International Game Technology Interview Questions in Nevada

Updated May 24, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

After online application, I was contacted within a few days. Soon after the background paperwork were filed, the interview was scheduled. The interview itself was pretty standard. A 1:1 interview occurred evaluating personality.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Submit resume, get phone call from HR and schedules initial phone interview. Conference call with multiple people. Initial interview was technical - asked previous projects, experience. In the initial phone interview they weren't interested in my personality, they were only interested in technical knowledge. They do not give you a call when you didn't make it through.

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through five interviews, which included an initial phone screening through their HR group in Las Vegas. After approximately 2.5 weeks of interviewing with the company, I was told by the HR representative that an offer was to be extended to me, benefit paperwork was emailed to me and a potential start date and salary amount was negotiated. I was told that the offer had missed the deadline for submission the first week but would be initiated the next week. When I called the HR representative the next week to follow up on the status of the offer, I was told the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/situation when you had to deal with conflict in your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was with the HR representative on the phone. I was supposed to receive an offer letter the next week, however I was then informed after I had already accepted and had a start date established with the company that the position was cancelled.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with one manager for a position I wasn't really interested in but that one recommended me to another who had a position more suitable for my skill set. The questions asked by the first manager were mostly technical. The second manager I spoke to on the phone asked mostly personality questions. This was followed by an in person technical interview with a group of 3 employees, followed by a face to face with the manager. Each session lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an out of memory error? How would you prevent it from occurring again? How would you recommend monitoring the system to ensure minimal downtime should it happen again?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary 10% higher than their initial offer. I declined their first two offers on the basis of being too low.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The interview process was fairly simple. They asked me very few technical questions. They mostly asked me what kinds of projects I had done in the past. I explained the projects that I had worked on very thoroughly and my work history very thoroughly.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

one phone interview, one in person group interview

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to build a Database server, what would I need?   1 Answer

Was offered a management position with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

submit resume -> phone interview

Interview Questions

• 1. explain singleton pattern and its application
      2. ask the experience in .NET

Answer Question

WPF UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Game Technology (Reno, NV) in March 2009.

Interview

Expect lot of good technical questions to worst behavioral questions. What is MVVM?
    WPF architecture?

Interview Questions

• Can you survive in cold weather?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relocation and sign on bonus, as one has to risk going to RENO and working for a while