International Medical Corps

International Medical Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Medical Corps

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Medical Corps.

Interview

The interview began with a basic phone screening which eventually lead to an on-site interview with a few members from the department team a couple of weeks after. The questions were basic and the interview was fairly easy going. I did notice that the interviewers seemed bored with me before they even asked me questions which leads to believe they already had a candidate in mind and left me with the sense that I wasted almost 2 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• Both the screening and the following interview were similar in regard to the questions i.e. why are you interested, strengths, weakness etc.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Medical Corps (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured and relevant to the position. The process very long, I was interviewed by multiple people from different office who did not communicate with each other. I was throughly drilled on my knowledge of excel by one interviewer in the DC office. At the time of salary negotiations (LA office) I was asked to take an excel exam. I was told this was to justify my asking salary because they did not know my skill level.

There was clearly a lack of communication between the two offices.

Interview Questions

Salary offered for DC was well below the market.

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Medical Corps in June 2014.

Interview

I was called out of the blue for an interview and so didn't have time to prepare. The questions were all standard interview questions - your strengths/weaknesses, why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all expected, but the timing of the interview was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Medical Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite pleasant. They were very good about setting phone interviews, and when the second interviewer accidentally missed it, they were quick to apologize and reschedule. Everything was accomplished very professionally and knowledgeably.

Interview Questions

• The questions dealt a lot with my past experiences and how they related to the job at hand. Mostly we just talked, maybe 30% related to the job itself which I was pleasantly surprised by, as I feel like what's important from the interviewers perspective is that the person I work for is someone I can get a long with.   Answer Question

International Medical Corps Response

Mar 2, 2015Director, International Human Resources and Recruitment

Dear prospective candidate- Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and for your interest with International Medical Corps, it's very helpful to hear and learn of your experience. We do hope ... More

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at International Medical Corps.

Interview

There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process. The standard questions were asked: what is your experience in program management? Tell me about your conflict management skills? What have you done in terms of reporting and which donors have you worked with? Have you worked with proposal development. Very generic questions. However, as this was a field position, I had the entire interview conducted in the working language.

I was really caught off guard by the interviewer, who seemed rushed or uninterested. I honestly did not think that I would make it to the second round! He asked me if I had any questions regarding the organization, and I asked for more details about the structure, after which he chuckled and said that I didn't really get the way IMC worked (this was my first interview, and no organizational chart was available online). The second question I asked was about the activities, and he said "voila!" like I had asked the "correct" question. Then after he answered the question, said "nice talking to you" and quickly hung up. No "do you have any other questions?" or explanation of the next steps. i was left very confused.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, I had to fill out the USAID bio-data sheet which I was told determined my starting salary.

I was disappointed to find out how inflexible HR was in terms of starting dates. I had requested 6 weeks due to traveling that i had already planned, in order to allow me to give my employer time to start the recruiting process and me time to pack up to move to another continent (I was working abroad, and didn't have time to go home before this next assignment in a different continent). Basically, I was told take it or leave it. Ironically, I later talked to another employee at HQ who had negotiated a 2-3 month delay in her start date. Also, when I arrived and found out that there was no urgency in my position (the previous person had left months ago and the role still wasn't well defined), I was quite upset that HR wasn't more flexible in negotiating this point.

Grants Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Medical Corps (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I just met with the manager and he we talked for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you have faced in a past job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Damascus (Syria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at International Medical Corps (Damascus (Syria)) in December 2011.

Interview

i got a phone call from telecommunication company in this phone call they asked me to talk about my self for 1 minute in English, then the person on the phone arranged an interview with me in the main building
    the interview had 3 processes
    first processes it was computer skills and microsoft office test
    then i had English test and the final interview was 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• unexpected question
       do you have any kind of phobias ?

Answer Question