International Paper

3.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Met International Paper at a campus career fair. Received an on-campus interview and then an on-site interview.

The on-campus interview was a typical screening interview, mostly behavior focused questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a 1 on 2 interview with the 2 people being from HR. Within a week of that I received an email with 2 dates for onsite interviews.

The on-site interview was awesome. IP goes all out on recruitment events for REACH engineers. It was at a 4 star hotel near one of their paper mills, 3 day event. First day was a "speed networking" activity, dinner, and then a career fair activity with all of the mills represented. The fair was treated just like a career fair and you walk around and have a chance to talk to all of the mills and sell yourself to them. Next day starts with a mill tour and a panel of REACH engineers for asking questions. Next there was interviews, 1 on 1 and 1 on 2. The 1 on 1 is with high management (mill manager) and the 2 on 1 is with HR and a engineering manager or an engineer. There was also a group, team activity involving you and a team trying to figure out a situation. Normally with having to give certain items priority over other items in a gillions island situation. It is done with many people closely watching you. One member of your team is pulled away every so often for a 1 on 1 interview with team and leader questions.

Each meal at the on-site interview you are put with different people from IP so you can meet as many people as possible. Tons of opportunities to ask questions, you'll run out. Really awesome experience.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, blew my other offers out of the water. Be very open to all mill locations.

Other Interview Reviews for International Paper

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Got recruited through a career fair. Had an on campus interview and was invited to an on site interview. The on site consisted of a ton of networking events, a facility tour, two interviews
    (one 1 on 1, one 2 on 1) and a team activity in which recruiters observed how you work on a team. A very exhausting/stressful few days but extremely informative and well put together.

Still waiting to hear back on an offer.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Paper.

I was invited to a recruitment/interview event in Louisiana. It consisted of two behavioral type interviews and a group exercise. There was also a career fair where each of the plant locations had booths set up so you could talk to some of the people employed at the plants in order to gauge if a specific plant was a good fit for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mansfield, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, LA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at International Paper in October 2009.

International Paper was very organized in sending me information to be ready for the interview process. They explained everything very well. Many recruiters were at the interview site for the two days to talk to. I learned a lot about the company and the position, as well as, about the different paper mill locations across the U.S. I had a 2 on 1 interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. I also had team building exercises which were stressful but also exciting. The recruiters were very nice and we got a chance to have dinner with them to network and really pick their brain about working for International Paper. I was just very disappointed that I did not get a job offer. I would have truly enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a situation where you felt motivated to work on a project that you were not asked to do and you went for it.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at International Paper.

On campus interviews with invitation for plant interviews.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at International Paper in October 2012.

Overall wonderful experience. Had a campus interview and was invited to a two day event (at their expense) at one of their mills. The event was wonderfully put on. I got to network with recruiters, managers, and even got to meet one of the VPs of the company. Part of the interview process was breaking us up into teams and evaluating how we acted in a team environment, which I thought was a brilliant way to do an interview. There were one on one interviews too, but also opportunities to talk to engineers that weren't involved in the recruiting process so that we could ask questions that wouldn't reflect on us as candidates. Can't say enough good things about the process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were writing a book on organization skills, what would be the chapter titles.   View Answer
    No negotiation. IP was clearly the best offer I had, so it was an easy decision. They asked us to fill out a form for what locations (mills) would be acceptable to us, and I'd encourage you to not say any location is unacceptable. If you want to have a career at IP, you *will* move around, and being opposed to that is only going to limit your opportunities in the company.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!