International Rectifier

Relevance Date Difficulty

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Power Electronics Engineer
Providence, RI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at International Rectifier in January 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very helpful in the hiring process. My only telephone interview was with the HR, I wish I had a phone interview with the technical engineering team before meeting them. The in-person interviews were very good but made me realize that it would not be a good match for me or the team. The technical questions were very good. The manager as well as the rest of the team made me feel home. I was not very keen on Providence, Rhode Island but the visit to the office and conversations with the team went a long way.

Interview Question – Flyback converter and buck-boost converter design models with some serious twists that I had not seen before.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was not a good fit for my specific career interests. I was interested in high power applications, and the group was low power products.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Warehouse Supervisor
Temecula, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rectifier in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very well handled. Walking into the company's building it was very professional. I was interviewed by 4 people from different departments. All of them were very knowledgeable about the position. They were very focused on the areas of concern about the position. They stuck to the scheduled that was prearranged. All interviewers were on time and very professional.

Interview Question – The first interviewer gave me a break down of the job then asked if i had questions. It took me off guard because even though he gave me a very detailed description he handle the most pressing question in his description.   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rectifier in October 2009.

Interview Details – I have interviewed several candidate. The most important points are two
1. You are interested in doing the job
2. You should not talk a lot about the salary

International rectifier is not good for promoting people, salary etc.

Interview Question – There are different questions but nothing very unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At that time I did not negotiate a lot. I needed a job badly. But I learned that there is not much that you can negotiate. if you ask for a lot they can withdraw their offer.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rectifier in October 2013.

Interview Details – They have interviews for a candidate one full day - 8 hrs.
There are 6 personnels taking your interview for 1 hr each.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rectifier in September 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from recruiter and next day i was having interview with panel. There was 3 interviewer and one HR. Interview Questions was pretty straight forward and easy to answer. Only one interviewer was good technically rest two was asking questions like fresher. One interviewer asked me a technical question but was himself confused for the answer.

Interview Question – one of the panel member asked me Why i want to join this company when I am already working with one of the good companies in USA. This was surprising. interviewer himself showed interest in joining my company.   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Cost Analyst
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Rectifier in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for opportunity online. Contacted a month or so later by recruiter. Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview by hiring manager. Then no additional contact. Beware, the firm seems to be very CPA and Big 4 oriented even for internal and management accounting or finance positions.... CPA should only be of value for external reporting and analysis roles....

Interview Question – Why would you like to work here?
What is your experience with SAP?
What is your knowledge of cost accounting?
  Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Rectifier.

Interview Details – My interview process took full day. I was quite surprised to have a daylong interview. Each of the colleagues and senior bosses had a face-face discussion for about one hour. they were asking about the technical details related to the position. Be sure you become familiar with the position before you go to interview. At last I met with HR. I was told that I will be informed of the decision in a week. Good news, I was selected.

Interview Question – Asked to explain the situations how I handled a problem and helped resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Most of the negotiation went though email and phone. First they sent me an offer and the negotiation starts from there. They were not very flexible in terms of pay negotiation and said what they offered was the best they could.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at International Rectifier in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring manager first contacted me for a phone interview. After that, I was invited for an on-site interview after about a week. The on-site interview took a whole day. Interviews were all one-to-one, and there were about 8 people in total, including one person from HR and the rest from the teams that I will be working with. Then, they contacted me about a week later to give me an offer.

Interview Question – what are the main device parameters that you should specify when running a SPICE model?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at International Rectifier in December 2008.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, and met many people including VPs and engineers

Negotiation Details – as is.

Very Easy Interview

Exchange 2010 Engineer Interview

Exchange 2010 Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rectifier in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a one hour block with two persons asking technical questions. The questions lacked depth and proper techniques to access my skill level. The interviewer's did not have good knowledge of their standing AD and email environment. The technology they plan on deploying I've been working with for several years. One short technical interview should not have been a determining factor to my employment.

Interview Question – These questions were pretty easy and predictable. At no point was I surprised at the questions being asked of me.   Answer Question

Worked for International Rectifier? Contribute to the Community!