International Game Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

I had one friendly interview with a few software engineers from the department that was hiring. They asked me about my working style, had me spot errors in a bit of code and asked me a few programming questions. Later HR called to offer me a position. After that I just had to qualify for a gaming card.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the order of time it would take to perform certain operations on (I think) a standard library map.   1 Answer

Interview

When promoted to Manager, I underwent 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What process would you take to build a bicycle if it arrived to your home in a box, in pieces?   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

They flew me out to interview and I had four interviews in one day. They were pretty typical questions for the engineering field; given these problems, how would you solve them; how do you do this task with these limitations.

Interview Questions

• There were also a couple OOP terms that I had forgotten the definition of, though I could demonstrate that I understood the concept of proper OOP, so that helped.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Was told I was overqualified and that I would just leave for a better job.

Interview Questions

• But you'll just leave for a better job, then I will have to replace you.   Answer Question

PA Engineer II Interview

Interview

Interview took about 1 hour in a room with 4-5 individuals from the team you would prospectively be working with. Some were managers others were members on the team that had openings for interviews that day. Interview questions were not hard, some basic questions about SQL, testing, etc. Most questions were behavioral asking how well you worked in a team, what your weaknesses are, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a cell phone you know nothing about?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Hiring took months.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV).

Interview

Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard for corporate environments. I submitted my resume, was contacted to schedule a phone interview which included a brief technical screening process, and roughly a week later I was asked to come into the work place for a formal interview. The interview material was precisely what you would expect if you do any research on engineering interviews or have interviewed for a position as a Software Engineer in the past. Nothing beats being grilled with technical questions with nothing to aid you but a white board and dry erase marker. The interview questions covered everything from how you work with others, what you would do in a given situation, and how you would solve a specific technical problem. The team of interviewers were mostly encouraging and clearly indicated that they were more interested in hearing your thought process to solving a problem than arriving at the final answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• I don't honestly remember the specifics, but there seems to be a propensity for at least one good logic question or puzzle to see how you think and work through difficult problems.   Answer Question

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Fast paced interview covering a variety technical topic. They key to getting to this point will be networking. The HR aspect of hiring here is broken so you have to get to someone who can get your resume in front of a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with VM deployment   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question