International Game Technology

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

Supervisor Interview

Was told I was overqualified and that I would just leave for a better job.

Interview Questions
    • But you'll just leave for a better job, then I will have to replace you.   Answer Question

PA Engineer II Interview

Interview took about 1 hour in a room with 4-5 individuals from the team you would prospectively be working with. Some were managers others were members on the team that had openings for interviews that day. Interview questions were not hard, some basic questions about SQL, testing, etc. Most questions were behavioral asking how well you worked in a team, what your weaknesses are, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How would you test a cell phone you know nothing about?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Game Technology.

Hiring took months.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   View Answer
    No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology.

The interview process was fairly standard for corporate environments. I submitted my resume, was contacted to schedule a phone interview which included a brief technical screening process, and roughly a week later I was asked to come into the work place for a formal interview.

The interview material was precisely what you would expect if you do any research on engineering interviews or have interviewed for a position as a Software Engineer in the past. Nothing beats being grilled with technical questions with nothing to aid you but a white board and dry erase marker. The interview questions covered everything from how you work with others, what you would do in a given situation, and how you would solve a specific technical problem. The team of interviewers were mostly encouraging and clearly indicated that they were more interested in hearing your thought process to solving a problem than arriving at the final answer correctly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't honestly remember the specifics, but there seems to be a propensity for at least one good logic question or puzzle to see how you think and work through difficult problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology in June 2013.

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Hiring from the outside was easy. I had one interview and was immediately hired the next day, even though there was a holiday weekend coming up and they said I probably would not know until after the holiday weekend.
    Being interviewed as a current employee sucks. I've been through dozens of interviews. Usually there is an initial interview, then a follow-up interview, and sometimes a third interview. Most of the time it is all for show, as most of the managers I interviewed with already had someone in mind that they were going to promote, but they need to "go through the motions" per HR rules. One manager consistently refused to give me an interview for a supervisor position, instead setting up "meetings" with me to tell me why I was not good enough to be a supervisor. I applied four times in five years for the job, every time it became open, and each time it was a different reason why I was not qualified. Every time I made note of the reason and worked on those reasons to make myself qualified for the next time the opportunity came around....and each time there was a new "reason". I actually had to train one of the people that was hired for the supervisor position at one point. Bottom line, once you are in IGT, if you don't know anyone or don't suck up, you won't go anywhere. Hard work, consistency, perfect attendance, good ideas for improving IGT, these things don't matter. In five years I worked my way from a bottom feeder to a "lead" position and was constantly told how the managers could sleep at night knowing I was "running the ship" - but I wasn't good enough for a supervisor position, even though I had previous supervisor experience and had demonstrated excellent teamwork and motivation skills. What matters is who you know, who you sleep with, who you go drinking with.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you think you could improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an entry-level position, pretty much take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Game Technology in May 2013.

I applied for several positions with this company and have barely received the courtesy of a "thanks but no thanks" email. With auto-respond the norm these days, I fail to see why companies can't send some kind of acknowledgement. I did get one interview, but I believe the position was already filled internally, and they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing about the interview was the two people interviewing me lifted the questions verbatim from the Yahoo Project Manager interview questions! Seriously, word for word. I was stunned.   View Answer

Intern Interview

The interview was very technical phone interview. I was under 21 and only a freshmen so they told me to try again after a year.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing company which was very professional in their approach which actually got me interested in applying at IGT. A technical phone interview was then scheduled within a couple of weeks with the pertaining project manager and technical architect. I was asked questions only about core java, but the questions were apt for evaluate the clarity of fundamental concepts. Interview lasted for half an hour. I was called the next day to schedule a F2F interview which was a nice experience. I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Although the questions were not that easy I was impressed with the tech architect who was very knowledgeable and articulate.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a compensation package completely based upon industry standard and position offered and not on my previous compensation package.