Interpublic Group

Updated Jul 26, 2014
Updated Jul 26, 2014

2.2

Chief Executive Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Interpublic Group.

Unresponsive during the process. Interview was awkward and tough to get a good discussion going. Was made to feel as if there wasn't really a job open. No clear view on job or initial priorities. Tough to tell if this was an opportunity or kamikaze mission.

Senior Biztalk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Interpublic Group.

2 Techincal Rounds
    1st round telephonic.
    2nd round Skype or face to face.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are asked based on ur experience on ur resume.   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Interpublic Group.

There really weren't many technical questions. The interviewer will likely ask you a lot of questions about your previous history/experiences. Do your research on the company prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. Just standard behavioral questions. Again, gain research the company, IPG.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Interpublic Group.

Really easy and relaxing. Many employees are brought in through Temp agencies.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation -- it is what it is

Junior Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Interpublic Group in August 2012.

Typically one interview is given where there is a pannel of managers asking questions. The questions are pretty typical and the enviornment is very relaxed and laid back

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate on the hourly rate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Interpublic Group in November 2010.

Advertising agency experience was necessary for the position, as the position was supporting several of the IPG agencies on a business application applicable to planning, buying and production.

My advice is to be prepared for the interview and be able to talk about how your past experience and achievements relate to the position. Additionally, I was told my follow up interview letter demonstrated I had listened on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you lead a project from start to finish? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't an issue - the process went smoothly.

IT Consultant SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Interpublic Group in July 2009.

Interview was conducted with lead in the area who was fairly knowledgeable. The lead described the current environment and challenges well.

Interview Questions
    • Technical table names were asked in some areas where I could not remember.   Answer Question

Organization constrained jobs to roles in an older style organization. Working in the environment would likely be too constraining for me since I am used to performing many tasks and roles and delivering quickly. It is probably a good environment for many people to work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Interpublic Group in December 2008.

I simply applied online, their HR rep emailed me within a week to say they wanted to interview me via phone. The phone interview was very straightforward, nothing tricky, standard advertising interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your least favorite brand (not a difficult question, I just had not thought about it).   Answer Question

Vice President Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Interpublic Group in June 2008.

Ilked the people i would be working WITH and who would be working for me. The SVP, however, was stuck in the 1970's. The systems in place were so out of date and the philosophy they had about L&D was archaic. Meeting EVP of HR was even worse. She had no clue about L&D and had no answers to any of my questions.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Interpublic Group in September 2013.

met the HRD and Recruiting Manager