International Paper

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at International Paper.

The process was very long and thorough. It took over two months and with four interviews ( two phone screens, and two face - to - face interviews on site, including VP. I can appreciate the process but there was no follow up unless it was prompted. The final outcome was disappointing after over two and half months but understandable.

Interview Questions
    • It was behavioral based so there was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in November 2012.

I went to a career fair where International Paper was present. I did an interview on campus which was very fast paced. I then was asked to fly to Memphis for a more in depth interview. They call this the blitz, they do it every year. They fly so many students down and have a social meeting, interviews (most likely 6), and then a night out in Memphis with current employees. The interviews were pretty easy, normal questions about tell me a time when, but mostly just them getting to know you. This was by far my favorite of about 100 interviews I did. Very relaxed environment for such a large company. I participated in the blitz this year as a current employee and really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult, they do not try to stump you in the interview process from my experience.   Answer Question
    They have a position level system, based on what number you are there is only a range you can make. Everything is pretty standard and there is not a lot of room for negotiation.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

They will give you a first round interview in your school and if you are good enough they will invite you to on-site interview. It will be about 4 rounds and they take a whole day long. After a week of your interview they will inform you either by phone or email if you get it.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about one situation and you know you can't solve the problem and what did you do/   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2011.

I went through the Company's interview process for upcoming college graduates. I attended the interview dinner the night before and 3 interviews the next day. All of the questions asked were primarily behavioral and about the Company. I found the process to be great overall. I ended up getting an offer from International Paper but had already accepted another one.

Interview Questions

I had already accepted another offer by the time I received the one from IP.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at International Paper in January 2010.

Internal promotion. Applied via job applicant software. Hiring manager was known to me. My manager contacted hiring manger and encouraged hiring manger to talk with me. I was one of three candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you've ever done (in this business or elsewhere)?   Answer Question
    Slight raise. Since this was internal there wasn't much to negotiate.

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

Applied online through career services. Had an on-campus interview with a senior manager. I was then invited to the 2-day blitz event. The first day included: an introduction of senior managers, an IP-campus tour, and hotel mixer. "You could tell at the mixer by the managers approaching you where you would end up if picked!" The second day was a mix of two interviews (panel-style) and a 'survival activity' with a group of other students. In the activity, they just wanted to see how you work in a group. The day concluded with a talk from the HR manager. He informed us that we would hear something either way in two-week.

That was true for some. However, I was contacted an entire month later by email with a denial. You would think that after waiting a month they would at least call seeing that many of those that interviewed with you were offered jobs. Meaning, I was one of a very small few that wasn't offered. I'm ok with that though. Not bitter....but I walked around nearly two days with a misspelled name tag. A call would have been nice!

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level position but they asked a lot of questions about:
      Technical skills, SAP, Route Cause...and etc.
        Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in October 2013.

On Campus Interview

Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online - interviewed at International Paper.

Good overall process, but with long gaps without effective communication. Straight forward process with phone screen, hiring manager interview, peer interview, and panel interview.

Offer delivered via. Fedex. The offer package has benefit information, but not the cost of the benefits. You will need to determine the cost of the benefit with HR.

Interview Questions
    • No real tough ones, but some of the "tell me about a time" questions that are standard HR questions that can be tough if you aren't prepared.   Answer Question

Salary was competitive with other F500 positions, but the cost of benefits was higher at IP. The 401k match, while good, was less than other companies with pension replacement programs.

IP didn't seem to have room to negotiate salary, at least with professional positions they seem to come out at the top of their range if you have a master's degree. They were willing to negotiate on vacation weeks and signing bonus.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Paper.

Recruiter contacted me and conducted a 30 minute phone interview. In person was a panel interview with 4 interviewers. Covered 25-30 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of the interview process was when 1 of the 4 interviewers, the hiring manager, fell asleep during the interview. Seriously. That's the level of respect and professionalism I was shown by IP. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at International Paper in April 2010.

Interviewed during the recession. Multiple interviews were required. Treated very fairly and interviews were relaxed and professional. No trick questions - they just wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the company. Initial interview was acquired with the good word placed by a family friend who had worked their many years.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the company with your background?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the salary. It was during the recession. It was a fair offer and compensation has increased nicely since.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!