International Paper

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at International Paper

Interview Details – Talked to a representative at my university career fair. The conversation went well and the representative seemed to be interested/impressed. About a week later I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview must also went well as I was asked to attend an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you needed to make a difficult decision.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2010.

Interview Details – One of the most unique interview processes I have seen. College interview is a panel interview at the college. This interview is the cut off for the second round of interviews. IP invites the second round candidates to a mill site for two days. The process consists of dinners, group and individual interviews and a final tour.

Interview Question – How did you handle a conflict situation in a team setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Could be done though specially if you have another offer.

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at International Paper in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview after dropping a resume off at their booth at the school career fair. It was a half hour interview with two people. They were both from HR as opposed to engineers, and they didn't know much about the specifics of the job. They were mostly interested in filling out as much as possible on their interview sheets, which contained all of their predetermined questions.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have in a manufacturing environment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Paper

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Paper Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by International Paper employees and interview candidates.