Intersil

Intersil Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

Verification Engineer- Raleigh, NC Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intersil.

Got call from college career fair. Had a first half hour round the next day which included basic questions about resume projects, specially VLSI and digital circuit design based projects.
    The on site call consisted of 6 rounds which included basic Verification, ASIC design questions(like difference between nonblocking/blocking assignments, setup hold time constraints, clock domain crossing) and circuit design questions relevant to project(like SRAM design constraints).

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between inertial and transport delay in ASIC design? How will u model them?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intersil.

Was introduced/referred by a senior student from my lab who is an employee in Intersil. interviewed from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, many questions on basic understanding of Buck converters. They are all very friendly, so it was very comfortable experience.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intersil in January 2015.

I discovered the opening on the website and used Linkedin to meet the VP of the facility. Got a phone screen and then was flown across the country to interview on site. Everybody I met was friendly and knowledgable, erring towards having a conversation with me over asking technical questions. As one of the interviewers put it, "I'd rather get to know you than waste time testing you - based on your university history, I already know that you are smart!". That was extremely refreshing to hear. Overall I really liked the people I met and I was impressed with the expedience of the entire hiring process. Their offer was generous and offered me tremendous relocation support.

Interview Questions
    • As I enquired about current operations at the fab, an interviewer described a problem related to their ion implantation process. He drew a diagram on the board and we casually talked about it, much like a university professor and undergraduate student would converse about questions asked in class. I loved that approach and felt much more informed afterwards, not just about the technical problem of Arsenic ion contamination, but also about the way Intersil employees talk to each other and problem solve.   Answer Question
    Base salary was not negotiable, nor was the relocation stipend, but start times and temporary housing were

Silicon Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intersil in November 2014.

phone interview followed by an on site interview with 4 members of the team. They asked everything from basic analog to digital to DSP and control systems. 4 rounds of on site interview with different members.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intersil.

Phone interview of 1 hour. Basic questions related to job and stuffs in resume.

Analog Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intersil in April 2014.

HR mailed me to propose a date for telephonic interview and then did not reply. I waited on the date i gave but no call. Then after 2 days she apologized and asked for another date. It was the first interview. He asked me about switch capacitor questions and the whole process was well. Again he called once after few days to let me know about the selection. But soon after two days HR mailed and said you have two more telephonic 2 go. Both of them were from Resume on LDO project and two stage op-amps. The whole process was for 2 months and i got a reject due to lack of experience as they said.

Interview Questions
    • mostly from switch capacitor noise analysis with continuous filters.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intersil in March 2014.

Phone interview, followed by Offer
    Phone interview involved 2 phone calls - one from an analog design and verification engineer, and another from digital design and verification engineer.
    Was asked about building up of state-machines and design of DACs, ADCs, and PLLs

Interview Questions
    • Detailed working design of an 8-bit DAC - architecture, specifications, design and verification   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer NCG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intersil in February 2014.

Interview process took about 2-3 weeks. Applied online and got a call for a phone screening with two firmware guys - firmware team manager and senior firmware engineer. Interview was a great success and very positive. But this lasted only till the phone screening. As it turned out, the position was totally misinformed. They had clearly mentioned the Digital signal processing to be a PLUS. Additionally I had asked either of the guys in the telephonic round to check if they needed that skill specifically and this is what they replied "We have NEVER used that in FW coding. HW team might be dealing with that." However, the onsite interview started off with a series of questions on power electronics, which they had never mentioned on their job description. Next round was nothing other that signal processing and filters. Rest of the rounds had everything but firmware or embedded software. The closest I got to coding in the whole interview process was writing an algorithm for elevator. They never tested me for my coding skills or even the basic questions in C. I am not sure on what basis have they judged me for a firmware engineer position when the interview had no questions on coding. But the worst experience was yet to come when the manager of the group came in for the interview and asked me about my past work experience. As I was talking, he literally fell asleep in front of me, which I feel is very rude thing to do for any interviewer. At this point I wasn't even 5 minutes in to the discussion. At one point I stopped talking to see if he was even listening, and guess what, he was snoring !! At this point I was really pissed off at the way they were behaving and quickly finished the round to get the hell out of that place.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type of questions and resume specific questions. Elevator design problem.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intersil in February 2014.

submitted my resume in the career fair and got a call on the same day for 1:1 interview for the next day. resume based general questions and lot of analog design basic questions. after 2 week direct interview with hiring manger and then called for on site interview. On site interview included 5 small 1:1 interviews. All were on basic design logic. Analog design, verilog and system verilog. most of questions were based on verification profile.

Interview Questions
    • all the question were quite easy but analog design questions were little difficult   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intersil.

Very professional in all aspects. I was first approached by search agent. The job details well communicated. Telephone contact was followed by stringent technical interview on site. There was a second on-site interview including a teleconference with remote site. There was telephone follow-up, then a written job offer with full details and contract highlights.

Interview Questions
    • Thorough technical interrogation about operational amplifier design.   Answer Question