International Fund Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

NAV Associate I Interview

NAV Associate I
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Fund Services.

Interview Details – Got the interview through an employee referral for a position I wasn't to clear on. Had one interview and then was unexpectedly told to go to another location about a block away, where it didn't appear if they were even expecting me. The women I then interview with there was pretty nasty, and asked some hard questions.

Interview Question – Specific account credit/ debit questions   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Associate I Interview

Operations Specialist Associate I
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at International Fund Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday. She went through my resume top to bottom and asked me why I was applying for this position and basic behavioral questions. We then set up to meet for a face-to-face on the following Monday. Showed up to their NY office and low and behold, the entire office was full of college aged looking kids wearing jeans and polo shirts. Felt awkward because I was in a full suit. She sits me down, asks me more behavioral questions like ...how I would handle a difficult situation, what my favorite class was in college, etc. Then, I was told to sit in a room and have 1 on 1 interviews with the team members I would be working with. Met with 3 different guys, mostly social/behavioral stuff with very few technical questions. They were friendly. It's been a week and I haven't heard back after sending a thank you email to the hiring manager and the squad leader.

Interview Question – Explain how a hedge fund works and what you know about derivatives.   Answer Question

Associate II - NAV Accounting Interview

Associate II - NAV Accounting
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at International Fund Services in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied on their website. They contacted me and had come in to interview with 4 managers. I was offered the job on the train ride home. They are straightforward and do not waste your time.

Interview Question – Discussing different products, corporate actions, fee calcs, and investor allocations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. It was take it or leave it, which was extremely disappointing because they brought me in to interview for a NAV I associate, but then offered me the NAV II associate position for the same pay. I felt like it was a bait and switch from the beginning. I took the job though because I though it would be a good learning experience.

Operations Interview

Operations
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at International Fund Services in June 2009.

Interview Details – The culture is very laidback, hands-on, casual dress every day, they seem like people who will teach you everything and not hold back. The interview process was horrible, however, because all they emphasized was how casual they are and that was it. It was an all-day interview in which one more two people came into the office to interview me. I felt their approach was to see if I had the right hi-five personality and I thought they were overly pushy with that. It made me feel like saying "um...I've only met you for 2 mintues, please back up a little bit." All in all, they appeared to be a nice group of people, but the interview process was more like trying to find the right person for their "high school clique." I ended the interview 2 hours early, because I decided it wasn't for me.

Interview Question – What is your background?   Answer Question

Serior Software Developer Interview

Serior Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Fund Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – First I had to provide a code sample. They sent me an assignment and asked me to program the solution and send them the code.

They asked for this prior to providing a job description or salary range.

I spent several hours on the sample.

After they reviewed the code sample, which they said they liked, they scheduled a telephone tech interview. This was conducted with 2 of their programmers. It seemed to go well and I was asked in for an interview.

I met with the manager who told me immediately that they were also interviewing other candidates. I then met with 3 programmers simultaneously for a time boxed presentation. After that we walked through more code exercises. This all seemed to go smoothly.

I met with the manager again who answered my questions about the company. Again he mentioned there were other people in the pipeline but they would make a decision soon.

Two days later I was informed they went with another candidate. There was no feedback other than they were impressed with my technical skills.

After everything they put me through, they could have at least explained their decision. I could hake taken away something after all the effort they required.

I guess if they don't have to offer anything, they don;t.

Interview Questions

• Provide a code sample. In this case they wanted you to simulate an on line auction.   View Answer
  • I was asked to complete incomplete code samples in front of 3 developers.   View Answer

Associate I Interview

Associate I

Interviewed at International Fund Services

Interview Details – a quick test; very basic accounting. Easy

Transfer Agent, Associate I Interview

Transfer Agent, Associate I
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at International Fund Services in August 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call asking about my availability for interview. The conversation lasted about 5 minutes. The person that called me was very pleasant and courteous. I had my interview with 2 managers at once from 2 different teams. I had 2 interviews with 2 managers at once and then afterwards a member of the HR interviewed me and ask for my salary expectation. Everyone that interviewed me were very pleasant

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation whereby a customer was not happy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was seamless. I would advice you to look at the industry and market and what other companies are offering before you negotiate and make your mind up on the minimum you would accept.

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern

Interviewed at International Fund Services

Interview Details – Had one basic phone interview with the recruiter to get basic background informaiton and running through resume. Then had 2 interviews at the office, one with the manager and the other with one of the people I was going to work for. Very relaxed, just had a conversation. Asked about basic knowledge or product types and also my interests. They were looking for someone they could enjoy working with as most of the stuff could be easily learned

Interview Question – Tell me how a derivative works   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for International Fund Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Fund Services interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by International Fund Services employees and interview candidates.