International Game Technology

International Game Technology Software Engineer II Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Game Technology.

I had one friendly interview with a few software engineers from the department that was hiring. They asked me about my working style, had me spot errors in a bit of code and asked me a few programming questions. Later HR called to offer me a position. After that I just had to qualify for a gaming card.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about the order of time it would take to perform certain operations on (I think) a standard library map.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for International Game Technology

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology.

They flew me out to interview and I had four interviews in one day. They were pretty typical questions for the engineering field; given these problems, how would you solve them; how do you do this task with these limitations.

Interview Questions
    • There were also a couple OOP terms that I had forgotten the definition of, though I could demonstrate that I understood the concept of proper OOP, so that helped.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2007.

It was very easy, simple C++ questions

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. A month after I got a call from HR and scheduled for initial phone interview. Interview with a engineering manager and a senior programmer. Most of their questions were technical (general programming concepts).

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Game Technology in December 2010.

1st Interview: Telephonic
    Description: Staff engineer or lead will call you. You will be grilled on technology level first.

2nd, 3rd, 4th Interview: 1:1
    Description: Interviews with engineer, architect and hiring manager. All technical.

Interview Questions
    • In how many different ways can you implement singleton. Which is the preferred one?   Answer Question
    Tough on negotiation. Will low ball you.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Game Technology in March 2010.

apply for their hiring web site

Phone interview.