International Paper

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Supply Chain Associate
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in November 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair where International Paper was present. I did an interview on campus which was very fast paced. I then was asked to fly to Memphis for a more in depth interview. They call this the blitz, they do it every year. They fly so many students down and have a social meeting, interviews (most likely 6), and then a night out in Memphis with current employees. The interviews were pretty easy, normal questions about tell me a time when, but mostly just them getting to know you. This was by far my favorite of about 100 interviews I did. Very relaxed environment for such a large company. I participated in the blitz this year as a current employee and really enjoyed it.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult, they do not try to stump you in the interview process from my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a position level system, based on what number you are there is only a range you can make. Everything is pretty standard and there is not a lot of room for negotiation.

Supply Planner Interview

Supply Planner
Memphis, TN

I interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Interview Details – They will give you a first round interview in your school and if you are good enough they will invite you to on-site interview. It will be about 4 rounds and they take a whole day long. After a week of your interview they will inform you either by phone or email if you get it.

Interview Question – Talk about one situation and you know you can't solve the problem and what did you do/   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate.

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through the Company's interview process for upcoming college graduates. I attended the interview dinner the night before and 3 interviews the next day. All of the questions asked were primarily behavioral and about the Company. I found the process to be great overall. I ended up getting an offer from International Paper but had already accepted another one.

Interview Question – Was asked specific questions about the Company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already accepted another offer by the time I received the one from IP.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in January 2010.

Interview Details – Internal promotion. Applied via job applicant software. Hiring manager was known to me. My manager contacted hiring manger and encouraged hiring manger to talk with me. I was one of three candidates.

Interview Question – What is the most creative thing you've ever done (in this business or elsewhere)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight raise. Since this was internal there wasn't much to negotiate.

Transportation Planner Interview

Transportation Planner
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through career services. Had an on-campus interview with a senior manager. I was then invited to the 2-day blitz event. The first day included: an introduction of senior managers, an IP-campus tour, and hotel mixer. "You could tell at the mixer by the managers approaching you where you would end up if picked!" The second day was a mix of two interviews (panel-style) and a 'survival activity' with a group of other students. In the activity, they just wanted to see how you work in a group. The day concluded with a talk from the HR manager. He informed us that we would hear something either way in two-week.

That was true for some. However, I was contacted an entire month later by email with a denial. You would think that after waiting a month they would at least call seeing that many of those that interviewed with you were offered jobs. Meaning, I was one of a very small few that wasn't offered. I'm ok with that though. Not bitter....but I walked around nearly two days with a misspelled name tag. A call would have been nice!

Interview Question – This was an entry level position but they asked a lot of questions about:
Technical skills, SAP, Route Cause...and etc.
  Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

Interview Details – On Campus Interview

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Network Architect Interview

Network Architect
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – Good overall process, but with long gaps without effective communication. Straight forward process with phone screen, hiring manager interview, peer interview, and panel interview.

Offer delivered via. Fedex. The offer package has benefit information, but not the cost of the benefits. You will need to determine the cost of the benefit with HR.

Interview Question – No real tough ones, but some of the "tell me about a time" questions that are standard HR questions that can be tough if you aren't prepared.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was competitive with other F500 positions, but the cost of benefits was higher at IP. The 401k match, while good, was less than other companies with pension replacement programs.

IP didn't seem to have room to negotiate salary, at least with professional positions they seem to come out at the top of their range if you have a master's degree. They were willing to negotiate on vacation weeks and signing bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and conducted a 30 minute phone interview. In person was a panel interview with 4 interviewers. Covered 25-30 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the interview process was when 1 of the 4 interviewers, the hiring manager, fell asleep during the interview. Seriously. That's the level of respect and professionalism I was shown by IP. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Supply Planner
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at International Paper in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed during the recession. Multiple interviews were required. Treated very fairly and interviews were relaxed and professional. No trick questions - they just wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Initial interview was acquired with the good word placed by a family friend who had worked their many years.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company with your background?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on the salary. It was during the recession. It was a fair offer and compensation has increased nicely since.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at International Paper.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and I had a phone interview with International Paper, within five days I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by the manager and the team members who I would work with if I received the job.

Interview Question – What problems have I faced at my current job that I could not fix.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Paper

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!