International Paper

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.9

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

Applied online through career services. Had an on-campus interview with a senior manager. I was then invited to the 2-day blitz event. The first day included: an introduction of senior managers, an IP-campus tour, and hotel mixer. "You could tell at the mixer by the managers approaching you where you would end up if picked!" The second day was a mix of two interviews (panel-style) and a 'survival activity' with a group of other students. In the activity, they just wanted to see how you work in a group. The day concluded with a talk from the HR manager. He informed us that we would hear something either way in two-week.

That was true for some. However, I was contacted an entire month later by email with a denial. You would think that after waiting a month they would at least call seeing that many of those that interviewed with you were offered jobs. Meaning, I was one of a very small few that wasn't offered. I'm ok with that though. Not bitter....but I walked around nearly two days with a misspelled name tag. A call would have been nice!

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level position but they asked a lot of questions about:
      Technical skills, SAP, Route Cause...and etc.

Answer Question

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at International Paper.

Good overall process, but with long gaps without effective communication. Straight forward process with phone screen, hiring manager interview, peer interview, and panel interview.

Offer delivered via. Fedex. The offer package has benefit information, but not the cost of the benefits. You will need to determine the cost of the benefit with HR.

Interview Questions
    • No real tough ones, but some of the "tell me about a time" questions that are standard HR questions that can be tough if you aren't prepared.   Answer Question

Salary was competitive with other F500 positions, but the cost of benefits was higher at IP. The 401k match, while good, was less than other companies with pension replacement programs.

IP didn't seem to have room to negotiate salary, at least with professional positions they seem to come out at the top of their range if you have a master's degree. They were willing to negotiate on vacation weeks and signing bonus.

Materials Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper.

Very Easy, interviewed with the department manager. The process can take a while from interview to offer.

Interview Questions
    I was given an offer and I accepted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

Recruiter contacted me and conducted a 30 minute phone interview. In person was a panel interview with 4 interviewers. Covered 25-30 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview process was when 1 of the 4 interviewers, the hiring manager, fell asleep during the interview. Seriously. That's the level of respect and professionalism I was shown by IP. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Process Control Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Paper.

Used networking to get noticed inside the company. Received a phone call from the supervisor of the department. Was mailed an offer.

Take it

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Paper in June 2013.

Had phone call from Manager over dept. Did Phone interview had good experience. Was asked technical questions regarding Active Directory and Windows server. Did personality interview questions. Then chatted for a minute. Manager seemed to really enjoy working there and made me want to work there. Was called a few days later asked for face to face with team. Sat down at players club parkway with 10-11 guys and everyone was very fun and great. Tough IT questions some of them advanced and some were basic skills and I missed some of them!!! ugg. But overall team was very meshed and seems like somewhere I would love to work and learn from those guys.

Interview Questions
    • Its the simple ones that get you but I don't want to let cat out of bag as others may get asked same questions. Just don't over think your answers.   View Answer

Supply Chain Intern Interview

on-campus interview

Manufacturing Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eighty Four, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at International Paper in April 2013.

Initially started with a phone interview asking for my preferences and also some basic questions about my background.

The on-site interview was a group interview with 3 managers and 1 HR. They mainly focused on how I can related my past experiences to their requirements. Knowledge about the position duties is essential. One should be able to stress on the aspects that are related to this positon and would match with IP's policies.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you mind getting your hands dirty?" Was a tricky one.   Answer Question

IT Business Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

Behavioral questions and tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with change management or process management   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Production Worker Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at International Paper.

drug test, prior work history check up