International Paper

3.2

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper.

The process was very long and thorough. It took over two months and with four interviews ( two phone screens, and two face - to - face interviews on site, including VP. I can appreciate the process but there was no follow up unless it was prompted. The final outcome was disappointing after over two and half months but understandable.

Interview Questions
    • It was behavioral based so there was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

They will give you a first round interview in your school and if you are good enough they will invite you to on-site interview. It will be about 4 rounds and they take a whole day long. After a week of your interview they will inform you either by phone or email if you get it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about one situation and you know you can't solve the problem and what did you do/   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

On Campus Interview

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

Applied online through career services. Had an on-campus interview with a senior manager. I was then invited to the 2-day blitz event. The first day included: an introduction of senior managers, an IP-campus tour, and hotel mixer. "You could tell at the mixer by the managers approaching you where you would end up if picked!" The second day was a mix of two interviews (panel-style) and a 'survival activity' with a group of other students. In the activity, they just wanted to see how you work in a group. The day concluded with a talk from the HR manager. He informed us that we would hear something either way in two-week.

That was true for some. However, I was contacted an entire month later by email with a denial. You would think that after waiting a month they would at least call seeing that many of those that interviewed with you were offered jobs. Meaning, I was one of a very small few that wasn't offered. I'm ok with that though. Not bitter....but I walked around nearly two days with a misspelled name tag. A call would have been nice!

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level position but they asked a lot of questions about:
      Technical skills, SAP, Route Cause...and etc.

Answer Question

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at International Paper.

Good overall process, but with long gaps without effective communication. Straight forward process with phone screen, hiring manager interview, peer interview, and panel interview.

Offer delivered via. Fedex. The offer package has benefit information, but not the cost of the benefits. You will need to determine the cost of the benefit with HR.

Interview Questions
    • No real tough ones, but some of the "tell me about a time" questions that are standard HR questions that can be tough if you aren't prepared.   Answer Question

Salary was competitive with other F500 positions, but the cost of benefits was higher at IP. The 401k match, while good, was less than other companies with pension replacement programs.

IP didn't seem to have room to negotiate salary, at least with professional positions they seem to come out at the top of their range if you have a master's degree. They were willing to negotiate on vacation weeks and signing bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Paper.

Recruiter contacted me and conducted a 30 minute phone interview. In person was a panel interview with 4 interviewers. Covered 25-30 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview process was when 1 of the 4 interviewers, the hiring manager, fell asleep during the interview. Seriously. That's the level of respect and professionalism I was shown by IP. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at International Paper.

I was contacted by a recruiter and I had a phone interview with International Paper, within five days I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by the manager and the team members who I would work with if I received the job.

Interview Questions
    • What problems have I faced at my current job that I could not fix.   View Answer

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in November 2012.

I went to a career fair where International Paper was present. I did an interview on campus which was very fast paced. I then was asked to fly to Memphis for a more in depth interview. They call this the blitz, they do it every year. They fly so many students down and have a social meeting, interviews (most likely 6), and then a night out in Memphis with current employees. The interviews were pretty easy, normal questions about tell me a time when, but mostly just them getting to know you. This was by far my favorite of about 100 interviews I did. Very relaxed environment for such a large company. I participated in the blitz this year as a current employee and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult, they do not try to stump you in the interview process from my experience.   Answer Question
    They have a position level system, based on what number you are there is only a range you can make. Everything is pretty standard and there is not a lot of room for negotiation.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper in February 2012.

Their interview process was fantastic. They flew a group of college grads out to do what they refer to as an interview blitz. The night before the blitz, we had a dinner event with many of the interviewers. It really cut the stress level for all the applicants.

The next day consisted of over 5 interviews crammed into the same day. It was taxing but rewarding. Everyone was considerate, relaxed, and easy going.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Paper in February 2012.

Phone interview through internal headhunter then talk with hiring manager then. Possible meet with hiring group