International Paper

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Supply Chain Entry Level Interview

I applied on campus and had a campus interview. It was a typical interview - the initial interview was made to screen candidates. With my strong academic record and interview experience, I was invited to the next step of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to get this job, what would be the first five things you do when you arrive at the office?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

Applied online and got a job interview on campus. Mostly behavioral stuff with a focus on your professional experience. Before the interview I had to fill out a form showing that I was a US citizen and was able to work and travel and listed some references. Fairly short interview with the guy interviewing me writing down snippets of my responses. Most questions wanted answers in the form: 1) what was the problem 2) what was the action 3)what was the solution

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to solve a difficult problem by primarily asking questions   Answer Question

General Mechanic Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

There is a very difficult test that must be passed and it takes 5 hours to complete. This is a new addition to the hiring process that was started two or three years ago. Of the hundreds of applicants that took it less than twenty passed it in this last hiring phase.

Interview Questions
    • I was told by some of the newly hired employees that there was a lot of emphasis on welding on the entry test. There is also a fairly large math section.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

On campus interviews with invitation for plant interviews.

COOP Engineering Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

My college put on an interview day, and International Paper was one of the companies I signed up to speak with. The interview was with two people for 30 minutes at a table surrounded by tables with other companies giving interviews. The interviewers were friendly and warm, but they read straight from a list of questions the whole time and never really deviated from it. Mostly they asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced disappointment at school or work.   Answer Question

IT Business Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

Behavioral questions and tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with change management or process management   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Supply Chain Intern Interview

on-campus interview

Process Control Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Paper.

Used networking to get noticed inside the company. Received a phone call from the supervisor of the department. Was mailed an offer.

Take it

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at International Paper.

Good overall process, but with long gaps without effective communication. Straight forward process with phone screen, hiring manager interview, peer interview, and panel interview.

Offer delivered via. Fedex. The offer package has benefit information, but not the cost of the benefits. You will need to determine the cost of the benefit with HR.

Interview Questions
    • No real tough ones, but some of the "tell me about a time" questions that are standard HR questions that can be tough if you aren't prepared.   Answer Question

Salary was competitive with other F500 positions, but the cost of benefits was higher at IP. The 401k match, while good, was less than other companies with pension replacement programs.

IP didn't seem to have room to negotiate salary, at least with professional positions they seem to come out at the top of their range if you have a master's degree. They were willing to negotiate on vacation weeks and signing bonus.

Process Engineer Interview

Talked to a representative at my university career fair. The conversation went well and the representative seemed to be interested/impressed. About a week later I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview must also went well as I was asked to attend an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you needed to make a difficult decision.   View Answer