International Relief and Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Program Officer Interview

Associate Program Officer
Rosslyn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at International Relief and Development in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to apply by a current employ that I new from previous work. After my initial application IRD waited six weeks to contact me. The sector Director that I work under interviewed me along with a future colleague. They both had read my resume, but they were clear what they were looking for. I would recommend coming into an interview ready to answer random technical questions but also ready to guide your interviewer.

Interview Question – Technical questions about small grants programs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, though IRD really needed me to join and join quickly. IRD's HR department does not understand compensation, and they are deliberately stingy. They will low ball you. Through very little negotiation I was able to receive about 23% higher than what was offered.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for International Relief and Development? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Relief and Development interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by International Relief and Development employees and interview candidates.