International Truck and Engine

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

3.2

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Truck and Engine.

It took about 3 months from start to hire. I had to interview with 6 people one at a time. Questions were basic function questions dealing with the product. There were some questions dealing with sexual discrimination issues that had occurred at the Company and they explained how they were fixed.

Interview Questions
    They sent an offer letter and at that time I did not negotiate.

Regional Operations Supervisor Interview

Behavior based interview

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Truck and Engine.

Took a test first then, one interview with three people, an engineer, a maintenance GF and the union rep.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, general work history of what you worked on.   Answer Question
    this is a union shop, wages are pre set.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in June 2013.

The interview was straight forward. It was a panel with questions based on current and past work experiences. The questions played on problem, action, resolution, and experience gained. There were about 10 total questions split among two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The question was about dealing with a difficult manager and how that situation was handled.   View Answer
    There is little room for negotiations.

Senior Powertrain Calibrations Engineer/Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in May 2012.

I am surely a very unique case as I had a freind who worked here who sent in my resume directly. I spoke with the HR lady, who asked me a few questions, and sent in my resume. The ChIef Engineer was very interested and I was called in for a formal interveiw 2 weeks later. Very good process

Interview Questions
    • EXAMPLE: "Name a time when someone pushed you to the limit, and how did you handle it" They just ask other behavioral stuff to see how well you play with others. But as always, its very godo to tie this back into your experience both in life occurances, and in work or education. Just be you and be honest.   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations as a new grad and I did no negotiate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in April 2012.

15' phone interview with hiring manager, go over resume and past experiences, skills.
    On site interview with the team for 2 hours. Hiring manager and two team members taking turn asking questions. They asked about backgrounds, educations, past experiences. Then Behavorial questions for another 30 minutes. Ended with a tour of the campus.

Summer Intern, Enginnering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in November 2011.

Recruiters, pass your resume, and you get an online interview. Where they video tape your responses.You have limited time to answer each question.

Interview Questions
    just relocation, 3,000 USD. you have to qualify to live at least 30 miles away from the work site.

Entry Level Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in March 2011.

Most of the questions were fairly standard, "Tell me about a time where you made the wrong choice, how did you fix it?" "Tell me about a snap decision you had to make and was it the right one?" etc.

My advice is to ensure you have multiple "stories" to pull from and that they don't all come from school projects, I didn't talk about my senior design project until they specifically asked about it in the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a decision you made that was wrong, what did you do to fix it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, the salary offered was in the top 5% of salaries from my College (Engineering) across the board.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in November 2010.

Very thorough interview process: two in-person interviews and one phone interview. Questions were behavioral/situational and on point for the position. Everyone was very friendly and engaging.

Calibration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at International Truck and Engine in June 2010.

The process started with me applying for a calibrations engineer position at the company after completing my Master's degree. I got a call from the HR manager and had a brief interview on the phone. This was a very short interview and an initial screening in the process. She then forwarded my resume and credentials to the hiring manager of the department where the position was located. The hiring manager took a small interview on the phone inquiring about my experience and education. I was then called on site for a final interview which consisted of two managers from the same department where the position was located. After clearing the on-site interview I got a call from the HR manager again saying the interview went well and its a go ahead from the managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you were stuck in between a project and how did you get of the situation?   Answer Question