International Game Technology

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

The interview was very technical phone interview. I was under 21 and only a freshmen so they told me to try again after a year.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing company which was very professional in their approach which actually got me interested in applying at IGT. A technical phone interview was then scheduled within a couple of weeks with the pertaining project manager and technical architect. I was asked questions only about core java, but the questions were apt for evaluate the clarity of fundamental concepts. Interview lasted for half an hour. I was called the next day to schedule a F2F interview which was a nice experience. I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Although the questions were not that easy I was impressed with the tech architect who was very knowledgeable and articulate.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a compensation package completely based upon industry standard and position offered and not on my previous compensation package.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Game Technology in February 2013.

Worked with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with one manager for a position I wasn't really interested in but that one recommended me to another who had a position more suitable for my skill set. The questions asked by the first manager were mostly technical. The second manager I spoke to on the phone asked mostly personality questions. This was followed by an in person technical interview with a group of 3 employees, followed by a face to face with the manager. Each session lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you troubleshoot an out of memory error? How would you prevent it from occurring again? How would you recommend monitoring the system to ensure minimal downtime should it happen again?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a salary 10% higher than their initial offer. I declined their first two offers on the basis of being too low.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology in October 2012.

one phone interview, one in person group interview

Interview Questions
    • If I wanted to build a Database server, what would I need?   View Answer

Was offered a management position with another company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology in May 2012.

Submit resume, get phone call from HR and schedules initial phone interview. Conference call with multiple people. Initial interview was technical - asked previous projects, experience. In the initial phone interview they weren't interested in my personality, they were only interested in technical knowledge. They do not give you a call when you didn't make it through.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2012.

Blind ad was posted on job board (simplyhired.com) which provided minimum details about the position and no significant information about the company. Initial telephone interview was with HR representative ultimately leading to two more phone interviews before a final face to face interview. Some delays in interview process due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
    • Very specific questions about analytical skills which required careful wording due to confidentiality requirements of past employers.   View Answer
    Handled with the HR department who would communicate between me and management.

Flash Game Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology in November 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, followed up by a phone interview by the Engineering manager on the same day. The next day I received a call to come down to their offices in San Francisco for an interview. The interview process lasted a total of 3 hours and consisted of a 4 part panel interview comprised of groups of 3 to 8 interviewers at a time. During the interview I was asked to go over some programming logic and programming concepts and overall the interview process was very technical and I froze on everything I had learned in school. A week later I received an email letting me know that they decided to go another with another candidate because my technical skills were not at a level they expected and I cannot say I blame them because I still have a lot to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how I would program a deck of cards to flip the top card over after the user presses a button.   Answer Question

Production Manager and Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology in November 2011.

Applied via linkedin and received a phone call 3 days later to set up a phone interview (which is weird, because I live 15 minutes from the facility). Interviewer was 15 minutes late calling, and had a very thick English accent. He was very personable, and acknowledged all my answers. Seems like a nice enough guy, but because of his accent, his questions were hard to understand.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a scenario....You have an order of 150 slot machines that is due in 5 weeks. You know that some of your parts have a 15 week lead time. You cant preposition any units...How do you deliver the order.   View Answer
    • Tell me what you know about EVM.   Answer Question
    • Explain Cycle Inventory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in October 2011.

Initial phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with hiring manager. This was followed by an on site visit in Las Vegas, NV. Took almost three weeks to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions
    Salary, benefits. Get it and the term of employment in writing. Review beforehand.

Software Engineer, Product Assurance I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in August 2011.

1st call - Interview scheduled as well as some questions about my background experience, both work and education.

Interview (2 Managers : Me) - Questions about my education in Video Game Software Development. Also some questions about my most recent work experience developing, redesigning and debugging web sites, web applications, and iPhone applications. Was told the job would likely go from simple testing, hands on to developing and programming as well. Sort of a hybrid position or programming and testing would be a likely future possibility for my career path. The company was interested in my testing _and_ programming experience as a package, and would not have contacted me if I had only one or the other.

The Interview was short and sweet as far as I remember. 10 minutes, brief question and answer. Though, I believe my answers were prime and to the point, satisfactorily.

You will sense that they are simply trying to read your character more so than get "the right answers" from you. Making lots of eye contact and solid body gestures were key in the interview, like usual.

Interview Questions
    Sadly, the (_phone call, two week after the Interview_) offer was above my expectation, and I had no time to do thorough research of the Industry and it's Salaries at the time. I believed negotiations would be futile due to my lack of experience in the field and it being my first Casino Industry Position.

Their offer was relatively healthy and my job at the moment of the offer was paying significantly lower. Took the Offer and Ran!