Provide a code sample. In this case they wanted you to simulate an on line auction.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to complete incomplete code samples in front of 3 developers.   1 Answer

Associate II - NAV Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied on their website. They contacted me and had come in to interview with 4 managers. I was offered the job on the train ride home. They are straightforward and do not waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Discussing different products, corporate actions, fee calcs, and investor allocations   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. It was take it or leave it, which was extremely disappointing because they brought me in to interview for a NAV I associate, but then offered me the NAV II associate position for the same pay. I felt like it was a bait and switch from the beginning. I took the job though because I though it would be a good learning experience.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Fund Services (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The culture is very laidback, hands-on, casual dress every day, they seem like people who will teach you everything and not hold back. The interview process was horrible, however, because all they emphasized was how casual they are and that was it. It was an all-day interview in which one more two people came into the office to interview me. I felt their approach was to see if I had the right hi-five personality and I thought they were overly pushy with that. It made me feel like saying "um...I've only met you for 2 mintues, please back up a little bit." All in all, they appeared to be a nice group of people, but the interview process was more like trying to find the right person for their "high school clique." I ended the interview 2 hours early, because I decided it wasn't for me.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Fund Services in May 2014.

Interview

Initial Communication - Dealt with head of Talent Acquisition, very polite. Spoke briefly over the phone to set up an interview time. Overall smooth and organized process

Interview - Conducted two interviews. The first was with a talent recruitment staff. Very basic interview. Asked very general personality questions (Tell me about yourself, aspirations, why work here? etc.)

2nd interview - Took place on the same day. Was interviewed by two division managers. Again, questions were fairly straightforward. All were basic, anticipated behavioural (Strengths, weaknesses, leadership, failures, challenges, aspirations etc)

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Interview staff was very stern and straightforward but nice nonetheless.   1 Answer

Negotiation

In no position to negotiate, I was a summer student.

Associate I Interview

Interview

a quick test; very basic accounting. Easy

Operations Intern Interview

Interview

Had one basic phone interview with the recruiter to get basic background informaiton and running through resume. Then had 2 interviews at the office, one with the manager and the other with one of the people I was going to work for. Very relaxed, just had a conversation. Asked about basic knowledge or product types and also my interests. They were looking for someone they could enjoy working with as most of the stuff could be easily learned