International Game Technology

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

Senior Platform Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Game Technology.

Applied through a recruiter met at a university career fair. I wasn't qualified for a Sr. level position but was told the requirements could be changed for the right candidate. On what was supposed to be an informal phone interview to answer questions I had, I was asked a long serious of CS theory and application questions in a language that I had indicated that I knew. I blanked out and messed up most due to not having worked with that particular language in years. I wasn't contacted again.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the c++ classes that would be used for blackjack   Answer Question

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology.

I got an interview call fairly easily. Interview started with one sup in front and 5 managers on phone. It was purely technical interview; no explanation of job; questions were divided in 4-5 areas of the job each person took their turn and questions proceeded from simple to difficult.

Interview Questions
    • No explanation of job, or what is expected   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in October 2014.

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in September 2014.

Went through five interviews, which included an initial phone screening through their HR group in Las Vegas. After approximately 2.5 weeks of interviewing with the company, I was told by the HR representative that an offer was to be extended to me, benefit paperwork was emailed to me and a potential start date and salary amount was negotiated. I was told that the offer had missed the deadline for submission the first week but would be initiated the next week. When I called the HR representative the next week to follow up on the status of the offer, I was told the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time/situation when you had to deal with conflict in your job?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was with the HR representative on the phone. I was supposed to receive an offer letter the next week, however I was then informed after I had already accepted and had a start date established with the company that the position was cancelled.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology.

flew me out to Reno and provided accommodations/ reimbursement for out of pocket expenses, 4 interviews with HR/ Team member/ Director/ VP, everyone was very nice and did not make me feel nervous,

Interview Questions
    • If i was willing to relocate? how would you adapt? do you have any issues leaving current location? would you choose las vegas or reno?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First a phone screening, then an interview. There was coding involved and some theoretical questions

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was related to bit manipulation. Asked how to tell if a number is a power of two without math.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiating.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Initial phone screening, then interviews with direct manager and VP, pretty straightforward

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Game Technology.

I had one friendly interview with a few software engineers from the department that was hiring. They asked me about my working style, had me spot errors in a bit of code and asked me a few programming questions. Later HR called to offer me a position. After that I just had to qualify for a gaming card.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about the order of time it would take to perform certain operations on (I think) a standard library map.   View Answer

Head of Field Marketing - U S Region Interview

When promoted to Manager, I underwent 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What process would you take to build a bicycle if it arrived to your home in a box, in pieces?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology.

They flew me out to interview and I had four interviews in one day. They were pretty typical questions for the engineering field; given these problems, how would you solve them; how do you do this task with these limitations.

Interview Questions
    • There were also a couple OOP terms that I had forgotten the definition of, though I could demonstrate that I understood the concept of proper OOP, so that helped.   Answer Question