International Game Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

I had one friendly interview with a few software engineers from the department that was hiring. They asked me about my working style, had me spot errors in a bit of code and asked me a few programming questions. Later HR called to offer me a position. After that I just had to qualify for a gaming card.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the order of time it would take to perform certain operations on (I think) a standard library map.   1 Answer

Interview

When promoted to Manager, I underwent 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What process would you take to build a bicycle if it arrived to your home in a box, in pieces?   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

They flew me out to interview and I had four interviews in one day. They were pretty typical questions for the engineering field; given these problems, how would you solve them; how do you do this task with these limitations.

Interview Questions

• There were also a couple OOP terms that I had forgotten the definition of, though I could demonstrate that I understood the concept of proper OOP, so that helped.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Was told I was overqualified and that I would just leave for a better job.

Interview Questions

• But you'll just leave for a better job, then I will have to replace you.   Answer Question

PA Engineer II Interview

Interview

Interview took about 1 hour in a room with 4-5 individuals from the team you would prospectively be working with. Some were managers others were members on the team that had openings for interviews that day. Interview questions were not hard, some basic questions about SQL, testing, etc. Most questions were behavioral asking how well you worked in a team, what your weaknesses are, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a cell phone you know nothing about?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Hiring took months.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV).

Interview

Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard for corporate environments. I submitted my resume, was contacted to schedule a phone interview which included a brief technical screening process, and roughly a week later I was asked to come into the work place for a formal interview.

The interview material was precisely what you would expect if you do any research on engineering interviews or have interviewed for a position as a Software Engineer in the past. Nothing beats being grilled with technical questions with nothing to aid you but a white board and dry erase marker. The interview questions covered everything from how you work with others, what you would do in a given situation, and how you would solve a specific technical problem. The team of interviewers were mostly encouraging and clearly indicated that they were more interested in hearing your thought process to solving a problem than arriving at the final answer correctly.

Interview Questions

• I don't honestly remember the specifics, but there seems to be a propensity for at least one good logic question or puzzle to see how you think and work through difficult problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview

Hiring from the outside was easy. I had one interview and was immediately hired the next day, even though there was a holiday weekend coming up and they said I probably would not know until after the holiday weekend.
    Being interviewed as a current employee sucks. I've been through dozens of interviews. Usually there is an initial interview, then a follow-up interview, and sometimes a third interview. Most of the time it is all for show, as most of the managers I interviewed with already had someone in mind that they were going to promote, but they need to "go through the motions" per HR rules. One manager consistently refused to give me an interview for a supervisor position, instead setting up "meetings" with me to tell me why I was not good enough to be a supervisor. I applied four times in five years for the job, every time it became open, and each time it was a different reason why I was not qualified. Every time I made note of the reason and worked on those reasons to make myself qualified for the next time the opportunity came around....and each time there was a new "reason". I actually had to train one of the people that was hired for the supervisor position at one point. Bottom line, once you are in IGT, if you don't know anyone or don't suck up, you won't go anywhere. Hard work, consistency, perfect attendance, good ideas for improving IGT, these things don't matter. In five years I worked my way from a bottom feeder to a "lead" position and was constantly told how the managers could sleep at night knowing I was "running the ship" - but I wasn't good enough for a supervisor position, even though I had previous supervisor experience and had demonstrated excellent teamwork and motivation skills. What matters is who you know, who you sleep with, who you go drinking with.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you could improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was an entry-level position, pretty much take it or leave it.