International Paper

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Paper in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had phone call from Manager over dept. Did Phone interview had good experience. Was asked technical questions regarding Active Directory and Windows server. Did personality interview questions. Then chatted for a minute. Manager seemed to really enjoy working there and made me want to work there. Was called a few days later asked for face to face with team. Sat down at players club parkway with 10-11 guys and everyone was very fun and great. Tough IT questions some of them advanced and some were basic skills and I missed some of them!!! ugg. But overall team was very meshed and seems like somewhere I would love to work and learn from those guys.

Interview Question – Its the simple ones that get you but I don't want to let cat out of bag as others may get asked same questions. Just don't over think your answers.   View Answer

Management Program Interview

Management Program
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me. I was asked to come in for an interview. There was a panel of individuals and we had a great talk. We seemed to hit it off. It also seemed as if we were both unsure if I'd really like the role. However, they never reached out or responded to email with feedback, status, or a rejection.

Interview Question – We're not sure this position would interest you.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at International Paper in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process took very long. Went through a series of three interviews with long waits between each interview. Met with local sales manager, then HR and sales manager, then the area manager. Also had to take a personality profile test as well.

Interview Question – The questions were relatively straightforward, and nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some minor negotiations allowed, but they were fairly set on their number.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interviewed at International Paper

Interview Details – on-campus interview

Interview Question – What is the biggest challenge of your current job   Answer Question

Manufacturing Management Associate Interview

Manufacturing Management Associate
Eighty Four, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initially started with a phone interview asking for my preferences and also some basic questions about my background.

The on-site interview was a group interview with 3 managers and 1 HR. They mainly focused on how I can related my past experiences to their requirements. Knowledge about the position duties is essential. One should be able to stress on the aspects that are related to this positon and would match with IP's policies.

Interview Question – "Do you mind getting your hands dirty?" Was a tricky one.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Supply Planner
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at International Paper in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed during the recession. Multiple interviews were required. Treated very fairly and interviews were relaxed and professional. No trick questions - they just wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Initial interview was acquired with the good word placed by a family friend who had worked their many years.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company with your background?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on the salary. It was during the recession. It was a fair offer and compensation has increased nicely since.

IT Business Specialist Interview

IT Business Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions and tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – How to deal with change management or process management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – drug test, prior work history check up

REACH Engineer Interview

REACH Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – I was invited to a recruitment/interview event in Louisiana. It consisted of two behavioral type interviews and a group exercise. There was also a career fair where each of the plant locations had booths set up so you could talk to some of the people employed at the plants in order to gauge if a specific plant was a good fit for you.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Corrugator Supervisor Interview

Corrugator Supervisor
Union Gap, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at International Paper in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in August 2012 and got a phone call a couple days later. I tried several times to reach the recruiter and there was no return correspondence. I then recieved another call from the same recruiter 4 months later for the same job. He set up a phone screen for me with a local recruiter which went very well. A couple of weeks later I was scheduled for an onsite interview at the facility in Union Gap, WA. The interview started out just fine then I began to be interrupted by one or both of the interviewers mid sentence while giving answers so they could enjoy inside jokes amongst themselves. This happened throughout the interview. Once it was my turn to ask questions, I only managed to spit out three mundane questions before throwing in the towel in frustration. I received a job offer on the phone a week later but could not get specifics on basic information such as shift, schedule or benefits when I asked. I declined the offer.

Interview Question – How do you build trust in a union environment?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was declined because of the poor listening skills demonstrated by the interviewers during the interview. I was also unable to get a straight answer about what shif or hours I would be asked to work. The HR representative also failed to follow up with pertinent benefits information in a timely manner as was promised. Overall, very bad experience on my part.

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Paper