International Medical Corps

International Medical Corps Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Medical Corps

Program Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Medical Corps in June 2014.

I was called out of the blue for an interview and so didn't have time to prepare. The questions were all standard interview questions - your strengths/weaknesses, why you want the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all expected, but the timing of the interview was unexpected.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at International Medical Corps.

There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process. The standard questions were asked: what is your experience in program management? Tell me about your conflict management skills? What have you done in terms of reporting and which donors have you worked with? Have you worked with proposal development. Very generic questions. However, as this was a field position, I had the entire interview conducted in the working language.

I was really caught off guard by the interviewer, who seemed rushed or uninterested. I honestly did not think that I would make it to the second round! He asked me if I had any questions regarding the organization, and I asked for more details about the structure, after which he chuckled and said that I didn't really get the way IMC worked (this was my first interview, and no organizational chart was available online). The second question I asked was about the activities, and he said "voila!" like I had asked the "correct" question. Then after he answered the question, said "nice talking to you" and quickly hung up. No "do you have any other questions?" or explanation of the next steps. i was left very confused.

Interview Questions
    Not really, I had to fill out the USAID bio-data sheet which I was told determined my starting salary.

I was disappointed to find out how inflexible HR was in terms of starting dates. I had requested 6 weeks due to traveling that i had already planned, in order to allow me to give my employer time to start the recruiting process and me time to pack up to move to another continent (I was working abroad, and didn't have time to go home before this next assignment in a different continent). Basically, I was told take it or leave it. Ironically, I later talked to another employee at HQ who had negotiated a 2-3 month delay in her start date. Also, when I arrived and found out that there was no urgency in my position (the previous person had left months ago and the role still wasn't well defined), I was quite upset that HR wasn't more flexible in negotiating this point.

Grants Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Medical Corps in July 2009.

I just met with the manager and he we talked for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you have faced in a past job?   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation phase

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus (Syria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus (Syria)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Medical Corps in December 2011.

i got a phone call from telecommunication company in this phone call they asked me to talk about my self for 1 minute in English, then the person on the phone arranged an interview with me in the main building
    the interview had 3 processes
    first processes it was computer skills and microsoft office test
    then i had English test and the final interview was 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question
       do you have any kind of phobias ?

Answer Question