International Game Technology

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer III Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at International Game Technology in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The interview process was fairly simple. They asked me very few technical questions. They mostly asked me what kinds of projects I had done in the past. I explained the projects that I had worked on very thoroughly and my work history very thoroughly.

Interview Question – What is a "Union in C"   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at International Game Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details – one phone interview, one in person group interview

Interview Question – If I wanted to build a Database server, what would I need?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Was offered a management position with another company.

Reno, NV

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at International Game Technology in June 2013.

Interview Details – Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Question – Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reno, NV

I applied online - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2010.

Interview Details – submit resume -> phone interview

Interview Question – 1. explain singleton pattern and its application
2. ask the experience in .NET
  Answer Question

WPF UI Engineer Interview

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2009.

Interview Details – Expect lot of good technical questions to worst behavioral questions. What is MVVM?
WPF architecture?

Interview Question – Can you survive in cold weather?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relocation and sign on bonus, as one has to risk going to RENO and working for a while

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at International Game Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for several positions with this company and have barely received the courtesy of a "thanks but no thanks" email. With auto-respond the norm these days, I fail to see why companies can't send some kind of acknowledgement. I did get one interview, but I believe the position was already filled internally, and they were going through the motions.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing about the interview was the two people interviewing me lifted the questions verbatim from the Yahoo Project Manager interview questions! Seriously, word for word. I was stunned.   View Answer

Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at International Game Technology in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward. HR representative, hiring manager, technical questions. No office tour before hiring. Office tour on the first day of employment

Interview Question – No hard questions. Questions are all work related and very easy to answer   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Reno, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at International Game Technology in May 2009.

Interview Details – Flew me out one day to Reno and spent a weekend there to interview on Monday

Interview Question – Nothing, pretty straight forward stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Real easy

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview Details – Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Question – What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a staffing company which was very professional in their approach which actually got me interested in applying at IGT. A technical phone interview was then scheduled within a couple of weeks with the pertaining project manager and technical architect. I was asked questions only about core java, but the questions were apt for evaluate the clarity of fundamental concepts. Interview lasted for half an hour. I was called the next day to schedule a F2F interview which was a nice experience. I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Although the questions were not that easy I was impressed with the tech architect who was very knowledgeable and articulate.

Interview Question – All questions were from core java and were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a compensation package completely based upon industry standard and position offered and not on my previous compensation package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Game Technology

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!

International Game Technology Videos

International Game Technology – Why Work for Us?

IGT is the global leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of computerized gaming machines and network systems products as well as online and mobile gaming solutions for regulated markets. Our industry is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Game Technology interview questions and advice in Nevada. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by International Game Technology employees and interview candidates.