International Game Technology

www.igt.com

International Game Technology Software Engineer II Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview Details – I had one friendly interview with a few software engineers from the department that was hiring. They asked me about my working style, had me spot errors in a bit of code and asked me a few programming questions. Later HR called to offer me a position. After that I just had to qualify for a gaming card.

Interview Question – I was asked about the order of time it would take to perform certain operations on (I think) a standard library map.   View Answer

Software Engineer II

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at International Game Technology.

Interview Details – They flew me out to interview and I had four interviews in one day. They were pretty typical questions for the engineering field; given these problems, how would you solve them; how do you do this task with these limitations.

Interview Question – There were also a couple OOP terms that I had forgotten the definition of, though I could demonstrate that I understood the concept of proper OOP, so that helped.   Answer Question

Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2007.

Interview Details – It was very easy, simple C++ questions

Interview Question – How to reverse a string in C++   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes,

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at International Game Technology

Interview Details – I applied online. A month after I got a call from HR and scheduled for initial phone interview. Interview with a engineering manager and a senior programmer. Most of their questions were technical (general programming concepts).

Interview Question – Difference "const" and "readonly"   Answer Question

Software Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at International Game Technology in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1st Interview: Telephonic
Description: Staff engineer or lead will call you. You will be grilled on technology level first.

2nd, 3rd, 4th Interview: 1:1
Description: Interviews with engineer, architect and hiring manager. All technical.

Interview Question – In how many different ways can you implement singleton. Which is the preferred one?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough on negotiation. Will low ball you.

Software Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Game Technology in March 2010.

Interview Details – apply for their hiring web site

Phone interview.

Interview Question – Do you know singleton pattern ?   Answer Question

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!