International Paper

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

REACH Engineer Interview

On-campus interview after career fair and 3-day onsite recruiting event. The onsite event included several interviews, a team activity, speed networking, networking dinners and lunches, and a mill tour.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time when you made the wrong decision at work or in a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for International Paper

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper.

Applied through university career fair. Interview was a typical personality based interview. Interviewers were nice but also seemed to be observing everything you say to find a flaw. I probably wasn't as experience in the field the were looking for as other candidates which is why I believe to have not received a second round invitation because the interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question just typical stuff like here's a situation in the workplace how would you react.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in October 2014.

Found IP online, applied and got a call back. I knew someone who recently got hired. I figured I would check to see if IP had a program for recent grads. HR and I got in touch. Then I had a phone interview. After that, IP flew me down to a very well-done recruiting event in Georgia. The next week, I got a great offer, flew down to the mill, and decided to accept.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to describe a time in past work experience where I messed up.   Answer Question
    IP salary was competitive with other companies. I really liked the on-site mill visit and the people, that convinced me to take this offer.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper in October 2014.

They came to my school to do initial interviews, ~30min long. Immediately after I got invited to go to an onsite interview. At the onsite about 100 over students were also invited. I was put in a Marriott and they a whole agenda planned out for the next 2 days. The first night was speed dating and a mini career fair for all the different locations. The second day was a mill tour and two ~45 min interviews. I chose which locations I was most interested in. The next day I had breakfast and talked to employees one last night. Great experience.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Paper in September 2014.

Went to an information session and gave them my resume and next day met with them at the career fair and was given an interview. It seems like they took in many interviews and the biggest thing they required was a hard 2.8 GPA. They were all very nice and the group helping people included 2 previous students from the university that were there to help you do your best. The interview was on campus and was with a HR person as well as a seasoned engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Met International Paper at a campus career fair. Received an on-campus interview and then an on-site interview.

The on-campus interview was a typical screening interview, mostly behavior focused questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was a 1 on 2 interview with the 2 people being from HR. Within a week of that I received an email with 2 dates for onsite interviews.

The on-site interview was awesome. IP goes all out on recruitment events for REACH engineers. It was at a 4 star hotel near one of their paper mills, 3 day event. First day was a "speed networking" activity, dinner, and then a career fair activity with all of the mills represented. The fair was treated just like a career fair and you walk around and have a chance to talk to all of the mills and sell yourself to them. Next day starts with a mill tour and a panel of REACH engineers for asking questions. Next there was interviews, 1 on 1 and 1 on 2. The 1 on 1 is with high management (mill manager) and the 2 on 1 is with HR and a engineering manager or an engineer. There was also a group, team activity involving you and a team trying to figure out a situation. Normally with having to give certain items priority over other items in a gillions island situation. It is done with many people closely watching you. One member of your team is pulled away every so often for a 1 on 1 interview with team and leader questions.

Each meal at the on-site interview you are put with different people from IP so you can meet as many people as possible. Tons of opportunities to ask questions, you'll run out. Really awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, blew my other offers out of the water. Be very open to all mill locations.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper in November 2013.

Got recruited through a career fair. Had an on campus interview and was invited to an on site interview. The on site consisted of a ton of networking events, a facility tour, two interviews
    (one 1 on 1, one 2 on 1) and a team activity in which recruiters observed how you work on a team. A very exhausting/stressful few days but extremely informative and well put together.

Still waiting to hear back on an offer.

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

I was invited to a recruitment/interview event in Louisiana. It consisted of two behavioral type interviews and a group exercise. There was also a career fair where each of the plant locations had booths set up so you could talk to some of the people employed at the plants in order to gauge if a specific plant was a good fit for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, LA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper in October 2009.

International Paper was very organized in sending me information to be ready for the interview process. They explained everything very well. Many recruiters were at the interview site for the two days to talk to. I learned a lot about the company and the position, as well as, about the different paper mill locations across the U.S. I had a 2 on 1 interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. I also had team building exercises which were stressful but also exciting. The recruiters were very nice and we got a chance to have dinner with them to network and really pick their brain about working for International Paper. I was just very disappointed that I did not get a job offer. I would have truly enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a situation where you felt motivated to work on a project that you were not asked to do and you went for it.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

On campus interviews with invitation for plant interviews.