International Game Technology

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Support Analyst Interview

Reno, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Game Technology in December 2009.

Interview Details – Three separate interviews with management and Analysts I'd be working with. Was hired by IGT & worked there over eleven years before resigning.

Interview Question – Pretty laid-back, with no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat rate w/no negotiation.

Software Engineer, Product Assurance I Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at International Game Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1st call - Interview scheduled as well as some questions about my background experience, both work and education.

Interview (2 Managers : Me) - Questions about my education in Video Game Software Development. Also some questions about my most recent work experience developing, redesigning and debugging web sites, web applications, and iPhone applications. Was told the job would likely go from simple testing, hands on to developing and programming as well. Sort of a hybrid position or programming and testing would be a likely future possibility for my career path. The company was interested in my testing _and_ programming experience as a package, and would not have contacted me if I had only one or the other.

The Interview was short and sweet as far as I remember. 10 minutes, brief question and answer. Though, I believe my answers were prime and to the point, satisfactorily.

You will sense that they are simply trying to read your character more so than get "the right answers" from you. Making lots of eye contact and solid body gestures were key in the interview, like usual.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sadly, the (_phone call, two week after the Interview_) offer was above my expectation, and I had no time to do thorough research of the Industry and it's Salaries at the time. I believed negotiations would be futile due to my lack of experience in the field and it being my first Casino Industry Position.

Their offer was relatively healthy and my job at the moment of the offer was paying significantly lower. Took the Offer and Ran!

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer, Product Assurance II Interview

Software Engineer, Product Assurance II
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Game Technology in May 2009.

Interview Details – Face to Face interview. I was interviewed by 3 people including one manager and 2 engineer.

Interview Question – None. Interview was easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate on the salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Gulfport, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at International Game Technology in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview with hiring manager. This was followed by an on site visit in Las Vegas, NV. Took almost three weeks to complete all interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary, benefits. Get it and the term of employment in writing. Review beforehand.

Product Assurance I Interview

Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – A person from HR contacts me to set up an on site interview. Did not mention there would be a group interview. On the way to the interview room, one guy led me through a maze of cubicles to get to an empty room where I had to wait for the others to get there. There was a group of 6 software developers and managers who interviewed me. They asked pretty basic questions on probability. I did not get my degree in computer science and so I wasn't able to answer those questions regarding product assurance, but I would imagine someone who majored in it could easily answer those questions. When it was my turn to ask questions, I got the feeling nobody in the room really enjoyed working there. Overall the interviews process took 1-2 hours

Interview Question – What is the probability of rolling two die summing to 6?   Answer Question

Production Manager and Scheduler Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Game Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via linkedin and received a phone call 3 days later to set up a phone interview (which is weird, because I live 15 minutes from the facility). Interviewer was 15 minutes late calling, and had a very thick English accent. He was very personable, and acknowledged all my answers. Seems like a nice enough guy, but because of his accent, his questions were hard to understand.

Interview Questions

• Gave a scenario....You have an order of 150 slot machines that is due in 5 weeks. You know that some of your parts have a 15 week lead time. You cant preposition any units...How do you deliver the order.   View Answer
  • Tell me what you know about EVM.   Answer Question
  • Explain Cycle Inventory.   Answer Question

Flash Game Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Game Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview with the recruiter, followed up by a phone interview by the Engineering manager on the same day. The next day I received a call to come down to their offices in San Francisco for an interview. The interview process lasted a total of 3 hours and consisted of a 4 part panel interview comprised of groups of 3 to 8 interviewers at a time. During the interview I was asked to go over some programming logic and programming concepts and overall the interview process was very technical and I froze on everything I had learned in school. A week later I received an email letting me know that they decided to go another with another candidate because my technical skills were not at a level they expected and I cannot say I blame them because I still have a lot to learn.

Interview Question – Describe how I would program a deck of cards to flip the top card over after the user presses a button.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer II Interview

Las Vegas, NV

The process took 1 week - interviewed at International Game Technology in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Give it a try, there are different levels as a technical trainer you can start as. Levels I, II, III, IV.

Account Executive Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at International Game Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – The description of the job (responsibilities, requirements, territory, customer base, etc.) changed many times during the process. This made it difficult as it was impossible to know at any given time just exactly what you were interviewing for. They seemed confused.

Market Researcher Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at International Game Technology in November 2010.

Interview Details – The IGT interview team is awful. They are unfocused and a few times pointed to things irrelevant to the conversation to deliberately distract you.

They ask really lame questions like "what are your favorite and least favorite classes when you were in school" and "What do you like and not like about the profession you are in"

The employees also argue with one another during the interview and are rude to one another and criticize each other.

They also ask vague questions, give you assurances that you are hired on the spot, only to reject you later on.

I would highly recommend NOT working for them.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – IGT is a dinosaur. They had a monopoly on the market and have been too fat, dumb and happy and have watched their market share erode. Employees are miserable wretches because of this and Patti Hart is a clone of Carol Bartz at Yahoo (ironically enough they both serve on each others' boards).

I would avoid working for this company until their transformation is complete, its complete chaos there right now.

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Game Technology