International Relief and Development

Candidate Interview Review

Associate Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Relief and Development in February 2011.

I was invited to apply by a current employ that I new from previous work. After my initial application IRD waited six weeks to contact me. The sector Director that I work under interviewed me along with a future colleague. They both had read my resume, but they were clear what they were looking for. I would recommend coming into an interview ready to answer random technical questions but also ready to guide your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate, though IRD really needed me to join and join quickly. IRD's HR department does not understand compensation, and they are deliberately stingy. They will low ball you. Through very little negotiation I was able to receive about 23% higher than what was offered.