International Game Technology Interview Questions in Nevada

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.6

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through five interviews, which included an initial phone screening through their HR group in Las Vegas. After approximately 2.5 weeks of interviewing with the company, I was told by the HR representative that an offer was to be extended to me, benefit paperwork was emailed to me and a potential start date and salary amount was negotiated. I was told that the offer had missed the deadline for submission the first week but would be initiated the next week. When I called the HR representative the next week to follow up on the status of the offer, I was told the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/situation when you had to deal with conflict in your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was with the HR representative on the phone. I was supposed to receive an offer letter the next week, however I was then informed after I had already accepted and had a start date established with the company that the position was cancelled.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV).

Interview

Overall very smooth. HR is very effective there and follows up with your questions. You have to go through a screening online and then "IF" your resume is forwarded to the Manager (recruiting makes that decision) they schedule the appointments. I am not aware of a confirmation if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your flaws? Really?? How are you supposed to answer that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation what so ever. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Fast paced interview covering a variety technical topic. They key to getting to this point will be networking. The HR aspect of hiring here is broken so you have to get to someone who can get your resume in front of a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with VM deployment   1 Answer

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which was very professional in their approach which actually got me interested in applying at IGT. A technical phone interview was then scheduled within a couple of weeks with the pertaining project manager and technical architect. I was asked questions only about core java, but the questions were apt for evaluate the clarity of fundamental concepts. Interview lasted for half an hour. I was called the next day to schedule a F2F interview which was a nice experience. I was interviewed by a panel of 3. Although the questions were not that easy I was impressed with the tech architect who was very knowledgeable and articulate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a compensation package completely based upon industry standard and position offered and not on my previous compensation package.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

After online application, I was contacted within a few days. Soon after the background paperwork were filed, the interview was scheduled. The interview itself was pretty standard. A 1:1 interview occurred evaluating personality.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with one manager for a position I wasn't really interested in but that one recommended me to another who had a position more suitable for my skill set. The questions asked by the first manager were mostly technical. The second manager I spoke to on the phone asked mostly personality questions. This was followed by an in person technical interview with a group of 3 employees, followed by a face to face with the manager. Each session lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an out of memory error? How would you prevent it from occurring again? How would you recommend monitoring the system to ensure minimal downtime should it happen again?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary 10% higher than their initial offer. I declined their first two offers on the basis of being too low.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

one phone interview, one in person group interview

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to build a Database server, what would I need?   1 Answer

Was offered a management position with another company.

Software Engineer, Product Assurance I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

1st call - Interview scheduled as well as some questions about my background experience, both work and education. Interview (2 Managers : Me) - Questions about my education in Video Game Software Development. Also some questions about my most recent work experience developing, redesigning and debugging web sites, web applications, and iPhone applications. Was told the job would likely go from simple testing, hands on to developing and programming as well. Sort of a hybrid position or programming and testing would be a likely future possibility for my career path. The company was interested in my testing _and_ programming experience as a package, and would not have contacted me if I had only one or the other. The Interview was short and sweet as far as I remember. 10 minutes, brief question and answer. Though, I believe my answers were prime and to the point, satisfactorily. You will sense that they are simply trying to read your character more so than get "the right answers" from you. Making lots of eye contact and solid body gestures were key in the interview, like usual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sadly, the (_phone call, two week after the Interview_) offer was above my expectation, and I had no time to do thorough research of the Industry and it's Salaries at the time. I believed negotiations would be futile due to my lack of experience in the field and it being my first Casino Industry Position. Their offer was relatively healthy and my job at the moment of the offer was paying significantly lower. Took the Offer and Ran!

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

Was asked to find the issues that one should consider when looking for bugs in a specific piece of software, and then back up my claim as to why they might be at risk. Was given a few scenarios, both whitebox and blackbox, and asked what I would consider to be high risk areas. Was asked my reasoning behind QA as a prospective profession

Interview Questions

I was offered a better position at a different company