International Marketmakers Combination

Updated Aug 15, 2014

3.1

Dwh Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in March 2013.

Phone Screening
    Assessment over a remote computer - 3 days long

Trading Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination.

Dropped my resume at a career fair; after completing a relatively easy assessment, I was invited to a basic behavioral on-campus interview. Was invited to the IMC offices; first night was some more assessments and dinner, while the second day was 4 interviews, one of which was behavioral and the rest of which were technical. Did fine on the interviews, but ultimately didn't get the position. Predominantly candidates from MIT and Harvard.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an evacuation plan for your hometown?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in December 2012.

Contacted after a job fair and was sent two screening problems via email. Next was a Skype interview and than a final interview at their offices in Chicago.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination.

Pretty run of the mill "prove that you can code" questions. They let you talk about the solution on a white board and then critique what you have done. I got into an argument with the interviewer because he said what I did was not workable, when in reality it was. When I went back to school, I sent him the code stating that it works. Never heard back from him.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. HR will ask you some basic questions - walk through your resume, what do you do for fun etc   Answer Question

People and their culture was not to my liking. Looking for a more US centric firm where I can understand the language

Junior Trader Interview

a lot of nice people who seemed to enjoy the process. 3 different types of interviews, logic/trading/personal. One trading simulation.

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

There was one phone interview (they asked how to remove duplicates from an array) followed by onsite interview in Chicago. During the onsite, I was put up in a nice hotel and had a full day of interviews. They have coding station where you do some fairly basic Java coding (code a few functions to implement using hashsets) , an algs station (find anagrams of words, a byte suffix problem), and an HR station (go over your resume piece by piece). It was a fairly good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how a GPS system works. What makes you better than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in January 2012.

We were given a number of different tasks from Algorithms to actual coding round during the interview. They really want you to relax and succeed. There are a lot of smart java devs at the company and there is a lot that can be learned at the firm.

Senior P&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in March 2012.

Interview was one on one. A bit like pinball, he talked, I talked, he talked, I talked.

Their office is very new and updated.

Be prepared to answer job related questions and do not be afraid of being blunt.

Interview Questions
    • If you had 2 weeks to complete a project, What would be your first step.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in February 2012.

First was asked to take the online test. Consisted most of numerical questions and abstract reasonaing problems.

Second, on site interview with HR and a trader(they cane to my school). Asked mostly behavioral and fit questions. Got rejected on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What your internship employer would say about you? Positively and negatively?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at International Marketmakers Combination in February 2012.

Before the in person interview, they made me take two online tests, one was basic logic and the other was math/graphs. Both were pretty easy. After that, I was contacted for an in person interview. Typical interview questions plus a brainteaser. My interviewer seemed like she was rushing through the interview though, so it wasnt a very good experience