International Rectifier

International Rectifier Interview Questions

2.8

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Rectifier in January 2014.

The interview process was very well handled. Walking into the company's building it was very professional. I was interviewed by 4 people from different departments. All of them were very knowledgeable about the position. They were very focused on the areas of concern about the position. They stuck to the scheduled that was prearranged. All interviewers were on time and very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The first interviewer gave me a break down of the job then asked if i had questions. It took me off guard because even though he gave me a very detailed description he handle the most pressing question in his description.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Rectifier in October 2013.

They have interviews for a candidate one full day - 8 hrs.
    There are 6 personnels taking your interview for 1 hr each.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Rectifier in September 2013.

I got a call from recruiter and next day i was having interview with panel. There was 3 interviewer and one HR. Interview Questions was pretty straight forward and easy to answer. Only one interviewer was good technically rest two was asking questions like fresher. One interviewer asked me a technical question but was himself confused for the answer.

Interview Questions
    • one of the panel member asked me Why i want to join this company when I am already working with one of the good companies in USA. This was surprising. interviewer himself showed interest in joining my company.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Rectifier.

My interview process took full day. I was quite surprised to have a daylong interview. Each of the colleagues and senior bosses had a face-face discussion for about one hour. they were asking about the technical details related to the position. Be sure you become familiar with the position before you go to interview. At last I met with HR. I was told that I will be informed of the decision in a week. Good news, I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain the situations how I handled a problem and helped resolve it.   Answer Question
    Most of the negotiation went though email and phone. First they sent me an offer and the negotiation starts from there. They were not very flexible in terms of pay negotiation and said what they offered was the best they could.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Rectifier in July 2013.

Applied for opportunity online. Contacted a month or so later by recruiter. Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview by hiring manager. Then no additional contact. Beware, the firm seems to be very CPA and Big 4 oriented even for internal and management accounting or finance positions.... CPA should only be of value for external reporting and analysis roles....

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work here?
      What is your experience with SAP?
      What is your knowledge of cost accounting?
        Answer Question

Exchange 2010 Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Rectifier in May 2012.

The interview consisted of a one hour block with two persons asking technical questions. The questions lacked depth and proper techniques to access my skill level. The interviewer's did not have good knowledge of their standing AD and email environment. The technology they plan on deploying I've been working with for several years. One short technical interview should not have been a determining factor to my employment.

Interview Questions
    • These questions were pretty easy and predictable. At no point was I surprised at the questions being asked of me.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at International Rectifier in November 2010.

The hiring process was straight forward. I applied for a position and within a few days I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Within 24 hours of the interview, I was contacted to schedule an on-site interview, which consisted of face-to-face meetings with 5 people. 2 days after the interview, I received an offer from the internal recruiter.

Interview Questions
    The offer was more than generous. I chose not to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Rectifier in June 2010.

People asked questions on the resume. Some small talks. Not really many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example that how you dealt with conflict between colleagues   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Rectifier in March 2010.

The initial phone interview went well and I was asked in for an in person interview. The in person interview was a panel interview with the manager I spoke to on the phone, another manager and the director. The manager asked the other why he was doing the in person interview because he already did the phone interview, and he said that he wanted to make sure the director thought his decision to bring me in was okay. Then when the director came in he didn't smile and wasn't all too pleasant and the two managers kept looking at him for approval and cues on how they should act. It didn't look like a healthy relationship and I think the director didn't trust the managers and probably micromanaged them and the managers looked almost scared of the director. The managers didn't ask questions but the director did all the talking. In the end I was not offered the position because they said my answers were evasive. The director asked me how I calculated NPV at my last job, so I told him the process of how I gathered the revenue stream estimates, expenditures, WACC, and all the rest of the information and the different departments and levels of management I interacted with. He apparently had wanted me to recite the NPV equation for him and because I didn't he decided I was evasive.

Interview Questions
    • After asking me about my biggest weakness the director said "okay, now tell me another one."   View Answer

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at International Rectifier in January 2010.

The recruiter was very helpful in the hiring process. My only telephone interview was with the HR, I wish I had a phone interview with the technical engineering team before meeting them. The in-person interviews were very good but made me realize that it would not be a good match for me or the team. The technical questions were very good. The manager as well as the rest of the team made me feel home. I was not very keen on Providence, Rhode Island but the visit to the office and conversations with the team went a long way.

Interview Questions
    • Flyback converter and buck-boost converter design models with some serious twists that I had not seen before.   View Answer

It was not a good fit for my specific career interests. I was interested in high power applications, and the group was low power products.