Internet Brands Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

had a great interview with 4 different managers. One by one they asked me questions and spoke about the direction of the company and what my job would entail.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted within one week. A recruiter called me and did a phone interview. It lasted about 20 minutes. She then sent over a Case study for me to complete. About 3-4 days later another recruiter email me to schedule an in person interview. I came in for the interview and it lasted about 2 and 1/2 hours. I was interviewed by 2 managers in the HR department. I got the impression that the interview went well. I was told that O would be contacted within 4 business days to let me know the results of the interview. After 3 weeks I have still not been contacted. It would be nice if Internet brands contacted even the rejected candidates who have come in for an interview. They should not be telling people they will contact them regardless of the outcome and they do not.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with team members not doing their share of the work on a group project?   Answer Question

International Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Started with a telephone interview which turned out to be very relaxed, easy questions. It was a way of warming up and hearing the tone of the applicant. Days later, the recruiters associate emailed me to schedule an interview date and time. The on-site interview is a very long process. Interview questions they ask you in the conference room aren't difficult. Doesn't feel like an interrogation. Instead, interviewers take on a casual style of conversation. For the in person interview, you initially speak with the recruiter, hiring manager and the individual currently in the role. For me, there were 3 interviews in one entire day. However, don't believe the long interview means they're interested in you. After my third interview concluded, the recruiter told me she would contact me 4 days later to keep me updated. Guess what....she never contacted me. Never heard back. However, I'm very glad I didn't hear back because I now work at a company a million times better and offers much better work balance, benefits and pay.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

First a phone interview followed by in person 1-1. Very laid back. Was giving a tour of the facility. Didn't feel like enough information was provided so you had a real sense of expectations.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience, what you like about the company, 5 year goals   Answer Question

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Internet Brands in June 2015.

Interview

Simple, Regular Phone Screen. It sounded like a cool place to work until we discussed salary. The pay is RIDICULOUSLY low. Like Seriously, way below market rate. I don't know how any one could live off that. 30K Range for a recruiter. It's absolutley absurd! If you like not eating and paying your bills, this may be the job for you.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. Easy phone interview nothing technical with HR, easy on-site interview some technical questions. Faced 3 different developers and everyone asked me different questions.

User Experience/UI Designer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Internet Brands (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was quick. However, the design exercise requested wireframes, a design specification guide, and a detailed, visual mockup of the homepage and mobile version of one of their sites. Big red flags.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I was contacted via email to find a time for a phone interview. That part of the process went quickly and I was appreciative. The recruiter that got in touch with me was also very empathetic and someone you'll like interviewing with. She was patient and transparent about the salary to see if this will be mutually beneficial for both parties. I passed the phone screen and was sent a case study, which I sent back to her the next day. She notified me that she received it, but didn't hear back from her for a couple days. I felt like I did well on the case study as it was very easy, just 5 simple and straightforward questions to get to know if you know the HR policies and how you manage your workload. I emailed her back asking for the next steps. She replied 2 days later, which seemed like a standard template reply, that I didn't get the position. While her template reply was very kind, it would have been more helpful if she told me why I didn't land the position believe I was very qualified. They don't pay well and definitely below market price so I was glad she was open about that. Wasn't too disappointed in not getting the position and thus it's a neutral experience.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The interview process took more than 4 hours and I met with multiple recruiters and the VP. Their compensation is extremely low. They kept emphasizing how the dress code was casual so I am supposed to take a pay cut just because I get to wear jeans to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage recruiting for multiple technical positions?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

First part is the screening processes. I was instructed to take a codility test and brainsbuilder test. the codility test was based on array manipulation. The brainsbuilder test is a multiple choice test about basic html and css. Overall both were really simple and basic as it was part of the screening process.