International Rescue Committee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website and a recruiter got in touch with me within a couple of days. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, mostly about my past experience, and then had an in person interview with the Hiring Manager. The second interview was more of a casual conversation about my experience and my interest in the region.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this particular region.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview Details – I was offered the position following the departure of someone else. The decision to offer me the job was based on my previous work and did not involve an extensive interview or recruitment process. Instead, it was an informal appraisal of whether or not I was willing and could make a good fit with the position.

Interview Question – What is your strategic vision for the unit you manage.   Answer Question

Community Relations Manager Interview

Community Relations Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was an intern for a year and a half before interviewing for this position. The first interview was an in-person interview with the office's ED which was a fairly straightforward conversation about the organization and interest in the position. The second round consisted of an assignment due before the actual interview (newsletter article and fundraising proposal), and an interview with the ED plus two of the office's program managers.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was asked during the second round in relation to my fundraising proposal. Should you be in a similar position, come prepared to answer questions on every aspect of your proposal.   Answer Question

Communications Position Interview Interview

Communications Position Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at International Rescue Committee.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via IRC's career site. Within a few weeks, a very friendly woman from HR contacted me for a phone interview. I had two more interviews - one with the boss and the other an in-person with a few members of the team. There was also a quick writing test. Background and reference check was quick. Entire process took a month. Very attentive, helpful and kind HR folks. Always kept me in the loop!

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and also sent out my application to the director in charge of the hiring process. There was a brief screening phone interview with a HR person. I set up a time to come in and do the interview through the phone. There was a director and a program manager who interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this particular region?   Answer Question

Employment Specialist Interview

Employment Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to the position and received an email approximately 4-5 weeks afterwards requesting to schedule a phone interview for the following week. There were time slots offered over a period of 2-3 days with options throughout the day, which was very helpful in working around my own schedule. The actual interview was very professional, yet also relaxed, more like having a conversation about open position and how I could meet the needs of the organization. Although I did not receive an offer, I did receive an encouraging email to apply for other positions about a week after my interview.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge faced working in a group setting and how you worked through the challenge?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Staff

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in August 2010.

Interview Details – it was a one on one interview

Interview Question – was asked about diversity in the workplace   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room to negotiate

Technical Advisor-child Protection Interview

Technical Advisor-child Protection

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in November 2013.

Interview Details – One-on-one phone interviews. The first one was more of a screening interview from a recruiter.
Second interview was with the hiring manager, and the third interview was with a director of another unit.

Interview Question – Nothing really. The first interview focused on my experiences, while the second and third on technical aspects of the work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview Details – First, all potential interns and volunteers participated in an information session, and then individual informational interviews. The head of the department then scheduled an interview a couple of weeks later. I found out a few days later. Before I could start, I participated in a volunteer and intern orientation session.

Interview Question – How has your international experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Emergency Response Manager Interview

Emergency Response Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at International Rescue Committee in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Din't make it beyond phone interview because they were looking for someone who could start earlier than me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Rescue Committee

Worked for International Rescue Committee? Contribute to the Community!