International Sports Management

Updated Oct 28, 2014

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Sports Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management.

Submitted resume through Monster.com, one of the Sales Managers called to discuss the position. Initial phone call lasted about 15-20 minutes, going through brief background of the company, but more importantly, they wanted to discuss my background and what I was looking for. They made no bones about it, letting me know this is a sales position, and that I should be looking for that. They scheduled me for a 1st interview in the office, which was 2 days later. I met with that same Sales Manager, he went through the company, the position (150+ calls each day, moderate research on the side, full benefits, base salary that is not a draw, and uncapped commissions), what they were looking for in terms of this position (both short and long-term) and then had a discussion about my background and skills. Once completed, over the next 48-72 hours (I don't remember exactly) they proceeded to check in with some of my references and a 2nd interview (in-person) was set with the VP. The entire process was very open, which makes sense since they want to be as transparent as possible about the position and the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a lot of leadership experience leading up to my interview, so describing a situation in which I had to overcome some sort of diversity or problem in a short amount of time, while staying determined and leading a group to do the same was more personal for me than professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management in October 2013.

I was called on a Wednesday, the Interview was Thursday and hired on Friday. The interview was pretty easy. The "team lead" asked me some basic questions such as: Are you comfortable making 150 calls a day? What kind of experience do you have making calls over the phone. The rest of the interview was mainly about the position and salary/commission structure.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult question. The interview was quite easy.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management in August 2013.

Sent the my resume from an online ad on Monster, they called me back a couple days later wanting to set up an in-person interview, went in the next day to meet with one of the Sales Managers and most of the interview was spent on him talking about the company/position and then asking a couple questions from your resume and about the job itself, very easy and basic questions. Do not need to even prepare for the interview. Later that afternoon he called me back to invite to come back tomorrow to meet with the other sales manager and this interview was a lot like the first, explaining the position again, answering any questions you have and then asking more questions to see if you are the right fit. No need to prepare for this interview either. Very easy. Later that night they called and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think our customers buy from us?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management in July 2013.

You apply online and get invited to come in and interview. The first is with the sales manager and he asks, "Why do you want to work for this company?" and "Why do you want to work in sales?" That's it. It lasts 15 minutes.

The second interview is the exact same thing. It's the next day with the branch manager and he asks the exact same questions. Also lasts 15 minutes. If you're articulate and show even a slight interest in the position you'll get an offer.

Interview Questions
    The base is $1,500 per month. Commissions are 5 or 10%. No negotiating.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Sports Management in January 2013.

I did a face to face interview that lasted no more than twenty minutes. All the questions were basic and simple like why do you want to work in sales, or have you ever worked for commission? They make it seem like this position could be so lucrative that within one year, you will be making $20k to $30k+ per month. This is hogwash and after being there a year, NO ONE does this. A monkey could get this job or anyone with an IQ over 4.

Interview Questions
    • What would you buy if you made over $200000 in the next twelve months?   View Answer
    They never tell you exactly what you're going to be paid because they know after taxes, you are making minimum wage but they expect you to come to work dressed as if you will be engaging the client face to face (full suit and tie). There is no negotiation phase. They offer the job, you accept/decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management in June 2012.

My resume was pulled from a job service. I was called in for a brief sales pitch that made things look pretty good on the front end. After the initial interview I had a brief phone interview with the District Manager and was offered the position shortly thereafter. The individual that hired me was friendly, fairly open and honest, and put the best face possible on the company.

Interview Questions
    None, flat entry salary plus commission. No negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Sports Management in September 2011.

pre-screening phone conversation (definitely not an interview) that set up a 1:1 interview. Again this barely qualifies as an interview, very easy, no need to prepare for it. Pretty much just show you some of the packages they sell and make sure its a job you're willing to do. My interviewer made it seem like such a giant perk when he said employees get one hour off for lunch because "we can't ecpect to have you on the phones all 8 hours a day" (ooh-la-la). With that I knew I didn't want to work there but its always nice to get that offical offer so I decided to play out the rest of the process - which isn't much. The next day the manager called to 1)hear how I sounded on the phone and 2)gauge my interest level. He said he'd let me know their hiring decision by the end of the day but we both knew then and there that I was going to get an offer; he just wanted to keep me on my toes and make it seem like I was in some sort of tight competition, thus making an offer some huge accomplishment. The inevitable phone call came with a job offer but I declined because no matter what anybody tells you, no matter who you are directing your phone calls to, and no matter what you are trying to sell, making cold calls for the entirety of your job makes you a telemarketer.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Sports Management in March 2011.

This interview consisted of a manager form the office sitting down and talking about how great it was to work there, and how beautiful and amazing the PGA Tour locations were. However they fail to leave out that you will only be cold calling all day long, supervised on the phone like a pre-schooler making a prank call, and that you will never be going to any of the events you are selling packages for, unless you quit or are terminated from ISM.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle some rejection on the phone when we need you to call a potential prospect?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at International Sports Management in January 2012.

Initially screening call, 1 on 1 30 min interview in office, post-interview call and offer.

Account Executive Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at International Sports Management in September 2008.

It was very easy, you came in and were asked basic questions about sales and if you could handle it and if it was something you wanted to do. Very basic and very easy. You are in a room that is not fully enclosed so the rest of the office will hear your interview unless you are talking very quiet.