International Paper Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
Updated Aug 9, 2014
64 interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2010.

One of the most unique interview processes I have seen. College interview is a panel interview at the college. This interview is the cut off for the second round of interviews. IP invites the second round candidates to a mill site for two days. The process consists of dinners, group and individual interviews and a final tour.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a conflict situation in a team setting?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Could be done though specially if you have another offer.

Senior Plant Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at International Paper in February 2008.

through web sites ad employees of international paper. First written exam based on general knowledge, apptitude and concerned engineering questions. After interview by officials experienced in concerned engineering departments.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in May 2009.

The technical management of the interview process was outstanding utilizing software to schedule times and calls and providing easy status updates throughout the process. Initial interview was with an outsourced recruiter and served to validate resume items and work status. That was followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager and then a four hour session on site with various executive panels. They required writing samples and were very specific in terms of what items they wanted and how formatted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your approach to writing? What are your initial steps?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most challenging writing project?   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mansfield, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, LA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2009.

International Paper was very organized in sending me information to be ready for the interview process. They explained everything very well. Many recruiters were at the interview site for the two days to talk to. I learned a lot about the company and the position, as well as, about the different paper mill locations across the U.S. I had a 2 on 1 interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. I also had team building exercises which were stressful but also exciting. The recruiters were very nice and we got a chance to have dinner with them to network and really pick their brain about working for International Paper. I was just very disappointed that I did not get a job offer. I would have truly enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a situation where you felt motivated to work on a project that you were not asked to do and you went for it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in November 2010.

The interviewers were very professional.

REACH Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in October 2012.

Overall wonderful experience. Had a campus interview and was invited to a two day event (at their expense) at one of their mills. The event was wonderfully put on. I got to network with recruiters, managers, and even got to meet one of the VPs of the company. Part of the interview process was breaking us up into teams and evaluating how we acted in a team environment, which I thought was a brilliant way to do an interview. There were one on one interviews too, but also opportunities to talk to engineers that weren't involved in the recruiting process so that we could ask questions that wouldn't reflect on us as candidates. Can't say enough good things about the process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were writing a book on organization skills, what would be the chapter titles.   View Answer
    No negotiation. IP was clearly the best offer I had, so it was an easy decision. They asked us to fill out a form for what locations (mills) would be acceptable to us, and I'd encourage you to not say any location is unacceptable. If you want to have a career at IP, you *will* move around, and being opposed to that is only going to limit your opportunities in the company.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at International Paper in April 2010.

Interviewed during the recession. Multiple interviews were required. Treated very fairly and interviews were relaxed and professional. No trick questions - they just wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Initial interview was acquired with the good word placed by a family friend who had worked their many years.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company with your background?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the salary. It was during the recession. It was a fair offer and compensation has increased nicely since.

Systems Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Paper in June 2013.

Had phone call from Manager over dept. Did Phone interview had good experience. Was asked technical questions regarding Active Directory and Windows server. Did personality interview questions. Then chatted for a minute. Manager seemed to really enjoy working there and made me want to work there. Was called a few days later asked for face to face with team. Sat down at players club parkway with 10-11 guys and everyone was very fun and great. Tough IT questions some of them advanced and some were basic skills and I missed some of them!!! ugg. But overall team was very meshed and seems like somewhere I would love to work and learn from those guys.

Interview Questions
    • Its the simple ones that get you but I don't want to let cat out of bag as others may get asked same questions. Just don't over think your answers.   View Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Paper in November 2011.

The hiring process was very intense first was on campus interviews with two representatives with the company. If you were able to impress the interviewers on campus you would be invited to go 1 of 3 locations close to an IP mills. Here you would go through 3 day cycle of interviews, exercises, and tours.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was the group activity, especially when everyone is trying to look like a leader.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in January 2010.

Internal promotion. Applied via job applicant software. Hiring manager was known to me. My manager contacted hiring manger and encouraged hiring manger to talk with me. I was one of three candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you've ever done (in this business or elsewhere)?   Answer Question
    Slight raise. Since this was internal there wasn't much to negotiate.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!