International Sports Management

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at International Sports Management in September 2011.

Interview Details – pre-screening phone conversation (definitely not an interview) that set up a 1:1 interview. Again this barely qualifies as an interview, very easy, no need to prepare for it. Pretty much just show you some of the packages they sell and make sure its a job you're willing to do. My interviewer made it seem like such a giant perk when he said employees get one hour off for lunch because "we can't ecpect to have you on the phones all 8 hours a day" (ooh-la-la). With that I knew I didn't want to work there but its always nice to get that offical offer so I decided to play out the rest of the process - which isn't much. The next day the manager called to 1)hear how I sounded on the phone and 2)gauge my interest level. He said he'd let me know their hiring decision by the end of the day but we both knew then and there that I was going to get an offer; he just wanted to keep me on my toes and make it seem like I was in some sort of tight competition, thus making an offer some huge accomplishment. The inevitable phone call came with a job offer but I declined because no matter what anybody tells you, no matter who you are directing your phone calls to, and no matter what you are trying to sell, making cold calls for the entirety of your job makes you a telemarketer.

Interview Question – Is this job something you are still interested in?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at International Sports Management in March 2011.

Interview Details – This interview consisted of a manager form the office sitting down and talking about how great it was to work there, and how beautiful and amazing the PGA Tour locations were. However they fail to leave out that you will only be cold calling all day long, supervised on the phone like a pre-schooler making a prank call, and that you will never be going to any of the events you are selling packages for, unless you quit or are terminated from ISM.

Interview Question – Do you think you can handle some rejection on the phone when we need you to call a potential prospect?   Answer Question

Worked for International Sports Management? Contribute to the Community!