Internet Broadcasting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Campaign Specialist Interview

Campaign Specialist
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Internet Broadcasting in June 2008.

Interview Details – panel interview, follow up interview. standardized questions.

Interview Question – pass   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Campaign Specialist Interview

Campaign Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Internet Broadcasting in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and a few weeks later, received call from the hiring manager. She had me do a phone interview on-the-spot and I was not prepared. Not to mention, she called me at 6pm on a Friday night. Weird...also makes me wonder if this organization is always working after hours, ya know?

Apparently I passed the phone interview because on Monday, I received an email to set up an in-person interview. When I got to my interview, I had to fill out an application. When I walked into the conference room, to my surprise, four people were sitting in there. Yikes. I do NOT like being interviewed by multiple people.

The hiring managers are all very young (mid-to-late 20's). They were laughing at inside jokes during parts of my interview. Not very professional, IMO.

The interview consisted of ENDLESS behavioral questions, all centering on the same theme: dealing with complete chaos. The questions were themed around how do you deal with constant interruptions and how do you deal with angry phone calls from TV station managers. Doesn't sound like a pleasant job at all.

When all the questioning was done, more fun was ahead. I had to do a mock phone call to see how I'd handle an angry TV station manager. One of the hiring managers left the room and called from her desk, acting like a station manager. I was supposed to calm her down.

Then, I had to respond to an angry email from a TV station. One of the interviewers gave me her laptop and I typed out my response. Errr...kind of weird.

As someone with 12 years' professional experience (but unemployed and desperate, unfortunately), this position seems very entry level. It reminded me of my days working in a call center. The job description makes this job sound much better and much less entry level than what it actually is, which is why I applied for it.

I get the feeling that the "campaign specialist" position has a LOT of turnover and gets micromanaged by the managers.

I suppose this could be a fun place to work, but I wouldn't want this particular position.

Interview Question – How do you handle irate coworkers?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Internet Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Internet Broadcasting Campaign Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Internet Broadcasting employees and interview candidates.