Internet Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

First a phone interview followed by in person 1-1. Very laid back. Was giving a tour of the facility. Didn't feel like enough information was provided so you had a real sense of expectations.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience, what you like about the company, 5 year goals   Answer Question

User Experience/UI Designer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Internet Brands (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was quick. However, the design exercise requested wireframes, a design specification guide, and a detailed, visual mockup of the homepage and mobile version of one of their sites. Big red flags.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The interview process took more than 4 hours and I met with multiple recruiters and the VP. Their compensation is extremely low. They kept emphasizing how the dress code was casual so I am supposed to take a pay cut just because I get to wear jeans to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage recruiting for multiple technical positions?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

First part is the screening processes. I was instructed to take a codility test and brainsbuilder test. the codility test was based on array manipulation. The brainsbuilder test is a multiple choice test about basic html and css. Overall both were really simple and basic as it was part of the screening process.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Applied online, was called back within 2 days. Brought in for a 3+ hour interview process (interviewed by HR and two of the potential supervisors) the next day, and then they called me back within 3 hours and asked if I could start the very next day, since the department had a huge deadline they needed help with.

Web Development/PHP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

I was asked to take the codility and the brainsbuilder test. Codility test was based on array manipulation and brainsbuilder test was based on HTML, CSS, Javascript, and JQuery. The HR called me once I emailed her that I finished the two tests.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Internet Brands.

Interview

two weeks to get hired. Phone interview first, then Online Exam, then Technical Assessment, then after that face to face interview. and on the same day I got the offer for the job

Interview Questions

• Alot of scenario based questions. How good is your analytical and critical thinking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Low Pay. But needed the job

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Met with a pair of payroll clerks (might've been clerk 2), a payroll manager, and a hr manager in a total of three rounds interview.

It was pleasant for the most part, the asked me questions about my resume, strength/weakness, normal questions.

The HR manager dug and pressed for answers to personal questions that had to do with my unemployment that I wasn't comfortable giving. It turned me off.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work in payroll?   1 Answer

Manager of Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by one of Internet Brands' recruiters. I had three interviews with them. The first interview was an HR screen over the phone. The second interview was a technical screen performed over the phone with one of Internet Brands' developers. I passed the technical screen and had an in person interview scheduled.

When I went to the in person interview, they had me meet with 2 of the developers from the team I would be managing. The conversions went fine I thought, but somehow it was decided that I shouldn't interview for the Manager of Software Development position I was supposed to be interviewing for. This was done even though I never even spoke to the hiring manager. I had only up to that point spoke with 2 developers and an HR person while at the Internet Brands office.

They then decided I should interview for a different position, which I clearly wasn't prepared for, since I was interviewing for a management position. The portion of the interview went poorly, plus I was tired by that time since I had been there for 4 hours already.

Obviously I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• I had to submit a code sample using google docs during the phone tech screen. I believe I had to write a for loop that would update a value in the middle of a function call.   1 Answer

Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Internet Brands (El Segundo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday to receive and email Monday morning. After setting up a certain time for a phone interview (which one lasted about 15-20 minutes), they sent another email with a case study in order to move on with the interview process. After completing and sending the case study back, they took half a week to reply back. They were prompt and courteous when replying to emails.