International Game Technology

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in October 2014.

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in September 2014.

Went through five interviews, which included an initial phone screening through their HR group in Las Vegas. After approximately 2.5 weeks of interviewing with the company, I was told by the HR representative that an offer was to be extended to me, benefit paperwork was emailed to me and a potential start date and salary amount was negotiated. I was told that the offer had missed the deadline for submission the first week but would be initiated the next week. When I called the HR representative the next week to follow up on the status of the offer, I was told the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time/situation when you had to deal with conflict in your job?   Answer Question
    The negotiation was with the HR representative on the phone. I was supposed to receive an offer letter the next week, however I was then informed after I had already accepted and had a start date established with the company that the position was cancelled.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology.

Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   View Answer
    No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology in June 2013.

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Game Technology in May 2013.

I applied for several positions with this company and have barely received the courtesy of a "thanks but no thanks" email. With auto-respond the norm these days, I fail to see why companies can't send some kind of acknowledgement. I did get one interview, but I believe the position was already filled internally, and they were going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing about the interview was the two people interviewing me lifted the questions verbatim from the Yahoo Project Manager interview questions! Seriously, word for word. I was stunned.   View Answer

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing company which was very professional in their approach which actually got me interested in applying at IGT. A technical phone interview was then scheduled within a couple of weeks with the pertaining project manager and technical architect. I was asked questions only about core java, but the questions were apt for evaluate the clarity of fundamental concepts. Interview lasted for half an hour. I was called the next day to schedule a F2F interview which was a nice experience. I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Although the questions were not that easy I was impressed with the tech architect who was very knowledgeable and articulate.

Interview Questions
    I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a compensation package completely based upon industry standard and position offered and not on my previous compensation package.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Game Technology in February 2013.

Worked with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with one manager for a position I wasn't really interested in but that one recommended me to another who had a position more suitable for my skill set. The questions asked by the first manager were mostly technical. The second manager I spoke to on the phone asked mostly personality questions. This was followed by an in person technical interview with a group of 3 employees, followed by a face to face with the manager. Each session lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you troubleshoot an out of memory error? How would you prevent it from occurring again? How would you recommend monitoring the system to ensure minimal downtime should it happen again?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a salary 10% higher than their initial offer. I declined their first two offers on the basis of being too low.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology in October 2012.

one phone interview, one in person group interview

Interview Questions
    • If I wanted to build a Database server, what would I need?   View Answer

Was offered a management position with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology in May 2012.

Submit resume, get phone call from HR and schedules initial phone interview. Conference call with multiple people. Initial interview was technical - asked previous projects, experience. In the initial phone interview they weren't interested in my personality, they were only interested in technical knowledge. They do not give you a call when you didn't make it through.

Production Manager and Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology in November 2011.

Applied via linkedin and received a phone call 3 days later to set up a phone interview (which is weird, because I live 15 minutes from the facility). Interviewer was 15 minutes late calling, and had a very thick English accent. He was very personable, and acknowledged all my answers. Seems like a nice enough guy, but because of his accent, his questions were hard to understand.

Interview Questions
    • Gave a scenario....You have an order of 150 slot machines that is due in 5 weeks. You know that some of your parts have a 15 week lead time. You cant preposition any units...How do you deliver the order.   View Answer
    • Tell me what you know about EVM.   Answer Question
    • Explain Cycle Inventory.   Answer Question