International Paper Interview Questions

2.9

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

A recruiter contacted me and I was going to interview, but then was told the position had been filled. I was later contacted by a different recruiter with the same job specifications. I was then asked if I would be willing to relocate. The recruiter asked questions about dealing with personnel and when I would be available to start. I also had to give three references for him to contact.

The recruiter then passed my info on to the HR manager and set up a 30 to 45 min phone interview for me.

At the end of the phone interview I was told by the HR manager that he would like me to come to the plant the following week.

The interview process was very quick. The managers interviewed me multiple times and I found it very redundant.The Plant Manager asked for a lot of specific details regarding my resume.

I had to go back on the next week for a final interview. The managers I had already interviewed with the previous visit interviewed me again in a panel interview. They asked the same type of questions.

Once this was completed, I had to take a personality assessment. This was about 100 questions. I was given the drug testing at that time and then sent the final offer over email.

Interview Questions
    • It was a lot of the same questions over and over again. You had to know what you were talking about obviously. The plant manager asked for a lot of details on the specifics of my resume. If interviewed by the plant manager, be ready to talk specifics with him.   Answer Question
    They made a good offer, so I did not counter. However, in retrospect I should have negotiated more vacation time due the nature of the shift work.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at International Paper in January 2014.

I was called in to do an interview for one Financial Analyst position. There were multiple openings so they changed it to a group interview when I got there. First interview went well. I was then called in to do a second interview for one of the positions. I thought it went well. Questions were fairly the same. Experience, tell me about yourself, etc...There were some "what would you do in this situation" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were faced with 2 equally important tasks that your manager needed done asap?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Paper.

I was called for an interview after successfully passing a test at the local department of labor. I was ask what department I wanted to work in but was then told that only one department was hiring. I had a great experience with HR and they called me back in two days saying I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was over 22 years ago so I can not recall any difficult questions. They were excited with my test scores and seemed really interested in my ability to do a good job.   Answer Question

Reserve Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Courtland, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Courtland, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

I actually had 2 interviews before I was hired. It has been so long that I can't remember my initial interview questions, because back in the 1970's things were different than they are now.

Do you want the job?

REACH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Met International Paper at a campus career fair. Received an on-campus interview and then an on-site interview.

The on-campus interview was a typical screening interview, mostly behavior focused questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a 1 on 2 interview with the 2 people being from HR. Within a week of that I received an email with 2 dates for onsite interviews.

The on-site interview was awesome. IP goes all out on recruitment events for REACH engineers. It was at a 4 star hotel near one of their paper mills, 3 day event. First day was a "speed networking" activity, dinner, and then a career fair activity with all of the mills represented. The fair was treated just like a career fair and you walk around and have a chance to talk to all of the mills and sell yourself to them. Next day starts with a mill tour and a panel of REACH engineers for asking questions. Next there was interviews, 1 on 1 and 1 on 2. The 1 on 1 is with high management (mill manager) and the 2 on 1 is with HR and a engineering manager or an engineer. There was also a group, team activity involving you and a team trying to figure out a situation. Normally with having to give certain items priority over other items in a gillions island situation. It is done with many people closely watching you. One member of your team is pulled away every so often for a 1 on 1 interview with team and leader questions.

Each meal at the on-site interview you are put with different people from IP so you can meet as many people as possible. Tons of opportunities to ask questions, you'll run out. Really awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, blew my other offers out of the water. Be very open to all mill locations.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

They will give you a first round interview in your school and if you are good enough they will invite you to on-site interview. It will be about 4 rounds and they take a whole day long. After a week of your interview they will inform you either by phone or email if you get it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about one situation and you know you can't solve the problem and what did you do/   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

I learned about International Paper at my college career fair. Within a couple of minutes of talking to the people around the career booth, I was taken to a different room and had an interview with the main guy. It was fairly straight forward with the questions being purely behavioral. Over good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why would we hire you over other candidates.   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Mainly, They like to hire from inside for supervisors. If no one makes it through the interviews internally then they will hire from outside the company. The interview process has 3 steps. One with the department manager and Human Resourses Manager. the second is with the assistant plant manager and the third is with the plant manager. They will ask questions based off your resume about leadership skills. The interviews are not very lengthy al all.

Interview Questions
    • Playing senerios. They will give you a situation and ask how you would handle it.   Answer Question
    Just to negotiate your pay. I was satisfied with what they offered so i accepted on the spot.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Got recruited through a career fair. Had an on campus interview and was invited to an on site interview. The on site consisted of a ton of networking events, a facility tour, two interviews
    (one 1 on 1, one 2 on 1) and a team activity in which recruiters observed how you work on a team. A very exhausting/stressful few days but extremely informative and well put together.

Still waiting to hear back on an offer.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

On Campus Interview