International Paper

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Corrugator Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Gap, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union Gap, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in January 2013.

I applied for the job in August 2012 and got a phone call a couple days later. I tried several times to reach the recruiter and there was no return correspondence. I then recieved another call from the same recruiter 4 months later for the same job. He set up a phone screen for me with a local recruiter which went very well. A couple of weeks later I was scheduled for an onsite interview at the facility in Union Gap, WA. The interview started out just fine then I began to be interrupted by one or both of the interviewers mid sentence while giving answers so they could enjoy inside jokes amongst themselves. This happened throughout the interview. Once it was my turn to ask questions, I only managed to spit out three mundane questions before throwing in the towel in frustration. I received a job offer on the phone a week later but could not get specifics on basic information such as shift, schedule or benefits when I asked. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was declined because of the poor listening skills demonstrated by the interviewers during the interview. I was also unable to get a straight answer about what shif or hours I would be asked to work. The HR representative also failed to follow up with pertinent benefits information in a timely manner as was promised. Overall, very bad experience on my part.