International Medical Corps

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at International Medical Corps in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called out of the blue for an interview and so didn't have time to prepare. The questions were all standard interview questions - your strengths/weaknesses, why you want the job.

Interview Question – The questions were all expected, but the timing of the interview was unexpected.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Program Officer

I applied online and interviewed at International Medical Corps.

Interview Details – There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process. The standard questions were asked: what is your experience in program management? Tell me about your conflict management skills? What have you done in terms of reporting and which donors have you worked with? Have you worked with proposal development. Very generic questions. However, as this was a field position, I had the entire interview conducted in the working language.

I was really caught off guard by the interviewer, who seemed rushed or uninterested. I honestly did not think that I would make it to the second round! He asked me if I had any questions regarding the organization, and I asked for more details about the structure, after which he chuckled and said that I didn't really get the way IMC worked (this was my first interview, and no organizational chart was available online). The second question I asked was about the activities, and he said "voila!" like I had asked the "correct" question. Then after he answered the question, said "nice talking to you" and quickly hung up. No "do you have any other questions?" or explanation of the next steps. i was left very confused.

Interview Question – None- just be prepared to provide examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, I had to fill out the USAID bio-data sheet which I was told determined my starting salary.

I was disappointed to find out how inflexible HR was in terms of starting dates. I had requested 6 weeks due to traveling that i had already planned, in order to allow me to give my employer time to start the recruiting process and me time to pack up to move to another continent (I was working abroad, and didn't have time to go home before this next assignment in a different continent). Basically, I was told take it or leave it. Ironically, I later talked to another employee at HQ who had negotiated a 2-3 month delay in her start date. Also, when I arrived and found out that there was no urgency in my position (the previous person had left months ago and the role still wasn't well defined), I was quite upset that HR wasn't more flexible in negotiating this point.

Very Easy Interview

Grants Assistant Interview

Grants Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at International Medical Corps in July 2009.

Interview Details – I just met with the manager and he we talked for about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you have faced in a past job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation phase

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Interview

Business
Damascus (Syria)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Medical Corps in December 2011.

Interview Details – i got a phone call from telecommunication company in this phone call they asked me to talk about my self for 1 minute in English, then the person on the phone arranged an interview with me in the main building
the interview had 3 processes
first processes it was computer skills and microsoft office test
then i had English test and the final interview was 1:1 interview

Interview Question – unexpected question
 do you have any kind of phobias ?
  Answer Question

Worked for International Medical Corps? Contribute to the Community!